Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492075 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22095 on: September 13, 2015, 11:36:24 am »

Wait, was it this:
Invite a Friend. Earn $20.
Every friend you invite gets $10 credit immediately and you get $20 credit when their first order ships.*
So we'd be the ones getting credit, unless you used the actual emails? Or is it something else, to do with your personal url being used so they know its you?

Oh, cool, Jeremiah LeManx has $10.00 promotional credit.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #22096 on: September 13, 2015, 11:39:39 am »

Sounds like we'd have to order something for you to get credit.  Not really willing to spend money on this.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22097 on: September 13, 2015, 11:44:05 am »

Yeah, it's all for over 10 dollars, I can't get free pants out of this  :'(

However, if I spent $10 on $20.00 pants and used my credit, you'd get $20.00 credit. Which you could use to buy $20.00 pants. For a total of $5.00 per pants.

Seeing as the pants have probably had ten dollars slapped on, there would be a profit of $5, or If we arranged it somehow, someone could get twice as many pants for the same price just because they used two accounts.

How do they make you repay the credit?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22098 on: September 13, 2015, 12:52:41 pm »

Wait, was it this:
Every friend you invite gets $10 credit immediately and you get $20 credit when their first order ships.*
So we'd be the ones getting credit, unless you used the actual emails? Or is it something else, to do with your personal url being used so they know its you?

Ah, so you would get 10 bucks and then if you buy something, I get 20. That makes more sense.

I wonder if there's anything even on that site for less then 10 bucks.... Nope, appears not

And thus did the scam make itself apparent.

Oh well, never mind then. No defrauding an internet company for me I suppose.  And I was so hoping to be able to afford one of these modular sleeping pods!
https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/podtime

Oh well. 

I can't find it now but they used to have a starwars music box on there that was selling for something fucking outrageous. Like 24,000 dollars or something.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22099 on: September 13, 2015, 01:50:04 pm »

Not exactly a scam, but a marketing ploy. I mean, if they legitimately get a ten dollar discount, and you legitimately get the twenty if they buy something, then everyone wins a little. True, they win much more, because of mark up and the like, but they aren't taking your money for nothing, or defrauding you or anything. Unless the ad specified that you would get money for everyone that looked at the site and mentioned you or something, which I doubt.

Still, it's manipulative, the way companies usually word their 'deals,' and I know that many companies will hike up their prices right before a big sales period, and then offer 'discounts' based on the marked up price. To me, that is fraud. Capitalism isn't supposed to work like that. "The Lord abhors dishonest scales."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22100 on: September 13, 2015, 03:53:00 pm »

Wait, was it this:

Ah, so you would get 10 bucks and then if you buy something, I get 20. That makes more sense.

I wonder if there's anything even on that site for less then 10 bucks.... Nope, appears not

Oh well, never mind then. No defrauding an internet company for me I suppose.  And I was so hoping to be able to afford one of these modular sleeping pods!

Oh well. 

I can't find it now but they used to have a starwars music box on there that was selling for something fucking outrageous. Like 24,000 dollars or something.
No, you can, if...

...180.... call it 200...

... of us want to get free $20 trousers for a modicum of effort (or one person will expend a lot of energy for two hundred free trousers), and you give us/them $10 for every pair, so we/they regain our investment. You then get around $4,000 on site, which you can use to buy two sleeping pods. You finally sell one, in order to get your $2,000 dollars back, and enjoy the other.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22101 on: September 13, 2015, 04:44:30 pm »

Reminds me of the fine print on a card giveaway at Subway.

"Get a free sub for every $10 dollar card purchased."

card may not be used to purchase another card

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22102 on: September 13, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »

Wait, was it this:

Oh well. 

No, you can, if...

...180.... call it 200...

... of us want to get free $20 trousers for a modicum of effort (or one person will expend a lot of energy for two hundred free trousers), and you give us/them $10 for every pair, so we/they regain our investment. You then get around $4,000 on site, which you can use to buy two sleeping pods. You finally sell one, in order to get your $2,000 dollars back, and enjoy the other.
I love it overly complicated and likely to govhorribly wrong

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22103 on: September 13, 2015, 04:49:52 pm »

Great, for a starting investment of 2,000 dollars, we could do this! b12 free trousers and sleeping pod club!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22104 on: September 13, 2015, 04:51:51 pm »

I think, with the amount of advertising we'd have to do to get enough people on board, the company would get wise well before we had a chance to act on it. :P I love the plan, though. I'd be on board.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22105 on: September 13, 2015, 04:56:54 pm »

The company still wouldn't lose, by the way.  They're likely acting as two-way middlemen.  IE, the suppliers pay the company to list their products, and the company sells their customers to other companies.  It would break down when the suppliers realize they aren't getting paid for their shipments, which wouldn't take very long, but should hold together long enough for the scheme.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22106 on: September 13, 2015, 07:23:18 pm »

I can contribute $1.75, only $1998.25 to go.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22107 on: September 13, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »

And lo! "Buy Piecewise a place to sleep" Kickstarter was born.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22108 on: September 13, 2015, 08:25:24 pm »

We should totally start a kickstarter just as a joke, 10 dollar pledge one pair of trousers.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22109 on: September 13, 2015, 10:50:09 pm »

And lo! "Buy Piecewise a place to sleep" Kickstarter was born.
Admittedly I'd probably be better off sleeping on a pile of 10 dollar pants. You seen the bed in that thing? Looks like something torn from a doctor's office. It's just a slab of black leather or latex with matching rectangle pillow.

Christ man, if I'm gonna pay 2000 dollars at least get me a nice matress. As it is I could probably do better on my own with some large tubing and couch cushions.
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 2205