Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485131 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26505 on: January 14, 2016, 08:19:46 pm »

I dunno, for me the only real problem with piecewise's games is that he lets too many schmucks in and the updates grind to a near halt.

being forced to wait two weeks to complete an action in a game that updates daily because you werent quite clear enough is a right kick in the pants.
Its a slight exaggeration, but you see my point.
I think i count as one of those smucks so uh if you want i can back out for you.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26506 on: January 14, 2016, 08:23:54 pm »

I for one have only played ER, but I have read through Infinite Heavens and Fuck You Dad. The thing that I have liked the most about all of them is the dark humor and the fact that none of them are overly dramatic.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26507 on: January 14, 2016, 08:28:16 pm »

Dev, you are in a world that isn't of your own devising.  At least, I'm pretty sure I'm not a hallucination of yours.

Well, yes.  But I want something similar from the games I play.  A fixed set of rules, not ones where bad stuff happens only at your permission, and you can always negotiate beneficial events.  Open world games don't have to equate to everything you do ends in success.  A 36% permadeath rate over four years isn't much.  If there was a fixed field of ten players, there would have been 16 characters so far.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26508 on: January 14, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »

I dunno, for me the only real problem with piecewise's games is that he lets too many schmucks in and the updates grind to a near halt.

being forced to wait two weeks to complete an action in a game that updates daily because you werent quite clear enough is a right kick in the pants.
Its a slight exaggeration, but you see my point.
I think i count as one of those smucks so uh if you want i can back out for you.
mere drop in the bucket im afraid.

mightvas well keep playing.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26509 on: January 14, 2016, 09:54:42 pm »

I'd like everyone to be able to get a new batch of missions,

but by god we in M26 will find an idyllic universe even if it kills this one harder.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26510 on: January 14, 2016, 10:11:02 pm »

My enduring monument to shame and ineptitude (AKA my fourth character) will be in this spot shortly.  It's always nice to break records for incompetence.

Sheet.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

Your character is going to have a fun time when the current universe actually ends xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #26511 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34:51 pm »

Yeah, there might be just a bit of guilt there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26512 on: January 14, 2016, 10:40:07 pm »

Don't worry, everyone who matters will just dodge the apocalypse.
Who needs guilt when you can solve the problem with technology?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26513 on: January 14, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »

We haven't ruled out that that hissing noise is going to effin murder the hell out of all of us, so don't count our universes before they hatch (or, you know, jinx us)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26514 on: January 14, 2016, 11:29:57 pm »

Unrelated but I'm curious: Those of you have played my various games, what is it about them you liked and what did you dislike?

For future reference.
Positives:
Horrible death.
Eldritch/Arcane/Alien fuckery.
Humor.
Skill in conveying how fucked we are.

Negatives:
Balancing is often iffy.
Causes of horrible death may be a bit inconsistent, people have come out of worse things than opening a suspicious door with significantly less horrible death.
Often biting off more than can be chewed.
A bit too willing to ditch the entire planned end game after someone's ex-girlfriend comes knocking on the universe's door.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:14:55 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26515 on: January 15, 2016, 12:06:59 am »

Major points:
Excellent GMing. (This includes the number and consistency of updates, the dedication, the creativity, the quality of writing...)

Loveable sense of humor.

Great attention to details. (For the record: As "bad" as it sounds, this is what ultimately created Tinker and made it what we have learned to enjoy, loathe and fear. This is the first game on my memory that has been self-consistent and in-depth enough to allow such complex interaction with in-world engineering, and on such a serious level to boot. Please, bear this burden with pride, as it is the clearest sign of your greatness.)

Minor gripes:
Occasional level of vagueness (necessity to go out of your way and confirm things are the same across the board with you and the GM); tendency of not replying to certain posts/messages under certain conditions (that appear "out-of-place", or "past the expiration date", or unimportant, or - hell, I still don't know your reasoning; see the above about vagueness and having to ask twice to confirm things).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26516 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:25 am »

Unrelated but I'm curious: Those of you have played my various games, what is it about them you liked and what did you dislike?

For future reference.

Like others have said, this is still a fantastic game and you're a saint for keeping up with it (and with our bullshit). And actually being willing to throw the entire planned plot away is a rare feat. But you did ask for feedback (and repeating all the same positives the others mentioned isn't all that helpful I think), so...

Sometimes you can be a bit lazy/vague in a way that it just leads to more questions and clarifications and time wasted. Like you just shove the work in front of you till it'll take twice the effort to actually solve. And like you said yourself, sometimes there's a lack of planning or really thinking things through, and so we end up with things that sounded nice in concept but where it's apparent 2 seconds in it'll never work out. So, a bit more rigor and planning might help I guess? It was also a bit sad when you let The End is Near die because of 2 non responsive players instead of just soldiering through, though that's a minor gripe at worst.

Others have brought up the game balancing, but you've acknowledged it and made the council to help there, so that's not as big a problem (though also there sometimes the laziness kinda shoots us and you in the foot (like during the new item review where most of the suggestions and questions went ignored after you specifically asked us for it)).
It seems that taking a stand and just saying 'no' sometimes might already help a lot in tinker and other situations.

But all that said, it's still a very fun game and I'm glad I get to play it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:56:45 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26517 on: January 15, 2016, 08:05:09 am »

How many PW games have I missed? Geez.

I'd like everyone to be able to get a new batch of missions,

but by god we in M26 will find an idyllic universe even if it kills this one harder.
Especially if it breaks this one harder.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26518 on: January 15, 2016, 09:28:37 am »

We all need to piss about with this, its really purty.

I did ER.

http://www.random-art.org/
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26519 on: January 15, 2016, 10:39:04 am »

Hoo boy. Looks like there might be a really fitting one coming up in a sec.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 ... 2205