Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486633 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26085 on: December 30, 2015, 04:54:45 pm »

@Radio
I'm pretty sure the UO is at the machine's location.  If not, it'll be rendered pretty obvious when our transfers end up further off target than should be possible.  Dunno if it can be moved, I'll have to ask the Doc.

I highly doubt we can use tags as mission equipment--discounting the fact that they're the size of a refridgerator, probably hideously expensive, and probably fragile, having a "Nope.  Back to the Sword." button is just not something PW would let people have... I think.  I do want to mount the tags on our warships, though, since being able to bring them back instantly would be a great advantage, doubly so because the UWM wouldn't be able to reverse engineer our tech from wrecks.  If the UWM still exists, at least.

I highly doubt QECs are functional after being put through a transfer, considering just being near a transferring object causes QEC disruptions, somehow.  If they don't function, then we can't really use transfers as an alternative to jumps, because the machine couldn't know whether or not the transferred ship is close enough to its destination.  Still, I'm checking QECs anyway, 'cause that would be an extremely powerful advantage against our nonexistent foes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26086 on: December 30, 2015, 06:14:34 pm »

Probably can't use tags to transport whole warships, because the machine is limited in how big things it can send can be. Unless you built a really big machine.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26087 on: December 30, 2015, 06:25:53 pm »

Of course we're gonna build a really big machine.  You think I'd leave our fleet of warships behind?  We put a lot of work into building those!

What'll be difficult is building a machine around Hephaestus.  I hope we can do that before the Lurker gets too big to escape from.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26088 on: December 30, 2015, 06:31:21 pm »

The whole planet? I'm not sure if it would even survive the transition to most of these universes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26089 on: December 30, 2015, 06:38:05 pm »

Sure it would.  Although, I guess it won't be the same unless we take the sun, too.  That'll be quite the project.  At least once it's done, we can just settle in one of the null universes, and just steal stars and planets from other universes.  Why try and find the perfect universe, then go through all the work of mapping whatever FTL system it has, when we could just build our own?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26090 on: December 30, 2015, 06:41:13 pm »

Heh. Now you're thinking with portals.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26091 on: December 30, 2015, 06:44:34 pm »

Sure it would.  Although, I guess it won't be the same unless we take the sun, too.  That'll be quite the project.  At least once it's done, we can just settle in one of the null universes, and just steal stars and planets from other universes.  Why try and find the perfect universe, then go through all the work of mapping whatever FTL system it has, when we could just build our own?
You're forgetting something with that "migrate to null" plan. Why are null universes null? What made them null? And could it still be there?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26092 on: December 30, 2015, 06:48:15 pm »

There actually is a pattern to the universes, it's just that Timmy has been to most of them.  :D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26093 on: December 30, 2015, 07:04:28 pm »

Here's an artifact pistol from that urban dungeon crawl: "Oroboropolis"

In case you're wondering, you cast magic in this game via cassette tapes and a boombox.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26094 on: December 30, 2015, 07:54:17 pm »

Sounds like John Dies At The End.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26095 on: December 30, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »

google shows no results ... sends me to robotropolis instead

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26097 on: December 30, 2015, 08:40:53 pm »

Well, that was disappointing... I glanced at the On-ship thread for the first time and thought someone had finally gotten around to killing Abigail. Then quickly realised it was just a VR duel. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26098 on: December 30, 2015, 09:07:55 pm »

Well, that was disappointing... I glanced at the On-ship thread for the first time and thought someone had finally gotten around to killing Abigail. Then quickly realised it was just a VR duel. :(
Hey she isent dead in vr either and abigail will survive if it's in charcter so she'll be fine!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26099 on: December 30, 2015, 09:13:45 pm »

Neat, but what does it fire?  .22?  9mm?  .45?  I get that it's scary, but what happens if I shoot somebody with it?
Guns in Oroboropolis don't use bullets as you know them. They use a universal ammo that comes in different tiers. What makes a gun powerful is the ammo it is firing. A 5 strength weapon can use bullets between 1 and 5 in strength. In case you're wondering 1 is like a .22 and 5 is like a 30-06

google shows no results ... sends me to robotropolis instead

It's a portmanteau.  Oroborous + Metropolis.

Because infinite city.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:22:06 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 ... 2205