Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484254 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30675 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:52 pm »

[19:55] <ER> too bad saint's sperm is crystaline and high velocity
[19:55] <syv> And explodes.
May I Sig this
dew it

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30676 on: May 21, 2016, 03:13:25 am »

[19:55] <ER> too bad saint's sperm is crystaline and high velocity
[19:55] <syv> And explodes.
And thus, we are reminded once again that there is no truer sign of virtue than ejaculating live anti-material rounds.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30677 on: May 21, 2016, 03:30:19 am »

Wait what the fuck? Xantalos is becoming human again?

I never get what he's doing. Also, what happens to that guy's brain he stole?
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30678 on: May 21, 2016, 03:31:36 am »

Temporarily.
Well, permanently. But also temporarily.

I'll probably mush his brain truth be told, I only took it to amuse myself while I waited for the mission to end.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30679 on: May 21, 2016, 03:47:38 am »

Aaarrgh. I'd love to have made an uncon build, but uncon weapons seem pretty useless unless you go down the psionic overlord route. I'm looking at the stake driver, but it just seems like a slightly more powerful deathstick that has to be used close up...

Is the Piezo-electric shard launcher still worth getting, or has tinker shoved it into obsolescence?
I'm asking anyone who knows the game balance of ER quite well.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30680 on: May 21, 2016, 08:03:13 am »

Supervets: You're technically working with the vets on this because I'm sending you to get the power source. Which will involve killing a powerful alternate universe creature. You're going hunting.
I'm getting a Moby Dick kinda vibe here.

I got pm'd Lyra's Id and it's purfect.
I think this breaks at least half the Geneva conventions. I'm reporting this to the pun police (a subsidiary to the fun police).

ER movie Night this sunday?
Dunno if I'll make it, and even then I shouldn't stay long, but I'll try to get on. Have a schedule planned yet?

Aaarrgh. I'd love to have made an uncon build, but uncon weapons seem pretty useless unless you go down the psionic overlord route. I'm looking at the stake driver, but it just seems like a slightly more powerful deathstick that has to be used close up...
Uncon is indeed more of a supportive build rather than straight up offensive (outside of melee, and high-ex I guess) these days, though with some creative usage and combinations of equipment you might be able to get quite some nice synergy going.

Is the Piezo-electric shard launcher still worth getting, or has tinker shoved it into obsolescence?
It's somewhat 'overpowered' against a lot of targets (with a chance of over-penetrating and actually lowering damage potential), but still has decent ammo economy for that price range. You might wanna consider a doctrine though, which has better ammo economy for still decent damage and with lower stat requirements (regular psl is exo and +2 str). Might wanna take into account what mission you're going on as well.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:06:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30681 on: May 21, 2016, 09:06:21 am »

Did I read something about a "movie night" happening sometime soon?
Those are always fun, I'd be up for that. When does it happen exactly?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30682 on: May 21, 2016, 10:28:58 am »

Don't know your stats, but if you're looking for unconventional and have the stats for it, you could always take a solid light matter generator and go Green Lantern on your foes. I'm thinking of getting one myself, actually. Then I'll have the entire solid light trilogy.

Otherwise, it's either more armour or a bigger deathtube, and I don't think either is going to help.
Maybe a 5 second reset, but it doesn't seem as useful as a solid light generator. Or maybe I just don't like it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30683 on: May 21, 2016, 11:27:02 am »

Now Lyra apparently got a pretty good Id, whatever it is exactly. However, depending on if PW sticks with the idea he came up with when he saw my words, I may have won the id contest forever. Like forever forever.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30684 on: May 21, 2016, 11:46:15 am »

So far our movie list for tomorrow is

The Raid, 1 and 2

Deadpool

Mad max, fury road

Aliens

Die Hard

Maybe Akira, if I can get it up in time.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30685 on: May 21, 2016, 11:53:26 am »

Ooooooh, very nice! I'll have to see if it's still going on after work.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30686 on: May 21, 2016, 12:48:59 pm »

How about something on comedy side?
Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30687 on: May 21, 2016, 01:22:41 pm »

Now Lyra apparently got a pretty good Id, whatever it is exactly.
I got pm'd Lyra's Id and it's purfect.
I am so happy right now.
Wanna share the joy?
You get the "Shadow Cat-girl legion"

When manifested under normal circumstances there's no visible indication of it being there, but when needed your shadow will divide and spring up as roughly a dozen (numbers vary depending on threat) shadowy catgirls. They lay flat against the ground like shadows, but their actions seem to effect the world as though they were three dimensional; like they were shadows cast by something invisible. it's hard to make out any distinct details about what they look like, but they appear pretty anime; with frilly clothing and oversized cat ears. They can be told to inhabit the shadows of others, automatically protecting them from harm.

They are very robust and good at acting as shields but not very strong and can't stray too far from the shadow of the one they're protecting.
Words were:
Shy
Kind
Protective
Cat
Human

This was along the lines of my best-case hope for what Id she'd manifest. I consider Lyra to finally have reached my goals for her endgame equipment / setup. now all that's left is stats, which requires missions, which aren't going to happen. but honestly, right now, I'm not sure I even care. That result was just that good and that far in line with and even beyond my best-case hopes.
Lyra's perfect, and it makes me happyface.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30688 on: May 21, 2016, 01:45:53 pm »

It's somewhat 'overpowered' against a lot of targets (with a chance of over-penetrating and actually lowering damage potential), but still has decent ammo economy for that price range. You might wanna consider a doctrine though, which has better ammo economy for still decent damage and with lower stat requirements (regular psl is exo and +2 str). Might wanna take into account what mission you're going on as well.

Yeah, Radio pretty much nailed it.  Doctrine is superior to the PSL if you're kiling things smaller than a battlesuit, because a PSL is just massive overkill.  Also, I'm currently running a sale on items I've tinkered up, so if you act now you can get a Doctrine for only five tokens--50% off!

Basic Doctrine magazines are also buy-one-get-one-free, so if you wanna know the meaning of dakka, use your savings to buy a hundred eighty rounds of ammo.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30689 on: May 21, 2016, 01:52:13 pm »

Welp, my new Id just came in. He's not quite as interesting in appearance as Comrade Dimitri, but he's pretty cool regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 2044 2045 [2046] 2047 2048 ... 2205