Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1607 1608 [1609] 1610 1611 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485803 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24120 on: October 30, 2015, 02:10:59 am »

Aww, I'm gonna have to look at the cool item things at some point in the future since I don't think I can adjust stuff like that from the tablet I'm on.

Can anyone give me a basic idea of what was added?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24121 on: October 30, 2015, 02:40:32 am »

Aww, I'm gonna have to look at the cool item things at some point in the future since I don't think I can adjust stuff like that from the tablet I'm on.

Can anyone give me a basic idea of what was added?

Id Manifester:  A device that manifests a personification of the user’s subconscious. This manifestation varies by user, however those with greater exo skill and greater Will numbers will have more powerful manifestations.  The details of exactly how this device functions are hazy and the manifestations have shown a degree of cognition and self awareness, and they have shown a propensity for attacking or attempting to overpower their creator if that creator lacks the will to control them.  Created via data gathered during midbrain implantation of MMI and “God Computer” prototype 112.

Haber’s Implant: A small metallic sphere and associated gold wire mesh which encloses much of the brain. The implant grants the subject a mild connection to anomalous matter arrangements and superuniversal geometries. The connection doesn’t manifest consciously, but rather subconsciously; it grants the user a form of 6th sense, a powerful form of intuition regarding magical/supernatural forces. It doesn’t tell them directly what's going on, but rather grants them a gut feeling of sorts. Useless for deciphering fine details, but very useful for getting the bigger picture. The user can, however, become an unwitting conduit for these forces, as the implant makes them more vulnerable to such things.

Universal Limb Collector: Four implants at the hips and shoulders. These implants, a form of adaptive flesh, allows the subject to remove their limbs and replace them with just about anything else. The implant will spread, partially or fully, onto the new object and seek to make it into as functional a limb as possible. The implants lack the strength to break down robust things, so shoving a statue’s arm in there won’t let you break it into upper and lower arms and use it like that, but if you were to stick a rifle there, it would be able to let you fire it. Works with organic matter too. Uses organic computing materials from the anomalous planetoid.

Extraphysical Cutting Aura: A metallic organ of unknown origin that is implanted in the abdomen, amongst the intestines. It fuses with surrounding tissue and appears to leach nutrients from the blood and partially digested food. It appears to grow over time and may have harmful effects in the long run.  Allows the subject to produce a thin, silvery aura on any part of their skin, which resembles a sort of heat haze or shimmering mirage. This aura allows the subject to cut, piece, puncture, slice, tear and rip with force akin to that of a blade, drill or even laser using nothing but their bare skin. The range of the aura is so low, however, that the subject has to make physical contact with the surface for it to work, and it won’t work through clothing or any other covering. It also only works with natural human skin and won’t work through prosthetics.

White Mask: A smooth, featureless white mask that absorbs the consciousness of the first living thing is is placed on. From that point on the consciousness lives within the mask and anything which the mask is placed upon becomes the vessel and body of this consciousness. Larger and more powerful bodies require greater Exo rolls and exertions of will to inhabit, but once they have been completely controlled, no more rolls will be needed.  The mask need only remain physically in contact with the body to control it. Damage to the bodies will not damage the consciousness, however, breaking the mask will kill the mind within. Created via data gathered from the “Glow Worm Gun” and video of an enemy combatant.

On a related note, I have no idea why it is putting me in this mode. I'm in editing mode on the account that made the document. Hell, no one is even supposed to be able to edit it except me, I just turned on commenting. Google docs is kinda pissing me off because I have no idea why it is doing this.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24122 on: October 30, 2015, 02:46:36 am »

Haber’s Implant

Important question: Who is Haber?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24123 on: October 30, 2015, 04:18:10 am »

White Mask makes me think of Jack of Blades.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24124 on: October 30, 2015, 04:20:02 am »

Id Manifester:  A device that manifests a personification of the user’s subconscious. This manifestation varies by user, however those with greater exo skill and greater Will numbers will have more powerful manifestations.  The details of exactly how this device functions are hazy and the manifestations have shown a degree of cognition and self awareness, and they have shown a propensity for attacking or attempting to overpower their creator if that creator lacks the will to control them.  Created via data gathered during midbrain implantation of MMI and “God Computer” prototype 112.
Oh.
Oh my.
Oh mmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy
That's ... making me reconsider my plans to dump exo. Because I wanna see the things that would come out of Xan's subconscious very badly.

Speaking of which, what are the rules for levelling up things with an enhanced genemod thing? If I have +3 from points and chargen but an additional +1 from the mod, do I level the skill up like I'm going from +3 to +4?
Cause if so I have ideas.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24125 on: October 30, 2015, 04:34:08 am »

Speaking of which, what are the rules for levelling up things with an enhanced genemod thing? If I have +3 from points and chargen but an additional +1 from the mod, do I level the skill up like I'm going from +3 to +4?
Cause if so I have ideas.
I would assume enhanced capacity is ignored for levelups.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24126 on: October 30, 2015, 04:51:24 am »

If so...and I have that many...this could move my schedule along quite well.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24127 on: October 30, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

I kinda want to see what would come out of Aurons subconscious.

or even an Auron based white mask personality, lose control of your murderous alien death machine and it goes on a rampage and robs half the planet.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24128 on: October 30, 2015, 08:10:58 am »

Lars and his id can try to out-zealous each other!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24129 on: October 30, 2015, 08:36:23 am »

Maurice would probably wrestle control from his id (just like any other mind-dominating entity), but judging by his Intu and Exo stats (both at -1), he's probably not on very good terms with his own subconsciousness.

Now, manifesting the super-ego would be a whole different thing... :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24130 on: October 30, 2015, 08:40:29 am »

I'm curious what Pan's Id would even look like. Definately getting the Id manifester, unless it costs an exorbitant amount of tokens.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24131 on: October 30, 2015, 09:02:40 am »

Ok is the white mask in any way related to the one scp mask?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24132 on: October 30, 2015, 09:04:08 am »

The SCP one was an amulet I believe, and I think it is time to put point's into will for Vincent
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24133 on: October 30, 2015, 09:19:28 am »

The SCP one was an amulet I believe, and I think it is time to put point's into will for Vincent
oh? I just remember the mask from SCP containment breach that when put on would replace your consciousness with the one in the mask until you took it off. But the force required to take it off would rip your face apart first.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24134 on: October 30, 2015, 10:03:47 am »

Ok is the white mask in any way related to the one scp mask?
I haven't had anything to do with SCP for many years due to arguments with the founding members of that site, so nothing I make is related to it.

Scp has grown so large and has so many damn pages that things are inevitably gonna line up occasionally.
Pages: 1 ... 1607 1608 [1609] 1610 1611 ... 2205