Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491116 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20745 on: August 03, 2015, 04:31:44 pm »

Your backstory looks fine, and that would work stay/skill-wise. Coincidentally, I had a backup character planned with a nearly identical backstory.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20746 on: August 03, 2015, 04:42:24 pm »

Really? Sorry to step on your toes... Still, I know I'm going out anyway, so better put it to use. What was your one?

@Spazyak: You go, boy! Don't let anyone stop you! Just do it, don't let your schizomurder-dreams be dreams!
One wheel short of a wagon

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20747 on: August 03, 2015, 04:53:38 pm »

Can you wait for Petra to get back so she can loot 6 tokens off your melting puddle of flesh?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20748 on: August 03, 2015, 04:55:48 pm »

Can you wait for Petra to get back so she can loot 6 tokens off your melting puddle of flesh?
who knows we may become quivering monstrosity that eats people and gains their powers. Wonder what happens if you put red moss and a friable wish into the pill machine
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20749 on: August 03, 2015, 04:57:19 pm »

I meant from when Pancaek amps you to death for trying something like that in a crowded room again. Or just to stop the monstrosity you become from killing anyone important.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20750 on: August 03, 2015, 05:09:24 pm »

I meant from when Pancaek amps you to death for trying something like that in a crowded room again. Or just to stop the monstrosity you become from killing anyone important.
First I have to remove one pest from Cuthukan, I probably won't do anything crazy. I like the cuthukan body.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20751 on: August 03, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »

The mission title is now called Hero Killer, maybe it only kills heroes. EVERYONE PUNCH A BABY!
I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20752 on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:24 pm »

The mission title is now called Hero Killer, maybe it only kills heroes. EVERYONE PUNCH A BABY!
I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE
I SHOULD"VE GONE!  I"M NOT A HERO BUT Y)OUR EVERYDAY PSYCOPATH!!!!!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: August 03, 2015, 05:12:26 pm »

Forgot to mention, can I sig this?
Sigtext!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20754 on: August 03, 2015, 05:32:14 pm »

Really? Sorry to step on your toes... Still, I know I'm going out anyway, so better put it to use. What was your one?
It's fine, I have a few other backups. That backup wasn't particularly interesting, just a VR enthusiast who eventually lost the ability to distinguish "reality" from an RPG, and behaved accordingly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20755 on: August 03, 2015, 05:34:56 pm »

(Tired after day of working 12+ hours, so this might be curt or stupid.)

Now, normally I do try not to discuss plans in ooc when our characters wouldn't be able to (they have to make a snap decision often based on incomplete info, so not discussing it seems less meta-gamey) but for now I'll break that rule due to the... severity of the situation.

Now, I've thought about ways of defeating an arbiter before quite a bit, and 'limiting his mobility', while sounding nice, isn't the best idea right now I think, for the following reason:

The arbiter points one hand in your direction and a set of thin metal cables dart out, flying down toward you. You hop back, out of their way, and they hit and embed themselves in the ground. Everything hangs for a moment before the cables snap taunt and suddenly the arbiter is flying toward you, its club swinging in weird patterns, shockwaves bursting in slow motion around it.

They can use their cables to very quickly zip around. So I don't think pushing him in the air will really work all that much. As for even hitting him with an amp, when renen asked how to defend against amps doc basically said "you can hit them before they finish their thought". And arbiters are just as fast. I doubt one'd even be able to hit a moving/dodging arbiter with any sort of non-AoE, barring exceptionel skills/gear (eg Renen body) or something like it. And I do think he'll be able to spot Lyra, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have something like cameyes-but-better installed. It might even spot the movement of the air molecules when she moves.

This, of course, all assumes it won't be hit by some sort of Worf effect.

((Incidentally, amazing how people say IC they'll follow every order to the letter, yet fail to follow simple instructions at the first real sign of trouble. :v ))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:09:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20756 on: August 03, 2015, 05:40:22 pm »

So basically... we need an avatar of Steve. Or more specifically, they need one, as I'm safe at the shuttle in someone else's body :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20757 on: August 03, 2015, 06:43:42 pm »

Oh man, that's a dramatic update to come back to. O.o   
I'd totally save the day if I wasn't, you know, dead.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20758 on: August 03, 2015, 08:23:01 pm »

Problem with the Avatar of Steve idea:

1) Unless there was some sort of announcement, Lars has no IC knowledge of it
2) I don't know what kind of shape Lars is even in

That said, he'd be totally down with the idea if there was no better option.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20759 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:27 am »

I think Steve's remote control chip was installed in everyone's brain at some point of time. Sounds like you would know if something like that happened.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 2205