Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491754 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24645 on: November 11, 2015, 04:48:20 am »

Is it physically possible to kill tge lurker in the angles or even just give it the boot from our reality?

Would such outcomes be limited to use of the godzilla threshold?
To be honest, I believe we're well-past Godzilla treshold at this point. See: M23.
(Oh, of course, the M23 team decided against rampant callous genocide, but it was very well considered. Meaning they've passed the threshold, and so has, by extension, ER(verse) as a whole.)
Wouldn't the godzilla threshold in this case be tearing a hole into the lurkers reality and banging pots and pans together until the lurkers natural predator comes to shut us up?

what does M23 have to do with the godzilla threshold?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24646 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:58 am »

Is it physically possible to kill tge lurker in the angles or even just give it the boot from our reality?

Would such outcomes be limited to use of the godzilla threshold?
To be honest, I believe we're well-past Godzilla treshold at this point. See: M23.
(Oh, of course, the M23 team decided against rampant callous genocide, but it was very well considered. Meaning they've passed the threshold, and so has, by extension, ER(verse) as a whole.)
Wouldn't the godzilla threshold in this case be tearing a hole into the lurkers reality and banging pots and pans together until the lurkers natural predator comes to shut us up?

what does M23 have to do with the godzilla threshold?

Unleashing a godzilla on to the unsuspecting stack would not do make the situation (noticeably) worse and could be considered a potentially sound tactic to cover the retreat/divert attention? But yeah, I was speaking more of a literal definition of crossing the godzilla threshold (which can always, of course, be scaled to match the matter at hand - in case of Lurker in the Angles, I guess, it would be summoning a Star-Godzilla to, indeed, tear him a new one - I wouldn't bet on Lurker-predators existing, but something ought to exist that can do the job).

Hey, how about creating a brand-new, upgraded strain of Altered and unleashing them on the Lurker? Attazerg! :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24647 on: November 11, 2015, 07:44:28 am »

((Okay, can we just jump past this or what?))
((*pokes thread*))
Dude... that isn't how it works.
This ain't some freeform RP, if you're waiting on the GM to resolve an action, you wait. The threads get updated incredibly regularly considering how many of them there are.

Meanwhile I'm waiting to see if I manage to prevent my brain from being stolen or not...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24648 on: November 11, 2015, 08:12:59 am »

Frozen parody Let It Burn is strangely appropriate for Mission 21. From quite many perspectives.

1st verse: Lurker in the angles about its own dimension, though last line applies for Maurice. Kinda.
2nd verse: Somewhat fits for any HMRC convict in a way.
Chorus: Self evident.
3rd piece: Lovely
4th piece: Lurker in the angles, but also every amp user ever.
Chorus: Lurker breaking free.
5th piece: Lurker about eating our universe and use of amps attracting its attention.
Chorus: Yep.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24649 on: November 11, 2015, 08:49:02 am »

Frozen parody Let It Burn is strangely appropriate for Mission 21. From quite many perspectives.

1st verse: Lurker in the angles about its own dimension, though last line applies for Maurice. Kinda.
2nd verse: Somewhat fits for any HMRC convict in a way.
Chorus: Self evident.
3rd piece: Lovely
4th piece: Lurker in the angles, but also every amp user ever.
Chorus: Lurker breaking free.
5th piece: Lurker about eating our universe and use of amps attracting its attention.
Chorus: Yep.

Ahah, good find, that is strangely appropriate.

Here's the lyrics for those who can't view the video:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #24650 on: November 11, 2015, 09:21:00 am »

Here's the lyrics for those who can't view the video:

I appreciate you sharing complete lyrics, not because I can't watch the video, but rather because I can't stand the performance in the video. Really, dude, you're singing about incinerating stuff after you're done holding out on it, put some emotion into your words.

Also, Elsa in red colours and with flames looks strangely better than original, IMHO.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24651 on: November 11, 2015, 09:54:20 am »

In that case, Final Countdown is the best way to describe end-M21 ascent, possibly narrated by Maurice. :P

(First verse is the ascent, second verse is ... self-evident, and third verse is about going home (Hephaestus or the Sword) and/or being picked up by rescue teams. Oh, and chorus is, well, about the closing moments of M21 - the ascent countdown, bombs falling countdown and alien doom countdown, of course. Even the final sounds (weird, repeating anomalous echo) fit the story of going into Limbo!..
It also somewhat fits any end-mission hot-ascent, I guess, but by virtue of second verse and extended rescue wait time, I think M21 fits best so far. I freely admit I am biased, though.

And, oh dear, does the second verse fit!..)

Spoiler: Lyrics, FYC (click to show/hide)

P.S. On a second thought, definitely heading for the Sword. Because a ship is always referred to by female pronouns in English.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:59:05 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24652 on: November 11, 2015, 10:01:04 am »

And, oh dear, does the second verse fit!..)

Hmm...

I guess there is no one to blame

HMM.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24653 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:10 am »

Final Countdown

That is fitting too. More so than Frozen parody, actually.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24654 on: November 11, 2015, 10:48:43 am »

How 'bout we launch something like Einsteinian Roulette OST? Say, a wiki page with mission subsections where people share the songs most appropriate for the said mission? That'd be fun.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24655 on: November 11, 2015, 10:50:24 am »

How 'bout we launch something like Einsteinian Roulette OST? Say, a wiki page with mission subsections where people share the songs most appropriate for the said mission? That'd be fun.

Probably wouldn't be an OST, unless there's some heretofore undisplayed musical talent around these parts.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24656 on: November 11, 2015, 10:51:42 am »

Probably wouldn't be an OST, unless there's some heretofore undisplayed musical talent around these parts.

Yes, the OST is the wrong term. But you get the idea.
Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24657 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:05 am »

"Describe a mission with a single song" challenge?
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24658 on: November 11, 2015, 11:09:42 am »

M5:  The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24659 on: November 11, 2015, 11:10:32 am »

Works that way too.

I'm really worried we won't hear from PW at the very least till the end of the week because Fallout 4 at this point.

Pancaek clarified that one nevermind.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:53:52 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 2205