Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484544 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25380 on: December 10, 2015, 12:59:30 am »

Man, we should make Xan ERs mascot at some point, hell, he already represents it pretty damn well.

Insane and (somewhat) immortal?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25381 on: December 10, 2015, 01:23:39 am »

Paving the way for the ER-XCOM charlie-foxtrot. Play ER UFO Defense today! It's more ready now. PW allows me to stay here for now.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25382 on: December 10, 2015, 01:35:45 am »

Man, we should make Xan ERs mascot at some point, hell, he already represents it pretty damn well.

Insane and (somewhat) immortal?
If I had to say, probably the insanity, being too stubborn to stop struggling for his lofty goals in the face of an uncaring and sometimes outright malavolent universe, his hilarious incompetence in some matters while being unnecessarily skilled in others, and his propensity to be more of a danger to his teammates than the actual threat the mission poses despite being a medic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25383 on: December 10, 2015, 02:09:37 am »

And his way of somehow becoming even less human as time goes on, going from insane sociopath human to an slightly less insane sociopath amalgamation of limbs.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25384 on: December 10, 2015, 02:13:58 am »

Don't be fooled, he's just as insane as when he started, he's just better at not showing it.
Sig! Onol

Nunzillor

« Reply #25385 on: December 10, 2015, 02:17:32 am »

I've been wondering, why did he give Eddie a token?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25386 on: December 10, 2015, 02:22:59 am »

The only thing I need to buy right now I don't have the levels/money I need until after this mission, and with my capacity to do medically bankrupt things that hurt very badly with my many arms, I'm relatively safe in loaning my tokens out temporarily provided I get them back right when I need them. It effectively purchases goodwill amongst the union members as well, which could benefit me if I have need of a large number of bodies in the future.

Alive bodies, you understand.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25387 on: December 10, 2015, 09:25:41 am »

AKA mobile limb and organ storage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25388 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:42 am »

-snip-
This is to prevent Syvaris syndrome.
:(
But... What if some of us enjoyed the elaborateness and level of sophistication coming with "Syvarris sydrome"? Is it really that troublesome on your end?..  ::)
Syvarris syndrome wasn't about being over elaborate or too sophisticated.

It was about doing 15 things in one turn with no character interaction. I don't mind us getting into in depth stuff, what killed me was that fact that no one seemed to do it as anything more than straight questions to me. Except for that one time with Sean.

So you can still be granular as hell (Though it's not like armor thickness is the kind of thing that will really come up, I think) you just have to do it in a different way.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25389 on: December 10, 2015, 10:13:50 am »

Hey, and what about that one with me? (You know, the case which RC is probably still grumpy about? :P) There was some honest-to-GM experimentation, and even great potential danger involved (in some parts of the experiment), as we learned afterwards.

(My main concern is that at some point personal presence and endangering yourself for the sake of science don't make sense anymore - e.g. when you are conducting an experiment in space, at astronomical distances, or when you know that the environment is so hostile that hanging around is suicidal/harming, etc. Would you still insist on "being there, doing it yourself in such cases?)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25390 on: December 10, 2015, 10:53:10 am »

Hey, and what about that one with me? (You know, the case which RC is probably still grumpy about? :P) There was some honest-to-GM experimentation, and even great potential danger involved (in some parts of the experiment), as we learned afterwards.

(My main concern is that at some point personal presence and endangering yourself for the sake of science don't make sense anymore - e.g. when you are conducting an experiment in space, at astronomical distances, or when you know that the environment is so hostile that hanging around is suicidal/harming, etc. Would you still insist on "being there, doing it yourself in such cases?)
Well it's not taking place in ER verse or in the future, so the best you're getting is robot arms.

Ever seen andromeda strain?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #25391 on: December 10, 2015, 10:57:02 am »

Eh....

I'm honestly considering retiring my character right here, right now.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25392 on: December 10, 2015, 12:33:42 pm »

I'd so like to reserve a spot in that game. I'm still kicking myself for not signing up for infinite heavens as the first of the waitlist, long ago.

I just like games with staying power, and character interaction.

As usual, though, I know I am going to miss the start by virtue of being asleep when it goes up.

Oh, and IC knowledge get: The Short Version. So, yay!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25393 on: December 10, 2015, 12:44:13 pm »

I'd so like to reserve a spot in that game. I'm still kicking myself for not signing up for infinite heavens as the first of the waitlist, long ago.

As usual, though, I know I am going to miss the start by virtue of being asleep when it goes up.

Oh, and IC knowledge get: The Short Version. So, yay!
Being asleep? I was in Germany when Intoxicated began ::)
One wheel short of a wagon

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25394 on: December 10, 2015, 12:47:55 pm »

You can still waitlist, you know. And some miraculous day far away from now, you'll get in.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 ... 2205