Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485998 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26910 on: January 20, 2016, 03:15:54 am »

So if I understand you correctly, Lyra gets to die twice in a single day and it's your fault.
Technically only once if we assume you never got unfrozen the first time.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26911 on: January 20, 2016, 03:19:40 am »

So, I got Hammerfight because Piecewise made it look so cool on youtube, and I must say, he makes it look way easier than it actually is, especially with the boulder on a chain you're given at the start of the game, because, turns out, lugging a massive weight on the end of a chain doesn't do great for your balance, and secondly, don't over/underestimate your reach, otherwise, you're gonna whiff the shot and have the built up momentum throw you into the enemy's weapon, thirdly, the pincer worms are bullshit.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26912 on: January 20, 2016, 03:19:57 am »

My mental image of it is that they just continued the trial like nothing happened even as they were getting blown out and fished out.
Mine was everyone but miya getting thrown out and him treating it as a personal insult and an attack on his authority.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:21:48 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26913 on: January 20, 2016, 03:21:33 am »

So, I got Hammerfight because Piecewise made it look so cool on youtube, and I must say, he makes it look way easier than it actually is, especially with the boulder on a chain you're given at the start of the game, because, turns out, lugging a massive weight on the end of a chain doesn't do great for your balance, and secondly, don't over/underestimate your reach, otherwise, you're gonna whiff the shot and have the built up momentum throw you into the enemy's weapon, thirdly, the pincer worms are bullshit.
It really helped me to turn up the mouse sensitivity.  Made the game a lot easier.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26914 on: January 20, 2016, 06:46:37 am »

...My character is basically melting and I am beginning to think she's safer than she would be on-ship.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26915 on: January 20, 2016, 07:00:28 am »

Considering current rate of accidents it might be good idea to be on mission.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26916 on: January 20, 2016, 07:44:07 am »

Lyra should really get a translator or something.
Alan help.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26917 on: January 20, 2016, 07:51:43 am »

@RC And, in response, I must OOCly ask forgiveness and understanding for all the IC friction that may happen during this long-waited trial. :)
Don't worry about it. Just know I, as a player, have nothing against you or Maurice at all, even if the IC questioning gets hard or very inquisitive, or if the end result is negative.

Question: Is it a tactically sound idea to have such a significant concentration of brass in one room for the marsupial judiciary?
I mean if someone pulled a Leo (but with foresight and a dead-man's-switch) that's a pretty big risk.
Especially when the wallaby tribunal is about accusing a whole group of heavily-armed men who recently vanished into the throbbing asshole of the universe of high treason after allowing them to requisition high-explosive at the kiosk.
just something to think about.

Heh, true. We're cutting some corners for the sake of expediency, really. Let's hope things can proceed smoothly from now on.

He's being put on trial by two guys who just lost things that were very important to them (Milno the AM and Miyamoto his plans)
Well, Miya isn't sad about the plans themselves failing as much as the reason for them failing (aka humanity's survival chances dipping even lower than they already were).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26918 on: January 20, 2016, 07:53:51 am »

Pretty much anyone they put as a judge would be biased due to the whole "you basically killed the universe" thing. Probably even Steve.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26919 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:00 am »

Except maybe the Doctor. He's a fun, chill guy, and as a bonus his trials are very, very quick.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26920 on: January 20, 2016, 08:10:47 am »

Pretty much anyone they put as a judge would be biased due to the whole "you basically killed the universe" thing. Probably even Steve.
Trials dont work without codes of law.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26921 on: January 20, 2016, 08:40:17 am »

((Well, this got out of hand pretty fast. What's the OOC problem this time?))

lyra is annoyed at miya taking anti-her precautions because she posted her "spy" action publically
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26922 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:26 am »

lyra is annoyed at miya taking anti-her precautions because she posted her "spy" action publically
But he's trying to keep everyone not directly involved out, not just her, right? So what's the problem?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26923 on: January 20, 2016, 09:03:50 am »

Because it was a bit of metagaming. Miya's justifies it with his all-seeing cameyes, or so he claims.

And I reckon someone with an interest in Maurice's survival should be in there anyway. I tried to get in for monetary reasons, but maybe Maurice should get to select a friend as a lawyer.
One wheel short of a wagon

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26924 on: January 20, 2016, 09:52:19 am »

I don't think the people there want to execute Maurice, they want to know the truth, which they are perfectly justified in wanting, Miya does have cameyes, which can see infrared, I mean, hey, it's weird that he doesn't want anyone who's not needed in there, but perhaps that's because he just wants to get to the root of the matter?
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 2205