Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494867 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21585 on: August 30, 2015, 05:30:16 pm »

There was a 1st ed?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: August 30, 2015, 05:32:34 pm »

Well, there was 1 ed. ruleset, before the Sudden Reality Shift.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21587 on: August 30, 2015, 05:33:56 pm »

I have no problem with people continuing projects I stopped or using the ER universe for stuff.
Speaking of which: any plans to release ER core rulebook 2 ed. any time soon? Because I've wanted to try my hand at Steve'ing on a Sword's sister ship for ages, be it contemporary to ER proper or in the past, before ARM & stuff.

(I still have friends who couldn't get into ER because of the language barrier, so I'd like to bring the game to them instead. Poor, unsuspecting souls.)
I dunno, beyond those basic rules of character gen you could probably just RTD through everything.

I make up new systems and ways of rolling as we go anyways. Not like I have a roll table available for every possible instance.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:36:11 pm by piecewise »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21588 on: August 30, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »

If you want to run an ER game, you can always say it occurs in VR. That was my plan for the ER game I was thinking of running in the past.
That way you don't have to deal with manip overloads and unknown nyars artefacts not acting the way they should. Only standard equipment and any modifications to it via handiwork are certain to work as they should.
The other way around the problem is saying it takes place in some sort of reality bending anomaly, like that anomaly exploration game piecewise tried in Limbo once.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21589 on: August 30, 2015, 05:39:06 pm »

Man, that pyramid I was in on that Limbo game was freaky.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #21590 on: August 30, 2015, 05:40:41 pm »

Hmm... what else do I have around here?

A chair.
A stick of glue.
A few pens.
A slice of Stilton cheese.
A hologram of life on a reef.
A mouse mat that is also a calculator and a radio.
A mug with my name on it, missing a handle.
A sample of iron pyrite.
A combination padlock.
A crappy little refraction telescope.
A rubber.
A stack of scrap paper.
A music stand.
Lego. Lots of Lego.
A pair of slippers.
A shirt with the Standard Model equations printed on it.
Spoiler: Equations (click to show/hide)
A reading light.
An old rucksack.
Some geodes.
A spider plant.
Two cornsnakes
Three goldfish.
A few small coins.
A pillow.
An old exercise book for Spanish class. (I can no longer read it. A combination of not doing Spanish for five years and my handwriting.)
A pair of old trainers.
A smoke detector.
A half built DNA model.
A radio/CD player/Tape player.
A roll of duct tape.
A lump of coal with a fossilized fern in it.
A ceramic Amanita muscaria.
Spoiler: Amanita muscaria (click to show/hide)
Most of what Terry Pratchett wrote.
A box of Cornish Clotted Cream Toffees.
An old CRT monitor.
An old LCD monitor.
A small lump of obsidian.
An amethyst cluster.
Socks.
A lava lamp.
More Lego.
An empty mug.
A tie.
A C size battery.
A camera
A poster with the northern constellations on it.

...My room is full of stuff.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #21591 on: August 30, 2015, 05:44:52 pm »

(I still have friends who couldn't get into ER because of the language barrier, so I'd like to bring the game to them instead. Poor, unsuspecting souls.)

Cue "Poor unfortunate souls" from Little Mermaid. Can't help it, sorry man.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21592 on: August 30, 2015, 05:47:04 pm »

@Piecewise
Well, I know for certain that there are those nifty tables for hot-drops with enemy AA active. And then others.

Last time I asked (back in 1st ed.) you said you just had to converge all the notes, tables, side rules and fluff into semi-coherent document, and then it'd probably be ready for use by others. So maybe, maybe, sometime before 3rd or 4th ed. you would have the time to do it... A man can dream, right?

@Paris
Thanks for the ideas, but I don't mind any problems with manip overloads and xeno-trickery Fun. It'd be all half-heretic by virtue of Steve necessarily being less 'Steve' than usually (because who can play Steve better than Piecewise? No one!), so I don't think it would matter a lot. Continuity is a bitch, of course, but that can be dealt with too. Still, thanks for the ideas.

@Comrade
Oooh! I'll have it playing if I ever get to planning first mission for that game. :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21593 on: August 30, 2015, 05:51:34 pm »

@Piecewise
Well, I know for certain that there are those nifty tables for hot-drops with enemy AA active. And then others.

Last time I asked (back in 1st ed.) you said you just had to converge all the notes, tables, side rules and fluff into semi-coherent document, and then it'd probably be ready for use by others. So maybe, maybe, sometime before 3rd or 4th ed. you would have the time to do it... A man can dream, right?

@Paris
Thanks for the ideas, but I don't mind any problems with manip overloads and xeno-trickery Fun. It'd be all half-heretic by virtue of Steve necessarily being less 'Steve' than usually (because who can play Steve better than Piecewise? No one!), so I don't think it would matter a lot. Continuity is a bitch, of course, but that can be dealt with too. Still, thanks for the ideas.

@Comrade
Oooh! I'll have it playing if I ever get to planning first mission for that game. :P
I'll try to do something.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #21594 on: August 30, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »

Disney villain songs are good for this stuff, man. Take, I dunno, Be Prepared from Lion King, or Friends on the Other side from Princess and the Frog. Any evil stuff you plan, you can plan with these playing in the background. These two also qualify as "Evil GM songs", at least in my book.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21595 on: August 30, 2015, 07:44:14 pm »

I'm about to post the thread for this in the RTD board, so if you wanna jump in and get a first spot, keep an eye out.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21596 on: August 31, 2015, 08:06:07 pm »

So, my attacks can cause collateral damage over an entire room? EXCELLENT!

...I may need to look into investing in a better suit though.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: August 31, 2015, 08:41:11 pm »

Oooh I just had an idea.

Steal the skin off of cthukan`s arms then hook it up to a nutrient feed and wear them as sleeves.
The Ivan treatment should protect the skin from you, but if you only wear it up to your wrists you can still blast people with your doom hands.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21598 on: September 01, 2015, 05:32:56 am »

you could advance upwards through the ceiling with a few cuts of Han's monomachete
Can they though? I thought the problem with monoatomic razors and implements based on similar technology was that they can not stab, they can only chop.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21599 on: September 01, 2015, 05:56:27 am »

you could advance upwards through the ceiling with a few cuts of Han's monomachete
Can they though? I thought the problem with monoatomic razors and implements based on similar technology was that they can not stab, they can only chop.
That's why I gave him the Aster-Ex, he has +2 uncon, he can handle it, right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 2205