Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493530 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21405 on: August 25, 2015, 12:15:48 pm »

No, my CPU is quite unprotected, I even have McAfee Security :P

But I'll ask my dad to clean it out sometime and see if the problems persist. He'll enjoy doing that.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21406 on: August 25, 2015, 12:21:37 pm »

Loaded Lyra Arden (my character)'s page on the wiki and checked what I have currently blocked and allowed via RequestPolicy:
Blocked Sites:
optimizely.com
google-analytics.com (I see this almost everywhere, it's safe but I block it because it's not needed for the site to run)
scorecardresearch.com (see this all over the place too)
quantserve.com (another known safe one, and occasionally needed for a site to work but not usually)
s3.amazonaws.com (same as above)
googletagservices.com (same as google analytics)
krxd.net
Allowed Sites:
nocookie.net (hosts the background and images)
wikia-beacon.com (not necessary but associated with wikia.com so I allow it to avoid potential unexpected weirdness)

EDIT:
Actually, I appear to be blocking wikia-beacon.com, AND allowing wikia-beacon.com at the same time. there might be some impersonation or other wierdness going on there.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:33:15 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21407 on: August 25, 2015, 02:18:10 pm »

Note that adds and such might be giving the problems, and wiki gnomes cannot really change that, they come from wikia (hosting site). It's how they pay for everything so we don't have to!

Its fine for my mobile, btw. Except few images load as its a brick, and the random page always links to cam eyes.
I find this really funny for some reason.

"Wanna see a random page? But, like, maybe you wanna read about cameyes again just in case? I mean, have I adequately told you about cameyes yet?"

I use Internet Explorer actually...
Ah, I've seen that problem before, and I believe there's a fix:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But seriously, have you tried another browser?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21408 on: August 25, 2015, 02:20:33 pm »

Internet Explorer is the only browser I have on my main computer. I think there's a different one on my laptop, so I'll try there.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21409 on: August 25, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »

And I use firefox. And hate cameyes. It is unfair. I don't think there are even many links on the cameyes page not on the homepage.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21410 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »

Internet Explorer is the only browser I have on my main computer. I think there's a different one on my laptop, so I'll try there.

Yeah, I'd upgrade to Chrome or Firefox.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21411 on: August 25, 2015, 06:01:20 pm »

Wow, I just remembered that my purchases were either wiki'd before PW confirmed them, or less than 5 minutes after. Which was it, anyone know?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21412 on: August 25, 2015, 06:54:52 pm »

Hm, if you smuggled a brain and a manipulator to Xan, you could get a very nice profit, I think (far more than 3 token it cost you initially). Too bad that plan hinges on OOC knowledge of who Xan currently is, his restriction on amps/manips use, and, oh, such a little detail as evading Steve's and Gen.Miyamoto's attention. But hey, mega-profit!  :P
Wait, why would I pay a lot for a basic microwave manip?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21413 on: August 25, 2015, 07:21:10 pm »

Hm, if you smuggled a brain and a manipulator to Xan, you could get a very nice profit, I think (far more than 3 token it cost you initially). Too bad that plan hinges on OOC knowledge of who Xan currently is, his restriction on amps/manips use, and, oh, such a little detail as evading Steve's and Gen.Miyamoto's attention. But hey, mega-profit!  :P
Wait, why would I pay a lot for a basic microwave manip?

Because that's space magic smuggled to you, who is banned from any space magic? Also, if you can manage acquiring such an item discreetly (=without Steve noticing), I'm sure you can manage poking inside it just as discreetly - and I am pretty sure your new chassis is finely equipped for you to rework and absorb that manip, ripping out the external controls and effectively turning it into an amp. An amp which you have just thoroughly investigated for the source/reason of all space magic (because hey, it's not like it's going to make matters worse at this point, and that's an opportunity of a lifetime)...

... still not worth its weight in tokens?  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21414 on: August 25, 2015, 07:54:07 pm »

So will the investigation take place before, or after Xan becomes an uncontrollable eldritch abomination (more so than usual, I mean) who will likely require the involvement of the Armory Master to destroy, or possibly cause the destruction of the Sword and everyone on it?  :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21415 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:04 pm »

See, it kinda is sorta (not sure what you mean by probe for space magic origin), but I need a different amp for my ultimate purpose. And I don't think it can be a manip.

Maybe after some thought, I'm in a low functioning cognitive state right now due to being at work.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21416 on: August 26, 2015, 04:09:55 am »

Anyone know if the ERverse has the technology to create a relatively strong static charge on an object, either negative or positive, cheaply, if the object is well insulated?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21417 on: August 26, 2015, 07:10:30 am »

maybe the elemental infuser?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21418 on: August 26, 2015, 08:25:34 am »

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.
BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THIS MAN. HEIGHT 5'8", WEIGHT 165, CAUCASIAN MALE, DISTINCT SCAR ON HIS LEFT SHOULDER. WANTED IN CONNECTION TO SEVERAL ACTS OF TREASON AND MURDER
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

From his dead man running game. This is part of the ER-verse, right? I know its kinda stupid, but could this guy be the rogue agent from mission 5? Were there any other clues in Dead man running? THe commercial breaks all seem to be jokes except this one.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21419 on: August 26, 2015, 08:30:09 am »

Probably not, since DMR is from the very distant past in relation to the current ER time. They banned it due to irresponsible use of alien artifacts even before the Altered Wars began.
Pages: 1 ... 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 ... 2205