Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493172 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22005 on: September 09, 2015, 12:40:10 pm »

Once answers are received, be free! Free as a bird that mutates horribly to escape any cage!
FTFY

Also, @Nik, I'm not discarding people without a moral compass. Just those with golden compasses that point true north. OOC'ly and IC'ly I feel like it's a big risk that someone would report us up the stack. It's easier to ship off someone who steals than someone who tattles.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22006 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:44 pm »

Once answers are received, be free! Free as a bird that mutates horribly to escape any cage!
FTFY

Also, @Nik, I'm not discarding people without a moral compass. Just those with golden compasses that point true north. OOC'ly and IC'ly I feel like it's a big risk that someone would report us up the stack. It's easier to ship off someone who steals than someone who tattles.
Ryan's reply to Dester soubnded more like he didn't want anyone with any moral compass.

"I want to see doctors with sketchy or criminal backgrounds, yes. We don't want any paragons of virtue or even someone with a moral compass that points even a little north."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22007 on: September 09, 2015, 01:27:26 pm »

Oh no god no. He wants a compass - just one that's nice and skewed. I'm looking for... Lawful-evil types, not chaotic-evil. You know, do as much bad as you can get away with while keeping within the law in appearances.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22008 on: September 09, 2015, 01:54:02 pm »

Ah, right. No problem, really. And yeah, Lawful-subtype should do the job protecting your secrets just fine.
All I wanted to suggest is not to give up Lawful Neutrals or even some Lawful Goods completely. Because some of them might be Good(Neutral)-intentioned with Evil-deeds capacity. (And this universe hasn't so far shown any signs of alignment-by-deeds mattering exclusively, unlike, for example, most DnD settings.)

Anyway, that is my humble piece of advice, and I don't really expect it to be actually considered. Heard is good enough already.  :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22009 on: September 09, 2015, 03:01:35 pm »

Hahah, we'll see. Since all the fun surgeons are in prison, I might have to go find a plucky medboy or girl from a lower-level medschool and "help" them through college with hands-on experience.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22010 on: September 09, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »

Man, I'm almost regretting not going on that mission, I would've been perfect for it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22011 on: September 09, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »

Yeah, but you would have kept the organs for yourself :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22012 on: September 09, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

Yes I would've. But what do you even need organs for? You're sending whole people off to Heph.
Sig! Onol

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22013 on: September 09, 2015, 03:29:08 pm »

"whole" people. People can be missing a kidney and still be whole. Look at PW! Though considering the kind of game he's running here, he may not be whole in the head :P.

Besides, the profit is for the Sons to help continue supplying Heph with fresh meat. Sure a breeding program will work, but I know that they'll find a way to use up half the population with one experiment.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22014 on: September 09, 2015, 03:32:26 pm »

I suppose so.
Man, one of those sharkmist vats would've been handy, just flood the market with synthetic hearts or something.
Sig! Onol

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22015 on: September 09, 2015, 03:37:46 pm »

I though money wasn't too much of an issue for you guys on the kidnapping mission anyway?
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22016 on: September 09, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »

I suppose so.
Man, one of those sharkmist vats would've been handy, just flood the market with synthetic hearts or something.

The vats are available for purchase.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22017 on: September 09, 2015, 03:43:40 pm »

I though money wasn't too much of an issue for you guys on the kidnapping mission anyway?

Sure, but I'm thinking about the long-term. Gotta have money in to pay whomever picks up the surgeries.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22018 on: September 09, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »

Hahah, we'll see. Since all the fun surgeons are in prison, I might have to go find a plucky medboy or girl from a lower-level medschool and "help" them through college with hands-on experience.
I imagine a comic in a film-noir style, with the hero narrating.
[I thought it would be a simple job. Some money to help pay my student loans. Help with done surgeries for people who wanted to not go through official channels. Nothing too bad. Just a nurse for a gang doctor at worst. That's how he had described it.]
"Relax kid. Just some easy money for you."
[We walked through the deserted streets, deeper and deeper into the city's industrial center. Closer and closer to it's dark core. A core most people pretended did not exist. So did I, at the time. I looked at everything with the eyes of a native schoolchild with dreams of one day making it to the top levels of the block.]
[If I was less native, less scared, perhaps I would have noticed he was as nervous as me, just better at hiding it. If I was more scared, I would had done the right thing and gotten out of there while I still had the chance.]
"So! Here we are."
[While I stared at large metal warehouse door, the Doc worked on opening it. With a quick movement he pushed a combination of unseen switches. Like a wizard using arcane motions to open the door to some hidden treasure. To some horrible curse.]
"Welcome..."
[The door obeyed. It did his bidding and slid upwards. But not willingly. It did so with the complaint of unoiled metal dragging against metal.]
*gasp*
["Open sesame". And all the darkness spills out.]
"... to site Alpha!"
[This was the first shock to come. And even though I couldn't suspect it at the time, it wouldn't be the last  As Doc was prone to saying "Things can always get worst. And they usually do."]

Should had taken more time to find an  eloquent description for the tools inside, making a parallel with a den of thieves and saying that that metaphor was more right than he realized at the time, but I don't have that much time.
This could do for the origin story of a UWM medic.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22019 on: September 09, 2015, 04:00:34 pm »

No posts tomorrow. Maybe no posts for a few days. My first Exams are coming up and I want to study extra good and hard so I can be sure to get a good grade and feel out what the tests will be like in the future. I doubt I'll need to do it this hard again, but it's a precaution.

I hope to actually be using this studying towards a maybe interesting end for other people.
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 2205