Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484888 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26460 on: January 14, 2016, 04:11:24 am »

That's why I asked if we could just 'timeskip' till the next event, and that pw would just tell us how many travel turns we got in that time so I could update accordingly. Problem is, for us (and limbo peeps I guess) it doesn't really make sense to actually engage with any plot hooks we encounter (unless they are forced on us, like that kidney bean thing) because our primary objective was to get them out of there.

My idea at the moment was to try and find those people, take them in our ship and then let my crew go into another ship if they wanted, and then Miya would just ferry them back while the others (only 1 other ship for the moment now that a team got teleported) have the chance to actually explore and do things. I don't mind myself, since I can do some light tinker things and still got to actually fly the ship, but I can imagine that for the others it's rather boring.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26461 on: January 14, 2016, 04:30:09 am »

I think piloting and navigation mentality of both the rescue mission and Limbo can be summed as "run away until you can't".
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26462 on: January 14, 2016, 08:46:02 am »

I think piloting and navigation mentality of both the rescue mission and Limbo can be summed as "run away until you can't".
"But preferably in teh general direction of our target, if we can."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26463 on: January 14, 2016, 12:23:23 pm »

That's why I asked if we could just 'timeskip' till the next event, and that pw would just tell us how many travel turns we got in that time so I could update accordingly. Problem is, for us (and limbo peeps I guess) it doesn't really make sense to actually engage with any plot hooks we encounter (unless they are forced on us, like that kidney bean thing) because our primary objective was to get them out of there.

The trouble is, it's not that it doesn't make much sense to engage with plot hooks, it's more that you can't exactly tell at a glance which of those anomalies we find are safe to land on and which just want to grind your skin and gnash your bones. In fact, we were expressly told that nothing in there is in any way, shape or form safe.

It's also a bit abstract. We could land on the kidney bean, I assume, but what would we do there, other than take surface samples (and even that is a questionable proposition) and take off?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26464 on: January 14, 2016, 01:14:45 pm »

My idea at the moment was to try and find those people, take them in our ship and then let my crew go into another ship if they wanted, and then Miya would just ferry them back while the others (only 1 other ship for the moment now that a team got teleported) have the chance to actually explore and do things. I don't mind myself, since I can do some light tinker things and still got to actually fly the ship, but I can imagine that for the others it's rather boring.
The problem is that I feel like every event will either be "Run away" or "Ignore it", if that makes sense. I don't feel like anyone is gonna feel safe or confident enough to investigate anything. And without investigating anything, there's really not much to do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26465 on: January 14, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »

I vote for some skipahead, because I would like to get back on on ship and pay back Milno's loan sometime this year.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26466 on: January 14, 2016, 01:23:37 pm »

They couldn't, say, rescue anyone else from the anomaly?
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26467 on: January 14, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »

The problem is that I feel like every event will either be "Run away" or "Ignore it", if that makes sense. I don't feel like anyone is gonna feel safe or confident enough to investigate anything. And without investigating anything, there's really not much to do.

I, for one, would be willing to investigate things if it weren't for the fact that finding those missing people was our primary objective. And looking at our travel speeds and the area to cover, we can't exactly take a quick brake/break to do some digging cause then we start from zero velocity again.

But if we were to find our peeps, we can put them into a ship and get them back (those who want to can stay with the other ship of course), while everyone who wants to can go check out that planet with the weird radio waves or something else. So, perhaps if we tell you how were were planning to try and find them, we can timeskip ahead till then, and take it from there?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26468 on: January 14, 2016, 02:53:21 pm »

True. I (and maybe most of the people currently in Limbo, but I can't speak for them) really just want to get back on the sword. I don't think you can throw anything at me right now which will make me want to stop running and investigate, since right now there is no greater reward for me than to get to relative safety. So, I'm all for timeskips and whatnot, but you all probably already knew that.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26469 on: January 14, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »

True. I (and maybe most of the people currently in Limbo, but I can't speak for them) really just want to get back on the sword. I don't think you can throw anything at me right now which will make me want to stop running and investigate, since right now there is no greater reward for me than to get to relative safety. So, I'm all for timeskips and whatnot, but you all probably already knew that.

You can timeskip right into Micropsia's loving embrace.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26470 on: January 14, 2016, 02:56:30 pm »

I vote to skip ahead, if just a tiny bit
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26471 on: January 14, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »

My enduring monument to shame and ineptitude (AKA my fourth character) will be in this spot shortly.  It's always nice to break records for incompetence.
It's okay Nunz, I've perma-died four times too, I'm pretty sure. I've just managed to keep the same character the whole way through via my unholy luck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #26472 on: January 14, 2016, 03:26:31 pm »

I'll try to learn from my mistakes.  Perhaps this one will at least make it to a mission.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26473 on: January 14, 2016, 03:27:34 pm »

Renen currently has six blades in his inventory. Dio impression when?

Maybe he should've asked for some true mono knives.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26474 on: January 14, 2016, 03:37:11 pm »

You can timeskip right into Micropsia's loving embrace.

Huh. ...I think I'm the only one in Limbo currently enjoying the length of journey back to the Sword. It, ah, gives the time to think about things, to enjoy the stasis dreams... To postpone the trial... :P
Yep. I'm for a timeskip as well, if it doesn't dock our pay/level-up for M21L. ...Though I wonder, does going on to M25 and helping with exploration count for another level-up/mission pay?.. That would be something else entirely.

Hey, RC, if M25 found us and took aboard, would you let Maurice participate in your mission? I really really need all the level-ups (and tokens) I can gather before we get to the Sword.  And then each chance of Maurice dying before reaching the Sword is a chance to convict him posthumously, with no opposition.  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 ... 2205