Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2429379 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2700 on: April 13, 2014, 08:40:59 pm »

...Okay, that is a Country/Western (? Listen to at some point) song.

Yep, Western.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 13, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 13, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »

The steel bars thing was metal batons, and the sods stuck them in the joints of Gilgamesh. Incidentally, steel has good compression resistance, and this jammed the joints.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 13, 2014, 09:38:43 pm »

Oh, I remember that.  I was confused by him mentioning an AoW.

And as I remember, the sods didn't bend the batons themselves- they just shoved them into the joints, which were moving, and the joints kinda ate the up and bent them.

Also, why are you even reading these spoilers?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 13, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »

Also, why are you even reading these spoilers?

We're masochists.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 13, 2014, 09:48:00 pm »

Country/western rap?

My uncle once called Johnny Cash a rapper, because he more spoke than sang his lyrics.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 13, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »

Spoiler: Syv (click to show/hide)

Oh, I remember that.  I was confused by him mentioning an AoW.
In my defense, I remembered it being Miya.

And as I remember, the sods didn't bend the batons themselves- they just shoved them into the joints, which were moving, and the joints kinda ate the up and bent them.
I remember differently.

Country/western rap?

My uncle once called Johnny Cash a rapper, because he more spoke than sang his lyrics.
...That's as good a definition as any.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 13, 2014, 10:07:13 pm »

Fort Minor's from Cali, can't get more Western than that.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 13, 2014, 10:14:24 pm »

...I think we need an argument and philosophy thread.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 13, 2014, 10:59:58 pm »

Spoiler: GWG. *Stares* (click to show/hide)

@Toaster
Y'know, I've never really thought of Johnny Cash as a rapper.  Despite the fact I can semi-reliably recite the first half of "I've been Everywhere" without the lyrics in front of me.

It's a surprisingly apt description, now that I think of it.  Hilarious in hindsight, considering I dislike most rap.  Although that's more due to the whole 'gangsta' subculture.

@Empi
Nah, just a GWG argument thread, as was suggested before.  Sticky it in General Discussion, and just have GWG keep a link in his sig (visible, not the monster in the sig thread)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 13, 2014, 11:09:09 pm »

Gangsta' subculture? That died out years ago. Now rap is rich people or kids on skateboards.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 14, 2014, 01:22:43 am »

you just got cockblocked by dice.

*runs off to out of context thread*
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 14, 2014, 03:10:15 am »

First, please don't take anything I tell GWG in those spoilers at face value.

Second, does a rifle not "require training, knowledge and insight to get the most out of [it]"?  I'm not saying that sods are a particularly effective tool without training (although they're better than a rifle without training), but I could easily see a commader delegating a sod squad to an unqualified person so that they could do something more important than set up sods at choke points.

I never said that, did I? I was just responding to you saying 'trust is the only thing needed'. Though I know now you didn't mean it like that, maybe just phrased it wrong in the heat of the argument. Personally though, I suspect the commander would just give them their orders and tell them to report back when something happens (like elevator opens or something).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 14, 2014, 07:22:08 am »

Spoiler: Syv, Syv, Syv... (click to show/hide)
Personally though, I suspect the commander would just give them their orders and tell them to report back when something happens (like elevator opens or something).
That works too. It would circumvent pretty much any plan syv could come up with, unless it killed the sods within a second of anything happening.
And if the process of getting out didn't trigger a something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2714 on: April 14, 2014, 11:19:36 am »

GWG: Why do you keep on arguing?
Because he's selfless and knows I enjoy the arguments.  He should be praised for being such a philanthropist.

:)

It's kinda like the Hidden will rolls.

I love you in an entirely platonic way.  What is your annual income?

I think it's tracked in imaginary numbers now.

Man, GWG is quite the prodigious arguer. Not sure if thats impressive or depressing.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 2205