Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485537 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25635 on: December 18, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »

That's why I'm asking - there is such a thing as game balance, and feegles are one of the two only things that actually terrify nanny Ogg's hell-raising serial rapist psycho-cat Greebo (the other being another witch's kitten)... they're that OP.
Anyway, as you may have noticed from my other characters, I tend to like RP and play with support characters; it's only that this being for a fantasy game including non-standard races made me think about having some fun with a feegle for once.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:32:51 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25636 on: December 18, 2015, 01:18:41 pm »

If I can get in, I think I'd go with a literal munchkin, all decked out in blue (Munchkinland represent) and with a considerable sheet of unforgivable crimes against human and demihuman decency.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25637 on: December 18, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »

I'd like to reserve; no idea what race.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25638 on: December 18, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »

Im struggling to find a good race :(

I really want something humanoid in shape and size, covered in chitin, and capable of spellcasting.

hybrid form aranea and mothmen were close... but not armored enough for my liking.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25639 on: December 18, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »

So, to recap, we've got a construct (or undead) spellcaster, an awakened cat, a feegle which the aforementioned cat is terrified of, something spiderish, a literal munchkin, another spiderish thing, and as the token normal of the group, a dwarf.  NAV, you shold embrace your role and just play a completely normal, average human, who's defining character trait is being utterly generic.  You would have the most unusual character in the group by virtue of not being weird.

@Ozark

If possible, I'd like to play a swordsage-ish class, which uses its claws as the "swords".  I'm fine with whatever though--it's already cool that I can play a cat at all.

@Paris

That's awesome.  I wonder why PW still has that link in his sig.  I'd think one of his forum games would be more appropriate.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25640 on: December 18, 2015, 05:32:32 pm »

Eh need to know more before I join that give me some more info and I'd be happy to make a character.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25641 on: December 18, 2015, 05:38:43 pm »

I want in!

Magic.
Tell me much more.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25642 on: December 18, 2015, 06:36:32 pm »

I think in honor of DF 0.42 I'll be a King Cobra Man/Woman. Natural venom is good.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25643 on: December 18, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »

I better write this down so I don't miss anyone. I'll have more info in the OP. You'll have to learn magic as you go, I think, since there are a variety of forms.

Anyone wanna suggest stats? I have in mind strength, (movement)speed, dexterity, intelligence, memory, will, charisma, constitution and magic ability, with racial modifiers to each. Think that's too many?
As for skills, I am thinking unarmed combat/natural weaponry, blunt, edged, ranged, general knowledge, magic ability, and medical (apocathary i.e generral use of herbs, potions, knowledge of various bodies, etc) special*

*You get three special skill slots for magic schools, weapon specialization, etc. if you take negatives in this stat you lose one skill slot for -1 and the other two at -2. Each +1 gives you one slot.

Stats and skills handled via the ER + and - system.

@ Maegil. I'm not sure. None of the traits alone are necessarily out of the realm of possible, but hmm.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25644 on: December 18, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »

Alright I'm gonna play as a human farmer.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25645 on: December 18, 2015, 06:56:51 pm »

Im struggling to find a good race :(

I really want something humanoid in shape and size, covered in chitin, and capable of spellcasting.

hybrid form aranea and mothmen were close... but not armored enough for my liking.
Spellcasting as in: memorized spells, with a spellbook and everything? or as in the generic ability to use magic at will in some form?

Edit; there is a mob in an online game I play that is a ladybug that cast spells. that's what I thought of when you mentioned armored chitinous spellcaster.

Edit 2: Twinwolf, play a troll medic. it'll be awesome(ly bad)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:05:48 pm by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25646 on: December 18, 2015, 06:58:34 pm »

From  maximum cliché-ness, be a teenage human farmer from a remote village that was attacked by [insert generic orc-like race name here] and is now out in a quest to find the truth, seek justice, avenge his parents and friends and save the world.

@syvarris: I love Zero Punctuation's game reviews. They may be a bit... loud, but they sure are fun. And informative, as long as you keep in mind that the guy's style is finding even the tiniest thing to criticize about a game, but in a fun and over the top way. His Judging by the Cover series brings his fun style to a new medium.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:04:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25647 on: December 18, 2015, 07:05:29 pm »

I kinda want to play as something similar to a vexgit gremlin... but human sized.

or maybe an enchanted iron mask that possesses the weak of mind.

as for magic... probably something similar to a D&D sorcerer, a number of free re-useable spells I can cast at will and then a pool of magic I can use for more complex magic.
or maybe runes and magic circles... depends on which character idea I end up going with.
Spoiler: vexgit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:23:02 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25648 on: December 18, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »

We'd have to talk a bit about the enchanted mask idea, but the gremlin seems okay.

I am a little surprised at the variety of races people want to play. Kinda reminds me of my first forum game. Welp, I'm going for dinner and will post the OP when I return. local time is 7:11. expect the post at 9:30 and get your character build replies reserved (but leave me the first three posts for gm stuff)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25649 on: December 18, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »

Right. You start off with an watering can.

Spoiler: Next thing we know... (click to show/hide)
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 2205