Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487723 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28185 on: February 05, 2016, 02:09:45 pm »

Do you think any of those other universes have Lurkers? Can we make the lurkers fight and sell tickets to the hostages civvies?
As Heph is not currently a rapidly rotating pincushion drenched in a mixture of dark matter and kraken ink, we certainly haven't found any. I suppose we could. We might even open up a portal to our own lurker, if that would change anything.
One wheel short of a wagon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #28186 on: February 05, 2016, 02:10:26 pm »

Do you think any of those other universes have Lurkers? Can we make the lurkers fight and sell tickets to the hostages civvies?
As Heph is not currently a rapidly rotating pincushion drenched in a mixture of dark matter and kraken ink, we certainly haven't found any. I suppose we could. We might even open up a portal to our own lurker, if that would change anything.
WOO ELDRITCH ABOMINATION FIGHT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28187 on: February 05, 2016, 02:18:25 pm »

Have you decided if it's a boy or a girl cat yet? Because that may effect possible colours.
I have not, and didn't know that.

Slight snag discovered: I thought my +1 initial Aux was added on top of my skills, but it's not, so putting +5 Aux doesn't actually raise me to +2. So I guess I need to either get a Heavy Robot Body or see if Enhanced Capacity Gene Mods works with just a brain.

Becoming a robot overlord is hard.

There is no problem caused by unstable people summoning gods that cannot be solved by unstable people summoning gods?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28188 on: February 05, 2016, 02:20:22 pm »

There is no problem caused by unstable people summoning gods that cannot be solved by unstable people summoning gods?
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Heph people might actually be doing this?
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28189 on: February 05, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »

Have you decided if it's a boy or a girl cat yet? Because that may effect possible colours.
I have not, and didn't know that.

Slight snag discovered: I thought my +1 initial Aux was added on top of my skills, but it's not, so putting +5 Aux doesn't actually raise me to +2. So I guess I need to either get a Heavy Robot Body or see if Enhanced Capacity Gene Mods works with just a brain.

There is also Add-on variant for robotic overlords. You can safely buy one.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28190 on: February 05, 2016, 02:51:44 pm »

Hey, think that I could mount my multirole weapon on my char's shoulder so that it functions similarly to the alot mounted turrent, at least unti
l I get a new set of arms?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28191 on: February 05, 2016, 02:53:38 pm »

Hey, think that I could mount my multirole weapon on my char's shoulder so that it functions similarly to the alot mounted turrent, at least unti
Hardpoints, auxpoints, whatever they are called. Auron made some some time ago.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28192 on: February 05, 2016, 02:55:50 pm »

Hardpoints, auxpoints, whatever they are called. Auron made some some time ago.
Well I asked if they could be mounted along the arm so I could hook the exoskeleton so that the arm parts are on the wings and have the multirole either on the shoulders or one the arm. I have a feeling that having it shoulder mounted would be better.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28193 on: February 05, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »

Well, that went ... productively.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #28194 on: February 05, 2016, 03:21:43 pm »

Well, that went ... productively.
Oh?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28195 on: February 05, 2016, 03:22:40 pm »

Don't worry about it, it's all going good.

I got both less and more than I expected from that meeting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28196 on: February 05, 2016, 04:11:04 pm »

I just... I no longer have any idea what to do on M26.  Should I just shock everyone unconcious again, and hope for the best?  Return all probes to their home universe, and hope that stops this?  Nuke it from orbit?  Say "Fuck This" and just leave?  All of the above?

And, afterward, how can we possibly improve safety protocols?  "Nobody sapient can observe test rooms.  We use an echolocation device to assess the topology of each probe when it comes in, and have an automated computer system check if it has any major deviations from standard probe shape.  It is immediately returned to a null universe after the sound scan is done, and then returned to home if the scan shows serious anomalies/the computer starts melting or screaming.  If no anomalies are shown, a mad hatter'd version of the feed is shown to a sod on a warship 80 AU away from anything, and if it fails to die, the feed is shown un-mad hatter'd.  Then shown to a human if things continue to not explode.  Then, maybe, if the human reports anything positive, we might bring the probe back."

At which point we learn that it only becomes anomalous after ten seconds in our universe.  *sigh*

@Irony

Braincased people can have enhanced capacity mods.  Saint has one for aux, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28197 on: February 05, 2016, 04:15:26 pm »

For one, get any players that somehow survive this off-planet  :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28198 on: February 05, 2016, 04:23:06 pm »

@Irony: You could just stay an unstable humanoid spacemagic monster! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28199 on: February 05, 2016, 04:23:46 pm »

Haaaa ha ha.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 2205