Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489991 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19725 on: July 09, 2015, 02:34:55 pm »

I was gonna lend Yancy the cash but since someone already did it... And then someone else asks me for a loan. Xael's lucky my interest rates aren't a leg and a arm since she can keep the leg.

In the ER movie: Milno ends up portrayed by a forty-something actor who was a farmer in a place that looks too much like current Texas.
If you wanted my ARM you should have asked!
We've got plenty of spares. :P

Henk would be a nameless extra who gets beheaded by Pan in a Training Montage.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: July 09, 2015, 02:53:16 pm »

I think Henk would be portrayed as a nice, polite, a bit shy, slightly eccentric  guy who'd invite his new revolutionary acquaintances to share a nice hot cup of coffee.

Because coffee product placement pays better.  :P
Good point.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:36 pm »

"Confirmed, General. Ready when you say!"
Isn't the voice sort of betraying her (at least, casting certain unwanted suspicions)? Wouldn't she at least try synthesising a new voice, since she's in a robobody now, so probably can (and it's more difficult to keep the voice the same as it was before, rather than have it different)? Or am I missing something?

(I presume this is open channel, and expected to be heard by other troopers; certainly, I cannot imagine Xan the Brooding Lord being that openly enthusiastic for the sake of it.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19728 on: July 09, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

Do the colours mean voice or accent? I was always under the impression that they were accents. Hence why Steve talks with a northern green accent. So two people talking in the same or similar colours might mean they share a similar cultural background.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:21 pm »

Do the colours mean voice or accent? I was always under the impression that they were accents. Hence why Steve talks with a northern green accent. So two people talking in the same or similar colours might mean they share a similar cultural background.
Yeah, this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: July 09, 2015, 03:28:23 pm »

Yep, voice and accent, I think (and, funnily enough, it is established that they do really speak in colors in this universe, and that isn't just a gimmick of our perception based on the medium, because indeed by Word of Piecewise Steve has northern green accent :P).
It's fine; people occasionally have similarly colored voices in ER and that's not really a problem or direct evidence. The real problem is that it is slightly suspicious right after a person with a similar accent disappeared (and some even say, was taken to the infirmary) - and Xan cannot afford suspicious right now. He's running a very tight game, that with the new persona and all, and his opponents would need but a justification to declare they have found out who he really is - and so, he probably has to avoid any and absolutely all suspicious things that can be used as that justification. It's kinda like Light/L relationship was: detective's gut knows who's the killer, so there must be absolutely no actual evidence left, even circumstantial, or he is done for.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: July 09, 2015, 03:36:27 pm »

What's a "northern" accent even mean in ER? In the real world there are dozens of northern accents. Now there are thousands upon thousands of planets, with dozens of accents apiece, including a few northern ones.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19732 on: July 09, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »

Maybe 'Green' denotes a world of origin instead, perhaps?
Or 'North' is a planet/habitation station instead.

Or it's all inscrutable to us. That's a mighty fine reason, too.
Past Sigs

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19733 on: July 09, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

What would Anita's accent be, then? Text's green with a red glow.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: July 09, 2015, 03:44:04 pm »

I've always liked the implication different colors are meant to symbolize different accents. The discussion's surfaced a few times already, but reminding people that the ship's supposed to be a chaotic mix of different-sounding accents is always interesting.

@Twin: if you're the first to use it, I suppose it's your call.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: July 09, 2015, 03:53:13 pm »

Oh, one more idea! Since colors are tied to elecro-magnetic waves, and magnetic fields affect those waves, perhaps it's a peculiar condition of similarly-colored accents of people living relatively closer to the northern magnet pole of whatever, rather than southtern. No, I have no idea what I am talking about right now. So, all in all, people with colored accents (like green of Steve) affected more by the northern pole of permeating magnetic field, would speak slightly differently, than by southern. I have no idea whether we have stable magnetic field on the Sword, but Steve is the computer in charge, he can use the electronics to modulate the voice in any way he feels like, including magnetic field alteration (and then, some or all robot people could probably, too, depending on exact speakers of their bodies).

We should do Science upon the physics of colored voices/accents some day.

@Twinwolf It's your call. Though after testing, I confirm that it actually looks very nice and fine, at least against the default (light) theme of this board; some use the dark one instead (probably to keep it uniform with other boards on bay12, or just because they like it), though, so I can't speak for those.
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19736 on: July 09, 2015, 04:02:04 pm »

Northern is higher when you're looking at a map. Which means up. And the sun is up. And the sun is bright. Bright -> Light. Northern green -> light green -> lime green.

I'm not saying it was aliens. But it was aliens.

Or maybe higher -> higher energy. And lime green has higher energy than green.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: July 09, 2015, 04:02:21 pm »

You gonna throw rocks at the accents to test their durability? :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:07 pm »

Might make henks' accent change with his mood/personality. perhaps a nice blueWhen he is normal and sane, and a harsh redWhen he is in one of his kidnappy moods
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:19:56 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: July 09, 2015, 04:15:57 pm »

Current write-up for the way the pill machine will work. Made some concessions to allow more breathing room for experimenting.

• The machine stays with either Nyars. Miyamoto or someone he appoints/his replacement can request it back from him. Other than that, it does not leave Nyars’ possession.
  • To make a pill, you bring ingredients to Nyars, he takes them and makes a pill, then gives that pill to you.
  • After paying a token, you may make 5 pills (token goes to team fund). The first 5 pills, whatever they are made of, are free though (only 5 free pills per person, no making pills for free for someone else). A pill counts after it is made, even if it is never used.
  • No space magic (amps, manips, ‘black box’ tech) goes into a pill. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis, and Nyars /Steve will determine what can be considered safe enough to allow making a pill. Miya can veto a pill if need be. This is mainly to prevent another Gratesplosion, getting yourself killed is your own problem.
  • Don’t assume you get your pill until PW confirms it in your action.
  • You can pm your ingredients to PW if you want to keep them secret. However, the fact you are making a pill should still be put into your bolded action in the thread, to allow tracking how many one has made.
  • Miyamoto is explicitly made aware of what ingredients went into what pill and what the result was. The idea isn’t to undercut people once they’ve found a profitable combination, but to ensure the information isn’t lost IC upon a character’s death.
  • Failure to comply to the spirit of the law will end in tears and sorrow.
  • If Hep people want the machine back, we’ll send it back, but it’d be nice if they then also ensure it’ll actually be used.
  • If anything was missed , it’ll be added when needed. These rules can be subject to change.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 2205