Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491610 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19830 on: July 10, 2015, 06:49:09 pm »

Stand several feet away whenever you do anything space-magicy, and we're fine.
Henk dose space magic already , at this point if anita survives, she is screwed to forever fear everything.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19831 on: July 10, 2015, 06:50:38 pm »

I'm a bit wary of reading older ER missions, because you know, abyss looks into you, and all that.
Don't be. They are classy, and cool, and have that very charming 'innocent' feel of "young game". The first time the AM killed someone. The first time the Doctor turned someone into a monster. The first time we heard of UWM, of the Altered. The first time someone overloaded a manipulator. The first time someone loaded Tinker and created a deathtube.

It's like comparing a woman of fully bloomed beauty to her earlier teenage self: awkward, angular, thin. Innocent, young and, in her own, not quite sexually attractive way, charming.
I am biased, I guess.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19832 on: July 10, 2015, 06:53:31 pm »

The early missions are quite a lot of fun to read really. Nobody had any idea what was going on, and some of the on ship shenanigans were extremely funny to read.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19833 on: July 10, 2015, 06:59:07 pm »

The early missions are quite a lot of fun to read really. Nobody had any idea what was going on, and some of the on ship shenanigans were extremely funny to read.

I personally like vr shennanagins like "Enter Debug:AM Parameter 999% Lust" myself :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19834 on: July 10, 2015, 07:03:39 pm »

I doubt whatever happens of this will be TOO horrible, just in a "anyone in the room needs to roll to dodge nastiness" sort of way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19835 on: July 10, 2015, 07:04:39 pm »

Still beating them with their own arms though
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19836 on: July 10, 2015, 07:08:07 pm »

A move I endorse!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19837 on: July 10, 2015, 07:18:46 pm »

It's definitely an ARM-y way of punishing someone.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19838 on: July 10, 2015, 07:28:36 pm »

Heh, this might be the firs test of the Panic Room :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19839 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »

Edit: in re: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Einsteinian_Roulette_Wiki:Sandbox/TempCS

Last I checked, Milno was in the briefing room as well. He, Vincent, and Dester were conversing about the Joker mission right before he made his announcement, and he never posted an action to move elsewhere.

Pancaek was in the Briefing room, but he posted an action to break Henk's arm via amp, so he might be either in the rec room, or on the way there.

Edit 2: what's the Nyartifact the HB's Chief ha? I don't see that on the Nyars page anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:43:57 pm by Ozarck »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19840 on: July 10, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »

I just skimmed mission 15.

Dear God.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19841 on: July 10, 2015, 08:10:45 pm »

Edit: in re: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Einsteinian_Roulette_Wiki:Sandbox/TempCS

Last I checked, Milno was in the briefing room as well. He, Vincent, and Dester were conversing about the Joker mission right before he made his announcement, and he never posted an action to move elsewhere.

Pancaek was in the Briefing room, but he posted an action to break Henk's arm via amp, so he might be either in the rec room, or on the way there.

Edit 2: what's the Nyartifact the HB's Chief ha? I don't see that on the Nyars page anywhere.
This is a temporary cheat sheet of all people who posted an action during the Friable Wish incident of 10 July 2015, grouped by their location.
But sure, I'll add them later. Or you can add them, if you want.

And Harry's artifact is of the old system. Check the final gold here: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/index.php#Gold

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19842 on: July 10, 2015, 08:51:35 pm »

This is a temporary cheat sheet of all people who posted an action during the Friable Wish incident of 10 July 2015, grouped by their location.
But sure, I'll add them later. Or you can add them, if you want.

And Harry's artifact is of the old system. Check the final gold here: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/index.php#Gold
Thanks. I figured location was more important than action at this point, because all actions were canceled, and location was requested. where would Pancaek go?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19843 on: July 10, 2015, 09:18:48 pm »

True, but I'm too lazy to bother tracking down everyone who might be somewhere. I commend you on and admire you for your effort to do so. But I just went with whatever someone posted and didn't bother to check, hoping they'd be honest.

Anyway, that's a judgement call. Choose whatever you think is best.
My personal opinion follows.
Now, normally, Pancaek should had followed them as they went out of the room to the Rec Room so that he could break his arm as instructed. On the other hand, Spaz would had had to go to the Armory to make the request that would get his arm broken. Finally, Pancaek is faster than them. If he had followed them immediately after they left the briefing room, then he would had had time to break their arm in the Rec Room, or at least rolled initiative for it. Therefore, it's best to assume he was in the briefing room as the turn started, possibly close to the door. Therefore, he should be put in the briefing room, since it is the simplest and best (for him) solution to the problem. Unless he indicates he wants otherwise (indicates he is in the rec room and is trying to hurt spazyak, thus giving him a chance to stop... whatever this is).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:20:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19844 on: July 10, 2015, 09:41:22 pm »

True, but I'm too lazy to bother tracking down everyone who might be somewhere. I commend you on and admire you for your effort to do so. But I just went with whatever someone posted and didn't bother to check, hoping they'd be honest.

Anyway, that's a judgement call. Choose whatever you think is best.
My personal opinion follows.
Now, normally, Pancaek should had followed them as they went out of the room to the Rec Room so that he could break his arm as instructed. On the other hand, Spaz would had had to go to the Armory to make the request that would get his arm broken. Finally, Pancaek is faster than them. If he had followed them immediately after they left the briefing room, then he would had had time to break their arm in the Rec Room, or at least rolled initiative for it. Therefore, it's best to assume he was in the briefing room as the turn started, possibly close to the door. Therefore, he should be put in the briefing room, since it is the simplest and best (for him) solution to the problem. Unless he indicates he wants otherwise (indicates he is in the rec room and is trying to hurt spazyak, thus giving him a chance to stop... whatever this is).
I was pulled aside in the recroom when I asked to watch anita and see how the injection has altered her performance and when I had the mini tea freak out
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 2205