Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1860 1861 [1862] 1863 1864 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492385 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27915 on: January 31, 2016, 01:01:42 pm »

Well, I guess the green storm is Ulrich's way out of ARM. He won't accept its existance at all. He probably drops off to Heph and wait for evacuation of the universe.

Thanks a lot, RC. <-- That I can say honestly AND sarcastically at same time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:17:17 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27916 on: January 31, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »

Would Ulrich be interested in Hephaestus stay as a resident?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27917 on: January 31, 2016, 01:16:11 pm »

Would Ulrich be interested in Hephaestus stay as a resident?

At this point Hephaestus is probably going to be a giant immigrant office, so in that sense yes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27918 on: January 31, 2016, 01:18:39 pm »

Nah, I mean - as part of the reformed Hephaestus Staff, doing science/background things
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27919 on: January 31, 2016, 01:23:28 pm »

((Have everyone use their presumably abysmal Charisma to try and settle this with a rap battle!))
I just had a great idea for a mission for Omega Legion. Let's see, we have, like, eight characters with -2 charisma over there, including a golem, a snake, an octopode, a cat, and a zombie. Yes, this will do nicely. Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey: Fantasy E_R Clone Version is a go!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27920 on: January 31, 2016, 01:32:24 pm »

Ah, the franchise otherwise known as "Keanu Reeve's best and only Acting"
One wheel short of a wagon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27921 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »

Ah, the franchise otherwise known as "Keanu Reeve's best and only Acting"
So, the Matrix and John Wick were just people following Keanu around and filming what he did?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27922 on: January 31, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »

He looked at the camera and walked where they told him, but otherwise, yes. No acting involved.
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27923 on: January 31, 2016, 01:43:30 pm »

Nah, I mean - as part of the reformed Hephaestus Staff, doing science/background things
He's not a scientist. But he would probably work on some things. And steal some good stuff.
Old sigs.
Games.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27924 on: January 31, 2016, 01:44:15 pm »

He's not a scientist. But he would probably work on some things. And steal some good stuff.
You don't even need to steal, you can just embezzle everything and run.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27925 on: January 31, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »

He looked at the camera and walked where they told him, but otherwise, yes. No acting involved.
Wow, Keanu Reeves is pretty cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27926 on: January 31, 2016, 01:53:05 pm »

Wow, Keanu Reeves is pretty cool.
Wow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27927 on: January 31, 2016, 02:00:14 pm »

Hey, Toaster, I'm thinking about what equipment I should get for next mission. And since we'll be apparently be on the same team, I'd like your opinion on the matter, if you could. Others are free to comment, of course. I'd IC this but I don't have the time.

So here's what I'm thinking: I lack something very powerful and something with kinetic damage. Now, my plan was to get a heavy gauss cannon to rectify that problem. Then I'd have 2 kinetic rounds for something big and ugly, one nuclear I could use in an emergency or long-range AoE and a grav-shell I could also use for more short range emergencies, really powerful targets and cleaning up rooms with otherwise indestructible aliens. And some spare tokens for something else, maybe some extra armor or grav-shells. The arranger was considered as an alternative, but unless those 8 token rounds are more powerful then nukes or GC grav-shells, then it's probably not worth it.

However, since we'll be together and yours is much bigger than mine, I think there's no point trying to fill the same role. If we want something big taken out, you can probably take care of it from kilometers away with your super-LESHO. I could even give you my grav-shell and you could have it converted for your big gun. Or just sell it to buy a bigger one, I don't know how it works.

I think I would be much better suited for mobile destruction and distraction. Get a Magic Eater and a BS-sized light shield to help me stay alive and a BS-sized containment gun so that I can juggle enemies (as an FPS player, I can attest that messing with your enemy's movement or forcing them to jump on/follow a predictable trajectory is one of the best moves you can make). Then I can just use my mobility and survivability to distract people. Start a lightning storm in one place, then move to another and throw a battlesuit in the air, fly a teammate to another location, etc. Generally be mobile, keep them on their toes and stay alive. Only problem is I need to figure out how much my of my space magic I can use at the same time before they start interfering with each other. Because of that, I briefly considered getting the shiny bauble for use as a flashbang (instead of a magic eater), but then I realized that if you can shoot through walls, you probably don't need flashbangs.

So, what do you say? Are you fine with focusing more on heavy fire? With each of us focusing on something else? Or do you think it's better for both of us to be diverse? Any suggestions/comments?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:08:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27928 on: January 31, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »

Wait, you guys on the deep infirmary can act outside? I want to sign in on a noob squad with less doctors, then. As for shopping, that'll have to wait until we know the mission's pay.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27929 on: January 31, 2016, 05:13:51 pm »

SO I essentially checked out of life for almost 2 weeks, and before I read up on everything, did anything major happen that I should be reacting to post-haste? Is it too late to join one of those new missions PW was cooking up?
Pages: 1 ... 1860 1861 [1862] 1863 1864 ... 2205