Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1971 1972 [1973] 1974 1975 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495087 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29580 on: March 12, 2016, 11:58:56 am »

I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread.  We have a thread especially for me to be a cryptic asshole and I don't post in it.

Hey, everyone, yell at me to work on ORO. When people tell me they want something it's good motivation.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29581 on: March 12, 2016, 12:00:29 pm »

I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread.  We have a thread especially for me to be a cryptic asshole and I don't post in it.

Hey, everyone, yell at me to work on ORO. When people tell me they want something it's good motivation.
I do want you to on ORO, but I also don't want the current missions to suffer too much. Can I yell at you to find a nice balance between the two instead?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29582 on: March 12, 2016, 12:03:50 pm »

Get on with Oro! I'm giving up my own good... finger strength just to encourage you, so get on with it! I'll probably have arthiritis by the time I'm twenty because of you! Snap to it! At the double!
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29583 on: March 12, 2016, 01:16:39 pm »

yell at you? okay
WORK ON IT YAH LAZY BIGOT! RABBLE RABLLE RAWR!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29584 on: March 12, 2016, 01:18:55 pm »

I wonder, I bet there are a few of the universes we have encountered that could post a threat to some aspects of the Lurker's original universe. Maybe not enough threat to stop it, or harm ithe Lurker itself, but enough to get it's attention. of course, that might also draw it's attention more directly to us at the lab ... besides, I doubt the Lurker is confined to it's original universe and ours at this point -it has probably spread to a few by now.

Worek on Oro, but not at the expense of making Dester into an angelic figure of power, grace, and authority. Do that first. then Work on ORO.

((more like, Dester will finish this mission, get people into a multiple of universes, and fade into obscurity, his name unrecognized by any but the Black Ops peole he works with, eventually dying an old, lonely man in some quiet corner of cavernverse, a single, unnatural Sapphire the size of his head marking his grave.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29585 on: March 12, 2016, 01:33:27 pm »

This mission is spiraling rapidly out of control.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29586 on: March 12, 2016, 01:56:41 pm »

Heh.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29587 on: March 12, 2016, 02:42:35 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PW implied during the last ER talk that the black rod universe was just one of many infected universes, rather than the Lurker's place of origin.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29588 on: March 12, 2016, 02:54:48 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think PW implied during the last ER talk that the black rod universe was just one of many infected universes, rather than the Lurker's place of origin.
I believe you are not wrong.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29589 on: March 12, 2016, 05:08:51 pm »

Asked some things in pm to pw few days ago, was gonna post them in here for clarification but forgot to do so earlier.
-Kinda asked this in my action, but for expediency: if there's no more big threats coming for or team, would it be ok to send one/more of team Earthquake along with the shuttle to help along with the evac efforts?
-Are there other areas where they could go that aren't in panic mode yet? Or has the panic spread to everywhere where they were supposed to evac people?
-Is there a time limit on this mission? As in, if we literally evac'd people by kidnapping them one by one, and this would take weeks in game, is there any reason we couldn't?
I can tell you there's nothing coming the NEXT turn but I can't tell you there isn't anything coming ever. I'm rolling for it.

Yes, remember this is just the first place. Lots of islands out there.

There's no hard time limit but no, one at a time ain't gonna cut it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29590 on: March 12, 2016, 06:07:28 pm »

Oh my God. that mission is hilariously awful. I am having a hard time tracking where everyone is, and it would figure that I read all the events out of order,with Auron's action being the last one I saw.

next time you sort these people into teams, make sure you gather all the ones who actually want to help into a couple teams (provided there are enough of them to for more than one team), and then just plunk all the rest into a few teams and "lose" them for a few turns. let them sort themselves out for a while. should reduce the baggage a little. of course, again, any time you want to toss a few troublemakers through the portal, send a message to BlOps while you are at it, and we will use them as is fitting heir "qualifications."

Nunzillor

« Reply #29591 on: March 12, 2016, 09:15:45 pm »

Maybe we could talk about it here a bit and try to get a detailed plan ready for the next area?  Or maybe it's poor form to plan out of character.  Don't know.

Edit: err, never mind.  Looks like the vet teams are discussing it.
Edit 2!: Gonna check if we can get a timeskip with mass kidnappings (more than one at a time) so we can get this over with and move on.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:24:01 am by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29592 on: March 13, 2016, 12:38:14 pm »

How about you let Aigre map, give me the secrets, and then we're all happy!  :P
Talking about secrets, did you get anything else from Steve and AM back in the day when you three had "time to talk" than was recently revealed? You know, when AM teleported you somewhere?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29593 on: March 13, 2016, 12:40:15 pm »

Oh my God. that mission is hilariously awful. I am having a hard time tracking where everyone is,
I don't have ANY clue what's happening.  IC or OOC.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29594 on: March 13, 2016, 01:18:22 pm »

I'm doing a mechanics test for ERRANT, shaking down the new hitpoints system:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156916.0
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 1971 1972 [1973] 1974 1975 ... 2205