Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494960 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21615 on: September 01, 2015, 02:04:51 pm »

I wonder where does the ER-modern law (UWM and ARM) stand on the matter of mind-controlled enemy combatants...
There is no law, there is only the victor.
Shhh! Don't say it so loud! Steve declared we'll face War Crimes Tribunal after we are victorious, so face it we shall.
And by "face it" you mean "have some people taken out of stasis and modified to look like us, or better yet clone ourselves and then have those people executed for their crimes during the 'war of liberation'?" Because I think you can ask the Doc for some pointers if you mean that.
Well, Maurice meant it when he thought to himself that he wasn't going before it either way. But, there are other reasons as well.

Look on the bright side! We might all die in vain before anything resembling a War Crimes Tribunal can be convened. Hell, we might even get labelled as heroes or martyrs that way!
And Devastator would be finally satisfied by this outcome. Who am I kidding...  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21616 on: September 01, 2015, 02:11:51 pm »

Damnation. Worst 20 hours to spend goong to germany and wandering around. little imternet here, but i could 😒 have posted on the new game. Sorry for àwful typing, damn this tablet. Germany's nice though, I approve of lake beaches.

Oh, by the way, would anyone like to play in a new DMR game which would be smaller and less fun, being run by me, at some point?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #21617 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:44 pm »

Steve himself engineered a huge loss of life on Q'Baja during the Eater of Cold mission in order to cause a regime change.  If there's a war tribunal, he'd have to be tried.

Damnation. Worst 20 hours to spend goong to germany and wandering around. little imternet here, but i could 😒 have posted on the new game. Sorry for àwful typing, damn this tablet. Germany's nice though, I approve of lake beaches.

Oh, by the way, would anyone like to play in a new DMR game which would be smaller and less fun, being run by me, at some point?
Also, yes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21618 on: September 01, 2015, 02:22:54 pm »

Shhh! Don't say it so loud! Steve declared we'll face War Crimes Tribunal after we are victorious, so face it we shall.

Then again, we're all ex convicts with high tech weapons and gear.

They wanna make us stand trial? Come and get us.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21619 on: September 01, 2015, 02:41:04 pm »

How many implants do we have in our skulls to make sure we behave, again? I think we're at three known OOC, so far? ;)
(Assuming it wasn't just syvarris with the Doctor cells in his skull, and that wasn't a reference to amplifiers.)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21620 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:46 pm »

How many implants do we have in our skulls to make sure we behave, again? I think we're at three known OOC, so far? ;)
(Assuming it wasn't just syvarris with the Doctor cells in his skull, and that wasn't a reference to amplifiers.)

Only Steve can access those though, and he would -never- betray us.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21621 on: September 01, 2015, 02:56:11 pm »

Don't worry. I was talking about if we should fail or at least partially fail, or if you should get captured.

Winners never have to pay for their crimes! Also, to quote myself

ASK THE CORPSES IF HONOR MATTERS TO THEM, FOR IT MATTERS NOTHING TO ME!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21622 on: September 01, 2015, 03:39:59 pm »

You don't need to be alive to stand trial. A corpse makes the perfect defender, because it can't object.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21623 on: September 01, 2015, 04:02:14 pm »

yep, I would love to

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21624 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »

What was Dead Man Running again?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21625 on: September 01, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

You don't need to be alive to stand trial. A corpse makes the perfect defender, because it can't object.

What are we, popes?

What was Dead Man Running again?
A Piecewise RTD set much earlier in the ER timeline, where the players were contestants in a lethal game show and had to try to murder each other and perform dangerous and/or strange acts to get points to win (no one ever did). You know that Nyars artifact Shackle Beirus' character had, until he got his arm cut off? Every DMR contestant had one of those. Waitlisters (and anyone else who felt like it) could play as audience members and earn the in-game currency with bets, which were used by players to purchase weapons and armour and such. Audience members could buy these too, and either throw their purchases into the arena, or hold onto them and use them from the stands themselves (Hapah had a rifle and made money by getting paid to shoot at contestants).

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21626 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:17 pm »

@PW
... head over to the test chamber for some testing on the burning power of my doom arms.
There's no-one in there with him. No one made an action saying "Go into the test room with the guy about to totally wreck the shit out of stuff and stand around waiting to be hit by shrapnel and other friendly fire." :P

Unfortunately. :(

This makes me kinda sad that I missed the chance to test stuff in the rec room with bunches of innocent(?) bystanders back when there was no better place for it.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21627 on: September 01, 2015, 05:00:24 pm »

As a practicing rec room tester, I feel your pain.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21628 on: September 01, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »

Great, so thats 2 already.

4 would be a perfect number for me, as would 6, though an audience to participate would also be fantastic, if anyone could find the time to drop by and throw bottles at people.

EDIT. @piecewise, as this would kinda be a fangame, or at least some sort of unofficial part2 (if it's ok with you, I'd love to use the format and game you mae, and call it a different, slightly changed season), would this be posted in ER or elsewhere?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:45:58 pm by NJW2000 »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21629 on: September 01, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »

I'd play.
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 2205