Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2429393 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2850 on: April 16, 2014, 12:45:31 pm »

Goddammit why can't we have gone with my plan?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 16, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »

I think Thaddeus' best bet is telling the sod he had face reconstruction surgery in case they say the face doesn't match.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 16, 2014, 12:49:47 pm »

I guess when it killed you, you would have just respawned and we would know how dangerous it is.  Next time we can go with Plan Grate Is Expendable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: April 16, 2014, 01:01:43 pm »

IT BEGINS

*mario 2 music begins playing and computer-generated voices begin to talk about ponies*
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2854 on: April 16, 2014, 01:05:17 pm »

I think Thaddeus' best bet is telling the sod he had face reconstruction surgery in case they say the face doesn't match.
We can just say he's not coming with me and leave him in the elevator. Then they'd have no reason to check his ID. After all, Skylar might need some help.

EDIT: Or maybe they check his ID anyway and then we've lost a teammate for nothing.

EDIT2: Or he can say he lost his ID if he can't find it and simply recite his name and ID number. Thus the sods won't have a picture to look at. Then again, they might detain him anyway.

EDIT3: Or maybe he can say he's sick or scared and its somehow affecting his face. Or maybe he had an accident.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:37:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 16, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »

EDIT3: Or maybe he can say he's sick or scared and its somehow affecting his face. Or maybe he had an accident.

"It's those bloody Urban Executor buggers, I tell you! Always with their organochemistry overriding and giving people cystic acne and subcutaneous facial tumors when they least expect it! And that's on the good days. The bad days, well... I used to be woman a month ago is all I'm going to say!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »

I think renegade had an action to read the ID as it was instructed beforehand.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 16, 2014, 03:00:18 pm »

I guess when it killed you, you would have just respawned and we would know how dangerous it is.  Next time we can go with Plan Grate Is Expendable.
Just a reminder...Plan Blow It Up With An Amp had a 1/3 chance of overshoot, which leads to a 1/3 chance of severely injuring or killing everyone on the team. Including Grate. Plan Grate Investigates has an unknown chance of Grate dying and a minimal chance of anyone else getting hurt.

"It's those bloody Urban Executor buggers, I tell you! Always with their organochemistry overriding and giving people cystic acne and subcutaneous facial tumors when they least expect it! And that's on the good days. The bad days, well... I used to be woman a month ago is all I'm going to say!"
That's one of those actions that's a lot funnier in the OOC thread than in the actual game. I'm pretty sure that even sods would see through that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: April 16, 2014, 07:45:57 pm »

Grate, I think you're forgetting we're in suits that provide extremely good thermal protection.  You wouldn't have felt more than uncomfortably warm in that suit.  In Mission One, someone did that ON PURPOSE to jury-rig a cast for their broken leg.  You're fine, quit screaming like a baby.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 16, 2014, 07:51:38 pm »

It took a me to freeze through them, after all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 16, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »

Grate, I think you're forgetting we're in suits that provide extremely good thermal protection.  You wouldn't have felt more than uncomfortably warm in that suit.  In Mission One, someone did that ON PURPOSE to jury-rig a cast for their broken leg.  You're fine, quit screaming like a baby.
Geez, these crappy MK I suits are consistently turning out to be less crappy than everyone's treating them as. Editing action.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »

Geez, these crappy MK I suits are consistently turning out to be less crappy than everyone's treating them as. Editing action.
Yeah, they do their purpose very well, they block out a lot of radiation, insulate superbly and protects from vacuum. Unfortunately, protecting from weapons isn't one of them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: April 16, 2014, 08:41:35 pm »

I would have thought molten metal falls more on the "weapons" side of spacesuit-damaging.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: April 16, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »

I would have thought molten metal falls more on the "weapons" side of spacesuit-damaging.
Not hot enough.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:04 pm »

It took a me to freeze through them, after all.
First thought: "It's-a me, Xan-talos!"

If you ever need to return to human form, make yourself Mario.

Yeah, they do their purpose very well, they block out a lot of radiation, insulate superbly and protects from vacuum. Unfortunately, protecting from weapons isn't one of them.

And they do a surprisingly good job at that, too.  Fairly resistant to lasers, and the helmet is capable of deflecting effing anti-tank rounds..

Mostly, people call them carp because they're free, and everyone takes them for granted in the future.  It's like modern people going "Whaaat?!  It takes a whole forty seconds for you to send a message to someone on the opposite side of the world?!  Your connection is utter schist!"

EDIT:
Yeah, I'm using it for the AoW heavy laser. So that's 12 tokens for hardpoint+installation then?
I apologize if I'm just derping, but aren't you talking about the heavy laser that came with the avatar?  That you got instead of the "standard-issue" coilgin?  That is therefore already integrated into your hand?

@Xantalos' post directly below this
I get the joke, but I mean if you ever have to actually infiltrate into a human area.  Y'know, that would shoot all your typical forms on sight.

*Sigh*  I really wish SS could get the fleshwarping ability you got, just because I'd like to see it used for the mimic part of the thing, rather than the monster part for once.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 2205