Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487706 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22500 on: September 24, 2015, 02:20:26 pm »

I think Nik meant Intuituon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: September 24, 2015, 02:33:04 pm »

Here, let me find the original quote about proper use of language in ER "thinking" actions.

(I'll just let you all know that a good way to indicate which roll you want to do  is "Think about X" for a int roll, "Examine x" to just look at it, and something like "Try to determine the use of X" or "Consider what x means" or the like for Intuition rolls.)

So, I tried going for both Int and Intu, using old system terms. Under new system, it should be Mind and Intu or possibly GenKnow and Intu.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22502 on: September 24, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »

Genereal Knowledge should be using what you see/sense and what you (potentially) know to come to a conclusion (e.g., Lyra knowing about automanips or identifying a wine or a piece of equipment) or generally just knowing something obscure (solving a riddle, providing advice about the customs of a certain society) or knowing how to do something obscure (playing the banjo, sailing (although there might be an aux roll involved as well)).

Brain MIND (I keep calling it brain for some reason) should cover using (mostly) what you see/sense and logic to come up to a conclusion (for example, researching info on the internet or solving a logic-based puzzle).

That's how I understand them, anyway.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: September 24, 2015, 02:50:41 pm »

Hey paris, the AM was the one who told of the 'quality' of Miya's manip brains, so I had removed the question marks, seemed superfluous. Though I could ask pw to be sure. As for the damage, are you sure both of them have that red line wiggling? I only remember pw confirming damage when he was digging that hole, the other times they were 'in the red' I though it was just referring to them being tired/expended.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22504 on: September 24, 2015, 03:11:38 pm »

About the red line, I don't remember, so it's more just trusting my past self for agreeing with those edits. I'll try to take a look at when the edits were made and the piecewise turns posted at the time to confirm later. And probably start putting citations everywhere. You can't be a good space accountant if you don't keep your space receipts.

About the brains, I don't remember whether or not piecewise said the AM was giving perfect results. Again, just trusting my past self more for agreeing with those edits containing question marks.

We could just ask piecewise about the brains. And if the AM does indeed give good results, then maybe propose to him that all brains automatically get scanned when bought since I assume that putting that in the wiki immediately would actually make it easier for him to keep track of things.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:13:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: September 24, 2015, 03:22:32 pm »

Nobody is posting the dance off idea in Spess Gud mission.

Why not?
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22506 on: September 24, 2015, 03:27:44 pm »

Hmm, I suddenly wonder if not actually checking the lines might be 'smarter' (aka scummier/munchkinnier) due to not reminding pw it could have brain damage, and then just not mentioning it till he's likely to have forgotten. Similarly to how not posting when bad shit's happening can give one quantum damage protection. Cause I doubt he's keeping a separate file to track that sorta thing. Maybe we should ask him to clearly say when manip brain damage has occured for accountancy purposes, though that also takes away a bit of the whole the whole 'amps can feel how far they went and if they went too far, manips need to interpret abstracter signals' thing.

And yeah, asking for immediate brain scanning seems best, though I kinda feel it might be easier/better if all brains in a category are the same, less bookkeeping (and it doesn't really add much IMHO).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22507 on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:16 pm »

Wasn't the problem with manipulators that you couldn't judge how much "effort" something would take, so there's always the danger of overestimating your reserves or underestimating the difficulty of a task? While amp users can always tell exactly how tired they are, how tired they'll get after doing something and what would cause an overload? That would probably also make manipulator overshoots worse and manipulator overloads more likely.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: September 24, 2015, 05:20:25 pm »

Come join us on Toribash, if you play or would like to, server /join bay12, Navarro, Devestator and I, at the moment.
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22509 on: September 24, 2015, 05:45:47 pm »

@RC: Yeah, from the looks of it, it's not explicitly said whether or not the brains received damage. He merely said "close to the red", which probably means it wasn't damaged. I'll ask him to make sure.

PIECEWISE! Can a humble space accounted request your attention for a moment?

When the AM says a brain is of good or bad quality or average, is there any uncertainty?
If yes, you can give a reading whenever someone purchases a brain, to make bookkeeping easier for you, since that will then be put on the wiki. Or just make all brains in the same tier equal.

And do you remember whether or not Miyamoto's brains received any damage in the following quoted actions?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:53:03 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22510 on: September 24, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »

@RC: Yeah, from the looks of it, it's not explicitly said whether or not the brains received damage. He merely said "close to the red", which probably means it wasn't damaged. I'll ask him to make sure.

PIECEWISE! Can a humble space accounted request your attention for a moment?

When the AM says a brain is of good or bad quality or average, is there any uncertainty?
If yes, you can give a reading whenever someone purchases a brain, to make bookkeeping easier for you, since that will then be put on the wiki. Or just make all brains in the same tier equal.

And do you remember whether or not Miyamoto's brains received any damage in the following quoted actions?

There's a bit, but thats mostly because it's kinda hard to seperate something with 75 points from something with 80 without just stating numerical differences. Both would be good, but there would be a bit of a difference between them.

And no, they're fine.

I've been playing around today.

It's a start.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: September 25, 2015, 12:34:00 am »

...well now. That looks interesting. How many hippies organs would I have to sell to help fund that?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:35:50 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nunzillor

« Reply #22512 on: September 25, 2015, 12:38:53 am »

Oo cool.  What did you make it with?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: September 25, 2015, 12:43:38 am »

I see what you are doing and raise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: September 25, 2015, 12:45:39 am »

-snip-
It's a start.
:o
UH OH.
That's... old (original) ER, right?.. HMRC barracks and stasis pods lining one of the walls.

Just... just...
Oh dear, I'll have to sell my organs, mortgage my place and sell myself into slavery to see it fully financed and developed. Do you think it could ever be fully encoded, with all the non-standard (reality-pwning semi-random) Fun?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2205