Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1418 1419 [1420] 1421 1422 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491982 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #21285 on: August 21, 2015, 02:20:15 pm »

Well, you know what you're working on in Tinker after getting back to the ship. One way or the other.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21286 on: August 21, 2015, 02:21:28 pm »

Okay then, my finalized crazy backup plan in case the "shoot things" plan fails:
Use monoatomic blade (or Dubley's handiwork) to remove kinamps from fists.
Duct tape them to automated mapping drone along with claymores.
Fly them up the hole.
Shoot at claymores to detonate, thus sending the kinamp upwards at high speed.
Kin-amp enhanced shock-wave hopefully makes a big hole and we can hopefully dodge the debris.

If we have too little time and Xan revives Lyra, this can be shortened to:
Cut off hands. (Duct tape some claymores on them if there is time.)
Have Lyra tenekinetically shoot them at the hole. (Detonate claymores if possible.)

And if we have too little time... Well, I can always find out how well people outside a battlesuit can survive a shockwave...

This would be so much easier if battlesuits had detachable rocket powered fists...
I should mention that thanks to the magic of force-squaring (not kin. energy, though; that would indeed give velocity a hand over mass, whereas with force they are equal), powerfisting with all the mass of a battlesuit behind it should still be far more powerful than just using space magic and explosions to accelerate the fists. That's the reason they are not detachable.
(I think.)

Now, though, there is a question of whether a kin-amp sandwich would be more efficient than separate punches, or not...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21287 on: August 21, 2015, 03:23:20 pm »

That treatment's already worth it! Shame I managed to miss out on talking limbs, but the visions are certainly very interesting, and bring to mind several things I had not yet considered.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21288 on: August 21, 2015, 04:14:28 pm »

NJW, I think Piecewise meant that making the stim into a pill would have the same effect as just a stim.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21289 on: August 21, 2015, 04:34:24 pm »

Ah, thanks. You can still sell stuff back to the armoury, right, for the same price if its unused?
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21290 on: August 21, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »

Ah, thanks. You can still sell stuff back to the armoury, right, for the same price if its unused?
yas!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21291 on: August 21, 2015, 04:55:13 pm »

Thanks.
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21292 on: August 22, 2015, 01:54:29 am »

Hmm, that could be interpreted as Altered were trying to find something. The red star? The white planetoid?

The Coordinates?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21293 on: August 22, 2015, 02:36:35 am »

You adjust your cameras, but it's not possible to watch all the feeds at the same time. You have to keep shifting your gaze from one to another.
Check if you can do the mechwarrior thing! Get all camera feeds combined into one panoramic view, and squished into a single screen's feed - it's terrible for seeing details, and it's hard to get used to, but it allows to see movement around you quickly, and that's what's important.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21294 on: August 22, 2015, 03:25:19 am »

You adjust your cameras, but it's not possible to watch all the feeds at the same time. You have to keep shifting your gaze from one to another.
Check if you can do the mechwarrior thing! Get all camera feeds combined into one panoramic view, and squished into a single screen's feed - it's terrible for seeing details, and it's hard to get used to, but it allows to see movement around you quickly, and that's what's important.

Good idea, but with potential to fuck up my cameras altogether. Might break the suit with bad roll too.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21295 on: August 22, 2015, 05:12:27 am »

Good idea, but with potential to fuck up my cameras altogether. Might break the suit with bad roll too.

Note that this is exactly why we have a designated tech-support auxiliary programmer on the mission team. Unless Pancaek needs his help (which I doubt), Konrad could be contacted to remotely help with setting the video feeds.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21296 on: August 22, 2015, 06:20:50 am »

I'll try to do it on next turn if nothing else requires my attention, but I'm not sure if Ulrich knows Konrad's skills.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21297 on: August 22, 2015, 03:07:25 pm »

Took my TEAS today.

Scored in the 99th percentile for my program and 98th for the nation.

The questions in the practice booklet seem to be written much more poorly  then the actual test.  I think there might be some sort of conspiracy here; make the practice test harder so that people get worried and buy extra practice materials. Clever.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21298 on: August 22, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

That's awesome dude! Congrats! =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21299 on: August 22, 2015, 03:22:16 pm »

Congrats! I googled TEAS, and the first result was a sponsored ad for practice materials. You might be on to something there.
Pages: 1 ... 1418 1419 [1420] 1421 1422 ... 2205