Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1862 1863 [1864] 1865 1866 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492057 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27945 on: February 01, 2016, 01:51:51 am »

Isn't that something that always comes up when resets are mentiontioned and the answer is that remembering it is basicly a required secondary power?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27946 on: February 01, 2016, 01:52:48 am »

It's space magic, i doesn't need to make sense.

in fact, not making sense is a mandatory requirement.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27947 on: February 01, 2016, 07:12:55 am »

I'm torn. Should Maurice realistically know about the White Mask and Pancaek's new predicament? I mean, yes, he is "in the business of knowing things", and that is how he got to the post-trial stuff in the first place, but - isn't that item extremely new, etc. etc.?

For some reason, my suspension of disbelief has just decided to stumble at this point. Any input?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27948 on: February 01, 2016, 07:33:34 am »

Well, the white mask is a item that anyone that bought something would know since they saw the Armory list.

But Pancaek's one is covered in Mythril... so, IC, those that see him, see just a robot with an Mythril mask and a Id manifester hanging... I don't think there is a way to know IC by just looking.

It's like Milno's symbiosis. Only those that saw that in action or were told about it should know IC, IMO.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27949 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:51 am »

Yeah, I guess. Anyway, since looking up the [wiki] dossiers came up in the action anyway, I'm assuming Maurice saw that detail there even if he didn't know before then.

Thanks for the advice, anyway!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27950 on: February 01, 2016, 08:01:33 am »

Bah, as if Pan needs geenenhancing. Fool, this isn't even his final form!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27951 on: February 01, 2016, 08:44:03 am »

Quote from: Commissar Pancaek, Apocrypha
I know what you're thinking, but Noblis-3 and Haebi Observation Vessel were merely setbacks!
;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:45:41 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27952 on: February 01, 2016, 09:52:26 am »

I've always run under the impression that Lars knows everyone and has a general idea of all the events prior to the timeskip, as he's the kind of person who would introduce himself to everyone over that long a break.  Breaking, up-to-date information is more based on who is involved.  That's why I assumed he knew of Wunderkind, since he'd probably have talked to Maurice about it at some point.

remember that the 5 second reset also causes stat damage if you abuse it too much.

Sure, but I plan to use it sparingly; I hope not to even touch the second battery.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27953 on: February 01, 2016, 11:37:38 am »

So melodramatic. I hope you realize that you won't be needing your throat to serve.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27954 on: February 01, 2016, 11:45:20 am »

I see two problems with that action.
A) Hasn't he given that artifact to NJW?
B) Isn't that artifact a Bloodless amputation knife? Meaning that slitting your throat with it will achieve nothing more than perhaps unnerving people around you a bit? Unless you go for a complete decapitation, it's not that dangerous.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27955 on: February 01, 2016, 11:46:42 am »

Different knife.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27956 on: February 01, 2016, 11:50:30 am »

Different knife.
Ah, yes, you are correct.
Although that would have been really funny.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27957 on: February 01, 2016, 12:07:33 pm »

Probably would be funnier if you just let the man slit his own throat, shrug and never speak of this again.

But then, I can also imagine Renen cheese-wiring Maurice into seven pieces with a rope while taunting him in a sped-up chipmunk voice, so maybe that's even better.

EDIT: also, good on Saint for his promotion! Go Team Paperwork! Striking a blow against military democracy! Though that does raise the good question of what he doesn't yet have on his quest to become The Other Other Steve.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 12:23:02 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27958 on: February 01, 2016, 12:17:39 pm »

I checked on the wiki, and Maurice got a buff from the AM's anti-mindfuck training (+1 to mind vs mindfuck effects) that isn't listed on Lyra's charsheet. They went through that together, is there a reason for the mismatch that I'm not aware of?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27959 on: February 01, 2016, 12:20:35 pm »

None that I know; I recalled discussing it with Piecewise at some point, as the transition went, but I'm not sure. Feel free to directly copy it to your own charsheet, I guess.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1862 1863 [1864] 1865 1866 ... 2205