Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491734 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20715 on: August 03, 2015, 10:27:37 am »

Probably some longstanding character is gonna take it deep.

Kinda regretting the whole Tea Candy incident as it stopped me going on a real mission.
One wheel short of a wagon

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20716 on: August 03, 2015, 10:36:53 am »

Now, I can't really check the wiki for this because of my terrible internet. But, are there many powerful amp users in the room that are not severely injured? I doubt it would be this easy, but what if all the amp users just work in unison and freeze it solid. Then, someone just smashes it, as it would probably be very brittle at low temperatures.

All I am thinking is that if it can somehow be killed, while still keeping the room and colony intact, and people alive. There would probably be some serious research value in whatever is found within the crate and elsewhere.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20717 on: August 03, 2015, 11:02:02 am »

A nuke in an enclosed space might be rather more difficult to contain, as well.

I'm going to go with Airblast, but also arming the nuke and and letting Miya have the code.  That said, if Lars is dead/too injured, nuking is out anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20718 on: August 03, 2015, 11:08:44 am »

Well, if no one contains it, the sword can just glass the planet from orbit right?  :P

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20719 on: August 03, 2015, 11:11:37 am »

Toaster, I would rewrite the Lyra action, as right now it could be interpreted as not immobilizing the target, in my opinion.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20720 on: August 03, 2015, 11:17:39 am »

Could change it to "while staying concealed and invisible, levitate the enemy and the area around it and if I hit him, then try to hold him still." because if it moves quickly, she will miss. AoE attacks are more likely to hit, even though they will probably allow it to continue firing shockwaves. But at that point all you need is for someone to get a good hit in its chest or at least on its weapon. You don't need to penetrate his armour to help, you can just limit its offensive capabilities. There's also a chance it will try to use its grav amp to counteract the effects of her mass amp, so he probably won't stay there forever, but the momentary stumble might be enough to allow for a few good shots.

EDIT: Maybe also add a clause to relocate and keep moving, because even if the AoP doesn't see her and assumes one of the others in the group is using space magic, it might try to spam the area around the elevator.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:21:35 am by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20721 on: August 03, 2015, 11:29:49 am »

I wonder how the Arbiter survived the melting pulse things. Do they have any fleshy bits inside?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20722 on: August 03, 2015, 11:31:34 am »

They're completely mechanical. Even their brain. (They're the most advanced non-organic AI humanity has.)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20723 on: August 03, 2015, 11:32:07 am »

Oh boy.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20724 on: August 03, 2015, 11:38:05 am »

They're completely mechanical. Even their brain. (They're the most advanced non-organic AI humanity has.)
It and its weapon is actually made by the Doc. The Doc copied an organic brain into it, an organic brain of someone he knew. Or of himself.
Which is why my action involves asking Steve about it in a roundabout way, since I have no IC knowledge of it. The Doc might have a way to shut them down or know of some sort of weakness or maybe even some words that would elicit some kind of response from them. He seems like the man paranoid enough to make a failsafe.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20725 on: August 03, 2015, 11:50:00 am »

Good call on the action; edited accordingly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20726 on: August 03, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »

It and its weapon is actually made by the Doc. The Doc copied an organic brain into it, an organic brain of someone he knew. Or of himself.
Which is why my action involves asking Steve about it in a roundabout way, since I have no IC knowledge of it. The Doc might have a way to shut them down or know of some sort of weakness or maybe even some words that would elicit some kind of response from them. He seems like the man paranoid enough to make a failsafe.

Oh, THAT solution. Yeah, there is no way your character should be able to ask the right question.

Now, Brother Lars, on the other hand.......

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20727 on: August 03, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »

Ok, you guys are gonna have to start telling me how far or how close you're getting to any of these frozen people. In feet, meters, whatever.
This is what we call a "bad sign" or "red flag" or whatever other term you want to use.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20728 on: August 03, 2015, 12:13:12 pm »

Now, Brother Lars, on the other hand.......

Lars hasn't plumbed the depths of his mind, though, so not everything that he "knows" is known.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20729 on: August 03, 2015, 12:18:06 pm »

"Hero Killer". Lars might want to become an Avatar of Steve, as that might actually improve his survival rates since otherwise the AoP will see him as the most dangerous target and in the next moment Brother Lars is no more. To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm just glad I'm not there.

Either that or the less-experienced people accept that role and the brain/physical damage with chances at perma-death for a shot at being a hero.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 2205