Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1797 1798 [1799] 1800 1801 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486896 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26970 on: January 20, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

I really don't want to, but that -2 constitution really makes it hard to stabilize. And you keep rolling low.

Eh, at least you didn't jam your broken finger through your brain in an attempt to heal yourself or anything.

Edit: oops, that was Egan. Still, it does look bad for Terrance. Running is good. Running is life.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:18:13 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26971 on: January 20, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »

I think having people roll for basic actions that many would consider roll-less is part of the fatality rate. You can only roll well so many times before rolling multiple 1's back to back, and if people are having to roll to walk down a road...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26972 on: January 20, 2016, 07:19:34 pm »

You were rolling for searching for signs of Reggie's passing. And it isn't a road. it's a trail in the woods. At night. ever try that in real life? I have.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26973 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:59 pm »

Yes, with no light sources within 3 miles of me. I stayed still for about 20 mins to let my eyes adjust and then just walked on down the trail.

And Aylia's a cat. with cat eyes.

By the way, it's night now? I thought it was still the late afternoon.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26974 on: January 20, 2016, 07:31:54 pm »

You were rolling for searching for signs of Reggie's passing. And it isn't a road. it's a trail in the woods. At night. ever try that in real life? I have.
Then how did the villagers catch up to reggie if it was that dark? Even though he was yelling a lot reggie was moving preety quick you'd think they'd be too far away to catch up......oh my god if reggie survives this turn i have a plan.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26975 on: January 20, 2016, 07:33:00 pm »

Probably shoulda taken more than 0 Med. Somehow thought I wouldn't get hurt. Guess I could complain about lolrandom trapped purse, but that's XCOM, baby.
Also yeah karma.

EDIT: Oh yeah, was wondering, this didn't seem quite like a situation that could kill me next turn? I hope you won't kill me with my christmas present. :P

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26976 on: January 20, 2016, 07:34:31 pm »

Probably shoulda taken more than 0 Med. Somehow thought I wouldn't get hurt. Guess I could complain about lolrandom trapped purse, but that's XCOM, baby.
Also yeah karma.
Karma does not exist if a bunch of miners are trying to kill a guy who kindly offered to help for no reason.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26977 on: January 20, 2016, 07:40:05 pm »

Also yeah karma.
Karma does not exist if a bunch of miners are trying to kill a guy who kindly offered to help for no reason.
-2 Cha + talks to people + demonstrates monster-like-properties + rolls poorly

I think you set yourself up for failure.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26978 on: January 20, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »

Also yeah karma.
-2 Cha + talks to people + demonstrates monster-like-properties + rolls poorly

I think you set yourself up for failure.
Still you think they would have done something smarter then oh my gawd kill it!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26979 on: January 20, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »

If you saw a random person wander into your place of work at lunchtime, sit down with everyone, happily open up a lunchbox and begin feasting on a meal of live puppies, what would you do?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26980 on: January 20, 2016, 07:56:56 pm »

If you saw a random person wander into your place of work at lunchtime, sit down with everyone, happily open up a lunchbox and begin feasting on a meal of live puppies, what would you do?
Well I'd join him puppy is apparently a delicacy!
But in all seriousness I dont believe Reggie did something as bad as that and his actions were very passive.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26981 on: January 20, 2016, 08:00:36 pm »

-2 cha, demonstrates monster-like properties (Changelings often get a REALLY bad rap in various mythologies, usually picking a random victim, killing them, impersonating them, and exploiting their resources and/or position until it is no longer convenient, at which point they pick a new victim and repeat the process), rolls a 1, is in the middle of a group of armed and fit adult humans.
sorry, that's super-easy to understand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26982 on: January 20, 2016, 08:05:48 pm »

Egan, it was the back to back 1s that put you at risk. especially the second, with that -2 constitution. The egg actually helped there, converting some physical damage into another form. You can pull out of it, but there is still risk. Sorry about the trap, it was the result of an overshoot. Hey, a silver coin is a silver coin, amiright? it's quite a fortune for the sap you stole it from.

Lenglon - yes, cat vision helps. However, a cat's eyes are about nine inches from the ground as well. And yes, it's been night for a couple turns now. Night had been falling a while back, it's in the turns.
But You're not hopelessly lost. You have forest skills and are making the right action. You should be back on the trail next round.

ATH, people can be cruel and stupid. I like Reggie though. I'd hate to see him die.

Think about each others' situations and let me know if you feel I gave someone an unfair situation. I'm willing to wiggle a bit.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26983 on: January 20, 2016, 08:10:33 pm »

-2 cha, demonstrates monster-like properties (Changelings often get a REALLY bad rap in various mythologies, usually picking a random victim, killing them, impersonating them, and exploiting their resources and/or position until it is no longer convenient, at which point they pick a new victim and repeat the process), rolls a 1, is in the middle of a group of armed and fit adult humans.
sorry, that's super-easy to understand.
With that changeling information it makes quite a bit more sense yeah though reggie changing looks different it's more flashy at least i imagine based on the materials i got the inspiration for him from.
Egan, it was the back to back 1s that put you at risk. especially the second, with that -2 constitution. The egg actually helped there, converting some physical damage into another form. You can pull out of it, but there is still risk. Sorry about the trap, it was the result of an overshoot. Hey, a silver coin is a silver coin, amiright? it's quite a fortune for the sap you stole it from.

Lenglon - yes, cat vision helps. However, a cat's eyes are about nine inches from the ground as well. And yes, it's been night for a couple turns now. Night had been falling a while back, it's in the turns.
But You're not hopelessly lost. You have forest skills and are making the right action. You should be back on the trail next round.

ATH, people can be cruel and stupid. I like Reggie though. I'd hate to see him die.

Think about each others' situations and let me know if you feel I gave someone an unfair situation. I'm willing to wiggle a bit.
Yeah Reggie is one of my most well liked charcters I've made because well he's just a really nice guy who got tricked into this becuase he wants to help people and yes people are cruel and stupid and how does regeneration work for example if i rolled a 1 on con but succeeded with my regenetation would i be fine?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26984 on: January 20, 2016, 08:14:14 pm »

I think the people hunting Reggie were too relentless in their pursuit of him instead of returning to town to warn their families of the changeling in the area. Considering how crazy-hard it seems to be for me to follow Reggie's trail, I'd expect the people chasing him to have the same or worse difficulties considering the lighting. Are they seriously going to go chasing a changing off into the woods in the middle of the night? All those same horror stories that would make them prejudiced against Reggie should be warning that doing exactly that is the single fastest way to die to the thing, and that the longer they tarry getting themselves lost in the woods the more likely it is that the changeling will devour one of the wives or children and impersonate them before they can get to town and warn them.

I think the local snake is having to make way too many med rolls back to back, but they were warned on the front end and chose to just accept the risk so...
Fair, but harsh.

And Octodad inspired an angry mob amazingly quickly, not sure if there's reasons for that or not.

oh, and the passage of time around here is super-fast.
Pages: 1 ... 1797 1798 [1799] 1800 1801 ... 2205