Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 [1893] 1894 1895 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485525 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28380 on: February 08, 2016, 12:42:02 pm »

...Mind control is certainly cheap, though.  I mean, seriously, how are you supposed to counter that?  Just run away?  Boring.  Only use soldiers with high will/will-increasing items?  Annoying, not strategic.

Besides the obvious "kill the controller" counter,
Kill the controller is a lot easier said than done in the early game. When one unit being mind controlled panics half your squad and sectoids can tank 2 or three bursts of fire.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28381 on: February 08, 2016, 12:43:44 pm »

So... what gear did newb teams actually get? And do we actually have limit how much mission equipment we can dish out?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #28382 on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:27 pm »

So... what gear did newb teams actually get? And do we actually have limit how much mission equipment we can dish out?
Team 1:  Goop grenades, Stun sticks, electronades, flare guns w/flares, Aster-ex with short range detonators. On person, sharksuits.

Team 2: everything is in individual inventories already.

Then 3: one chem thrower, already in Ramses' inventory + Goop grenades, Stun sticks, electronades, flare guns w/flares, Aster-ex with short range detonators.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:17:15 pm by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28383 on: February 08, 2016, 02:14:39 pm »

So much free stuff... I fully understand Dev now. No one can die now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28384 on: February 08, 2016, 02:19:56 pm »

Great. Now we're all doomed.
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28385 on: February 08, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

Team 1:  Goop grenades, Stun sticks, electronades, flare guns w/flares, Aster-ex with short range detonators. On person, sharksuits.

Team 2: everything is in individual inventories already.

Then 3: one chem thrower, already in Ramses' inventory + Goop grenades, Stun sticks, electronades, flare guns w/flares, Aster-ex with short range detonators.
I did not get a sharksuit

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28386 on: February 08, 2016, 02:48:41 pm »

Hey, I was fully expecting Team 1 to only get about half of what we actually got. I'll gladly take that stuff if he's going to offer that much.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nunzillor

« Reply #28387 on: February 08, 2016, 02:51:51 pm »

Urist: Well, we only have three team fund-loaned sharksuits, and more than 3 people need them.  You were the last person to join us, but giving you a sharksuit would mean taking it away from someone else.  I'm not sure how to best help in this scenario in a way that leaves everyone satisfied.  What do you think would be best?

@wikignomes: Looking the cheat sheets over... Aphra's sharksuit should not be indicated as being mission equipment, as it was purchased with her own funds.  Same with Oidipous.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28388 on: February 08, 2016, 02:54:25 pm »

I was just confused by the way it was framed in that quote, I just needed clarification. I'm fine without a shark suit

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28389 on: February 08, 2016, 03:01:20 pm »

...Mind control is certainly cheap, though.  I mean, seriously, how are you supposed to counter that?  Just run away?  Boring.  Only use soldiers with high will/will-increasing items?  Annoying, not strategic.

Besides the obvious "kill the controller" counter,
Kill the controller is a lot easier said than done in the early game. When one unit being mind controlled panics half your squad and sectoids can tank 2 or three bursts of fire.

Yeah.  Why are sectoids so outrageously tough, anyway?  They aren't wearing armor, and they're powerful even without durability.  They should be squishy mages who hang back from combat.  The flashbang tactic is a good counter, but it's not something you're told about.  Also, if your grenadier is MC'd, you're out of luck, unless you're giving lots of people flashbangs, and at that point you're going to rather significant lengths just to counter a single ability of a single enemy.

Eh.  I just really dislike MC.  I've never found it fun when the enemy uses it.  Most other abilities are at least interesting to deal with.

@Sharksuits
I have a vested interest in knowing exactly how many sharksuits are being purchased, because I'd like to get paid for them.  Do mission equipment sharksuits even count as purchased?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28390 on: February 08, 2016, 03:04:48 pm »

The sectoids I find do tend to loiter at the back and strongly favor Psi moves (especially the zombie one; that seems to be their priority move) over actually shooting me, to the point that I will in desperate situations leave soldiers flanked to sectoids, gambling that they won't take the shot.  My first terror mission I figured there was a new enemy out there blasting the civvies before I realized it was the sectoids doing it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28391 on: February 08, 2016, 03:08:08 pm »

Nope, mission equipment doesn't count as 'purchased'. Team fund stuff does though. Except when it's goop or blasters and such.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28392 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

Three new xcom videos are up by the way.

Hey, with silent videos would you guys like if I added music or something? The lack of commentary lets me get away with making them a lot more, but I know commentary is kind of the point a lot of the time.

Maybe I can find a way to put text on screen...Hmm.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28393 on: February 08, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »

would prefer text and no music.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28394 on: February 08, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 [1893] 1894 1895 ... 2205