Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490027 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19740 on: July 09, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »

List finished, confirming team size with Piecewise (trying to squeeze in one more character).
Manuel?
If Manuel doesn't get chosen, it(he? do hands have gender?) can always sneak in Mission 22 by hiding inside Vanessa's body...
If I had been selected for the anomaly mission, I was gonna snatch up Manuel and toss him in my backpack.

Was planning on getting a net or something and hunting down Manuel to turn into a scout drone thing. (Severed hands don't have rights!)
And I'll check with Milno first.
That would be hilarious and possibly catastrophic. I'm torn, because I want Dester to have the best chance I can give him of living through this.

Looks like they're making a Forever War movie: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1307468/
Looks meh. I just hope they don't follow up with a Forever Peace movie.

What would Anita's accent be, then? Text's green with a red glow.
Christmas Elf.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: July 09, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »

I have yet to decide on any particular formatting for Gus' interactions. I guess his accent would fall somewhere within the umbrella of "General American" accents, probably bearing similarities to that of someone from mid to southern Missouri.

His speech pattern, though, is considerably less "standard", as he often slurs and mashes together words (whassit, whosit, thankya, sumsuch, etc).

I have no idea how imply all of this through font and color choice, though misspelling words seems to do the trick when it comes to the dialect. My brain personally defaults to a general midwestern accent and dialect when I read plain text, but I know this isn't the case for everyone.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: July 09, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »

I imagine Anita's accent like a U.S. accent, specifically New York City.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: July 09, 2015, 05:36:57 pm »

Heres my counteroffer.

Current write-up for the way the pill machine will work. Made some concessions to allow more breathing room for experimenting.

• The machine stays with either Nyars. Miyamoto or someone he appoints/his replacement can request it back from him. Other than that, it does not leave Nyars’ possession.
  • To make a pill, you bring ingredients to Nyars, he takes them and makes a pill, then gives that pill to you.
  • After paying a token, you may make 5 pills (token goes to team fund). The first 5 pills, whatever they are made of, are free though (only 5 free pills per person, no making pills for free for someone else). A pill counts after it is made, even if it is never used.
  • You may only produce 3 pills at a time, to produce more you must either use a pill or pay 1 token to the team fund for another 3.
  • No space magic (amps, manips, ‘black box’ tech) goes into a pill. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis, and Nyars /Steve will determine what can be considered safe enough to allow making a pill. Miya can veto a pill if need be. This is mainly to prevent another Gratesplosion, getting yourself killed is your own problem.
  • Don’t assume you get your pill until PW confirms it in your action.
  • You can pm your ingredients to PW if you want to keep them secret. However, the fact you are making a pill should still be put into your bolded action in the thread, to allow tracking how many one has made.
  • Miyamoto is explicitly made aware of what ingredients went into what pill and what the result was. The idea isn’t to undercut people once they’ve found a profitable combination, but to ensure the information isn’t lost IC upon a character’s death.
  • Failure to comply to the spirit of the law will end in tears and sorrow.
  • If Hep people want the machine back, we’ll send it back, but it’d be nice if they then also ensure it’ll actually be used.
  • If anything was missed , it’ll be added when needed. These rules can be subject to change.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:43:46 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: July 09, 2015, 06:00:12 pm »

Could I toss my nyartifact balaclava into a pill?...
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: July 09, 2015, 06:01:27 pm »

Could I make my nyartifact pill into a pill? And what would this do?
One wheel short of a wagon

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: July 09, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »

Can you legally turn fellow inmates into pills? Nobody said it was illegal, so I'm going to assume it's allowed.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19747 on: July 09, 2015, 06:06:01 pm »

SPACE MAGIC NOPE

Also I made a poster for the soon-to-follow Einsteinian Roulette film which PW is secretly negotiating rights for

Spoiler:  warning fuckhueg(a4) (click to show/hide)

More viewable on smaller screens
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: July 09, 2015, 06:07:11 pm »

I wonder what would happen if someone turned a laser rifle into a pill. What would the effect be?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: July 09, 2015, 06:07:48 pm »

There should be a contest for this!
Spoiler:  warning fuckhueg(a4) (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: July 09, 2015, 06:08:11 pm »

I wonder what would happen if someone turned a laser rifle into a pill. What would the effect be?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-butt-j
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: July 09, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »

I'm just going to assume that since I've been through 3 missions at this point, somewhere along the line I found out about what nyars actually does (when I got mine, my character had no idea that it was a nyartifact). I think I'm going to experiment to actually see what it does
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: July 09, 2015, 06:21:22 pm »

SPACE MAGIC NOPE
Unless you ask Miya pretty please, that is.

Also, now I want that poster printed out and hanged on a wall in my room! It's so cool!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: July 09, 2015, 06:22:45 pm »

There should be a contest for this!
Is this an invitation for terribly photoshopped posters?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: July 09, 2015, 08:18:55 pm »

Oh by the way I saw the point of Nik and Vanessa now talks in blue.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 2205