Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492201 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2220 on: April 03, 2014, 05:07:11 pm »

Maybe she was in the Red Moon Rebellion?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 03, 2014, 05:12:22 pm »

Is it just me, or is team E completely screwed?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 03, 2014, 05:31:58 pm »

Maybe she was in the Red Moon Rebellion?

Yeah, it's a possibility that was considered. The way she explained things, the people at her world must have gone into rebellion and the UWM started to send whoever survived their retaliation to the HMRC. May have been a random worker uprising, but since the AM seems important in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't be absurd to consider her being there at an important historical event.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2223 on: April 03, 2014, 07:28:53 pm »

One would think a military ship wouldn't be so easily compromised by a single control panel. The reality bending properties of overshoots...

@Caellath: Yeah, who knows. Maybe if we bug piecewise enough to give us that history thing we'll gain some more info. Then we'll be able to piece more things together. And it will stop our characters from looking like idiots who know nothing of history.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:31:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11:16 pm »

I wouldn't worry too much. Within a minute or two anyone not wearing a space suit should be incapacitated. Overall, I'd say they're better-than-average.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 03, 2014, 08:29:09 pm »

@Caellath: Yeah, who knows. Maybe if we bug piecewise enough to give us that history thing we'll gain some more info. Then we'll be able to piece more things together. And it will stop our characters from looking like idiots who know nothing of history.

Well, Milno is supposed to be an idiot who knows nearly nothing of history due to having only watched space-TV after being arrested anyway. Woo for in-character ignorance, I guess.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 03, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »

Jim was designed the way he is for the sole purpose of me not having to know anything about anything of the universe of ER. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »

I wouldn't worry too much. Within a minute or two anyone not wearing a space suit should be incapacitated. Overall, I'd say they're better-than-average.
I opened one door and turned two UWM personell into chunky pasta sauce, what is opening all the doors gonna do?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 03, 2014, 09:43:36 pm »

I opened one door and turned two UWM personell into chunky pasta sauce, what is opening all the doors gonna do?
There are doors leading outside.

And I didn't design Grate specifically to be ignorant of the universe at large, but that was a happy side effect.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 03, 2014, 10:19:41 pm »

Also, Steve seems to like Milno.

Did Steve ever say something along those lines?

Not that I recall; it's just a feeling I get.  Your sig, for example, and other little lines imply Steve at least respects him (in terms of HMRC inmates, at least.) 

Brother Lars is probably on the lower end of knowledge of the universe at large, though he would be aware of several other religions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 03, 2014, 10:39:51 pm »

Well, at least Team E's on their own on that ship, otherwise another team would be in extreme pain due to lack of IC knowledge, assuming they avoided meta.

That being said, I might make the first monoatomic sword attack on a mission in the course of the game so far. We'll see how it goes. Assuming Auron succeeds, of course.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 03, 2014, 10:41:39 pm »

Steve respects people who get shit done. Milno gets shit done, as evidenced by his successes in missions.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 03, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »

Hey wait.
Jobasio never ordered the pizza.
Hahahahahahahaha
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 03, 2014, 11:38:57 pm »

Fun-time offtopic question:

If ER was to be made into a movie and/or television series, who would y'all pick as actors for each of the characters?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 03, 2014, 11:40:40 pm »

Hmm, while people ponder TCM's question, I propose another question.

Which would work better as a video game of ER, a first person shooter? Or a squad command game?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 2205