Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486123 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »

Maaaan. Hephaestus is the worst forge world ever. We should get a few tin cans for the assault team, otherwise they'd have trouble pushing forward.

Well, Steve is churning out enough robots to defend every laser battery on the planet from whatever the UWM could land. Think about how many robots that is.
He's also building a Titan, which if you haven't read the full game is sort of like an aircraft carrier with legs.
Plus all of the other behind-the-scenes stuff we haven't heard of. Hephaestus is going to be quite busy.

Where did he say he was building a Titan? Did I miss something? I know he discussed the possibility, but I don't recall anything about one being built.

As for the resource limit of 1000, yeah, it's a bit restrictive. Then again, we're not fighting a real invasion fleet here, we're fending off the planet's normal defenders that Steve sent on a wild goose chase. Another reason I've been more in favor of quantity over quality for some things (my disagreement with Anton and his blackship knockoff plasma cannon that can gut small capital ships, but only has 6 shots and is likely the bulk of the 250RU cost to refit the ships we salvaged).
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2014, 09:52:28 pm »

Ooh, nice.

The Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranid and Chaos go on a killing spree, killing near-defenseless human worlds here, there and fucking everywhere. Lots of planets join the Tau, which greatly bolsters their ranks. The Eldar are still being the Eldar, and fight the Necron. Orks, which are now fucking numberless, find great joy in raiding warpspace, necron tombworlds and surviving space marine garrisons.

My bets on either the Necron, Tau (especially if the Eldar finally bitch out and join them) or Orks to take the galaxy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:55:09 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2014, 09:52:52 pm »

Since May was never a part of this, and thus I didn't patch much more attention than simply glancing the other threads over, what's going on? I know we've captured some ships, and now we're going to fight a space-war in a year?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2014, 09:56:34 pm »

I don't think he said that he was building a Titan per say, but he did mention that he was upscaling the synthflesh vat/vats to accomodate constructing/growing a Titan. And I the best comparison I could find was an Arms Fort from Armored Core.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2014, 10:03:01 pm »

Inform me, whats a PAC artillery battery?

It shoots large yellow bullets that consume anything in their path, known for their trademark WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA sound.

Don't forget that the 1000 RU budget is simply what Steve is giving us any input over.  He's doing quite a few things on his own, plus we have to fix what we broke.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2014, 10:13:37 pm »

Ooh, nice.

The Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranid and Chaos go on a killing spree, killing near-defenseless human worlds here, there and fucking everywhere. Lots of planets join the Tau, which greatly bolsters their ranks. The Eldar are still being the Eldar, and fight the Necron. Orks, which are now fucking numberless, find great joy in raiding warpspace, necron tombworlds and surviving space marine garrisons.

My bets on either the Necron, Tau (especially if the Eldar finally bitch out and join them) or Orks to take the galaxy.
No, I mean how do they FTL. I know the Tau (and Tyranids?) just do without, and the Eldar have this Webthingy, but what about the orks and stuff?
And I dunno, the 'Nids and Chaos still sounds like strong contenders.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2014, 10:15:47 pm »

I was talking about Sean's Artee prototype with a friend, and he brought up an interesting point- why not make it a quadcopter?

It's a stable, highly manueverable firing platform that would be far more efficient over difficult terrain.  It wouldn't be as good over smooth surfaces, assuming you give the horse wheels, and it would be useless outside of atmosphere, but if you want it to be a supplementary force for a large army then those are minor problems.

I'm told that the biggest limitation with current quadcopter technology is the power supply, and in ER we pretty much havs infinite-life generators- see gauss rifles, MK suits, robobodies(Who only require nutri-packs for the brain) ect.

@Comparing the UWM vs. Trek or Star Wars.
I'm pretty sure PW has outright stated the UWM is more advanced than either of those.  The primary limitation to our resources is the fact that we're only using a fraction of the world's power for the defense.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2014, 10:20:11 pm »

1. Quadcoptors? Link, please.

2. I was talking about comparing the UWM to the Imperium, and comparing that comparison to comparing the Empire (or the Republic, or the New Republic, or whatever) to the Federation. It's a matter of different scales and different universes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »

Only the Imperium relied on the astronomicon. The Orks use their Ork "waaaagh-luck" and chaos just fucking warps anywhere and starts killing shit for da evulz. Most of the other races have FTL drives.

Chaos is a strong contender but they are just outnumbered by the orks, who are actually looking to fight Chaos with the fall of the rest of the humies. Tyranids get Ork'd by a bigass WAAGH!.

Comparing the UWM to the imperium is like comparing a knife with the death star. Imperium is also probably bigger than the Republic, in terms of military.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:26:25 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2014, 10:27:34 pm »

I'd say it's more like comparing the Enterprise to the Death Star, or maybe comparing Miyamoto to an Imperial Titan, but whatever.

And wouldn't the Tyranids eat the orks? Like they do everything else?
And I'm surprised the orks are beating chaos on their own turf.
Sig

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2014, 10:29:20 pm »

By a WAAAAAGH, I mean like two thirds the galaxy's worth of Orks bullrushing the Tyranids and the Chaos.

Also, Tyranids and warp space do NOT mix.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:32:34 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:37:24 pm by PyroDesu »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »

By a WAAAAAGH, I mean like two thirds the galaxy's worth of Orks bullrushing the Tyranids and the Chaos.

Also, Tyranids and warp space do NOT mix.
And?

Chaos is still, well, Chaos. They've got like a whole other galaxy to themselves, and space marines, and space magic, and stuff. One race, devoting only a third of its resources to the task, driving it back when it was defeating some of the strongest races in the previous millenium, is odd.
Orks aren't chaotic. The 'Nids don't need to deal with chaos from them. They also reproduce faster and change quickly, possibly incorporating orkish DNA (and psychic or technological ability?). And there's, like, a galaxy-sized swarm of them slowly descending on our galaxy.

1. Quadcoptors? Link, please.

Spoiler: These things: (click to show/hide)

Here's a Wikipedia article for you, too.
...Isn't that kinda small?
And aircraft suffer a number of disadvantages from needing to be, you know, light enough to not be stuck on the ground.
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »

Yeah, for now, quadcopters are mostly toys and hobbyist craft. But this is THE FUTURE!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2014, 10:50:43 pm »

Is it just me, or did other people read big sarcastic air-quotes in Pyro's post?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 2205