Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1688 1689 [1690] 1691 1692 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484723 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25335 on: December 07, 2015, 01:14:29 pm »

How long until a vigilante GM takes the reins to keep things chugging along? Place bets, anyone?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25336 on: December 07, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »

Someone could try it for Tinker. Don't reckon PW would be in a hurry to stop them anyway.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25337 on: December 07, 2015, 01:59:08 pm »

I hope things smooth out for you and those in your location soon PW.

I suppose M23 would be a 5? It went basically perfectly.

Nope. M23 was 4. You went to gather 50000 human bodies for unspeakable experiments and did that. If you had established permanent supplyline of bodies, then it would have been 5. Actually, it is better described as 5-1 because M21 caused complications for otherwise fine progress.
It's a qualified 5. We gathered the bodies, and escaped an unexpectedly dying world while becoming very wealthy space pirates. that last wasn't part of the initial plan, and compensates for not having made a permanent source on a planet that was eating itself. Besides, we have breeding stock, so even the "permanent source" is a qualified success. I deem it something like a 5-1+1.

It's a 5 with a teammate rolling a 1 at -2 in the same turn. :P
You rolled maybe a 3. you did manage to go where you wanted to go, at least.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25338 on: December 07, 2015, 02:03:00 pm »

How long until a vigilante GM takes the reins to keep things chugging along? Place bets, anyone?

And who could take reins of this monster?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25339 on: December 07, 2015, 03:05:22 pm »

Remember that getting a stable source of bodies was a bonus objective. PW only tasked us with acquiring a certain amount of bodies
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25340 on: December 07, 2015, 03:06:34 pm »

Each mission could have a couple people (people not on that specific mission, obviously) that manage it, and tinker would have the tinkerers and council to self-regulate. The level of devolution of narrative authority is controllably variable -- for example, maybe piecewise decides to solicit universe ideas for M26 and nothing more, or maybe a test mission is entirely farmed out, or maybe pw dies and we all decide to keep his spirit alive through his game :P

Note, not that I'm suggesting we do any of this. I am innocent.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25341 on: December 07, 2015, 03:26:31 pm »

@Piecewise Please be well! Come back soon if you can, but take as long as you need. We'll all be patiently waiting here.

The Council, of course! Now, however, who would reign in the Council, should they try to usurp the power?.. Clearly, we need an public, transparent, open-to-join Player Committee to keep the Council in check. :P

((... Why do I always want to make a "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." joke every time Piecewise goes away from the game for a period of time?  ??? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25342 on: December 07, 2015, 03:30:05 pm »

Each mission could have a couple people (people not on that specific mission, obviously) that manage it, and tinker would have the tinkerers and council to self-regulate. The level of devolution of narrative authority is controllably variable -- for example, maybe piecewise decides to solicit universe ideas for M26 and nothing more, or maybe a test mission is entirely farmed out, or maybe pw dies and we all decide to keep his spirit alive through his game :P

He's a witch, burn the witch!
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25343 on: December 07, 2015, 04:15:08 pm »

He's a witch, burn the witch!
now now, we have to weigh him first, to see if he weighs the same as a duck.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25344 on: December 07, 2015, 05:09:28 pm »

I mandate myself as new GM of M24! :P

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25345 on: December 07, 2015, 05:41:16 pm »

@Unholy

Yeah, they were built complete except for empty spots where the AMs could be slotted in.  We figured we could produce more AMs than ships, so this would get us a larger fleet sooner.  Problem is, since AMs can't be used anymore, these ships will never escape the system; at best, we can build a booster rig to launch ships into a neighboring system, but I doubt that would be worth it.  The ships also won't be useful for defense, because the entire UWM navy is at the very least paralyzed by this.
But you dont actually need AM's for FTL travel.... it just takes a lot longer to reach the required speeds to use the jump points.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25346 on: December 07, 2015, 06:10:56 pm »

Ah, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can throw accusations of witchcraft at will to any old somebody. There is a pestilence upon this land; nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25347 on: December 07, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »

Get well pw, I hope in time you can come to save us from this madness and pestilence.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #25348 on: December 07, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »

Best of luck, take as long as you need.  Try to enjoy the lack of tinker and suicidal players!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25349 on: December 07, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »

Piecewise could do a murder mystery when he gets back. "Oh, I'm back! And now to eat those 'get well soon' chocolates one of you sent me.  Thank you. Om nom nom. (Yes, I'm typing chewing noises as I eat.) Hm. They taste kind of funny. Anyway, I'm making this post because I wanted to tell you- Oh. Gah. Cough cough. I'm choking on my own blood and I'm typing it here instead of doing something about it. And I never got to tell you that- Gah. ded" With so many people coveting his position, we'll certainly have plenty of suspects.
Pages: 1 ... 1688 1689 [1690] 1691 1692 ... 2205