Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488581 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17595 on: June 05, 2015, 01:04:10 pm »

By the way, I noticed in the Armory (while plotting out the equipment for my backup character) that the Universal Amp costs as much as the Matter Converter Amp. Is that an oversight, or is there genuinely no reason to buy the Matter Converter Amp?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17596 on: June 05, 2015, 01:04:50 pm »

Jesus. PW is having a field day, isn't he?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: June 05, 2015, 01:07:28 pm »

By the way, I noticed in the Armory (while plotting out the equipment for my backup character) that the Universal Amp costs as much as the Matter Converter Amp. Is that an oversight, or is there genuinely no reason to buy the Matter Converter Amp?
The only reason I can think of is the following: in case you fuck up a roll really good, you do not fuck up all the reality, you only fuck up material aspect of it. In other words, it does less collateral damage when misfires. Probably.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17598 on: June 05, 2015, 01:09:19 pm »

Milno is gonna become drinking buddies with Thomas. Drink himself into a coma, forget about M19.

If PW calls me so I have to salvage M19's remains, please PM me. I should mention that possibility to him via IRC too, just in case.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: June 05, 2015, 01:13:56 pm »

-snip-
The only reason I can think of is the following: in case you fuck up a roll really good, you do not fuck up all the reality, you only fuck up material aspect of it. In other words, it does less collateral damage when misfires. Probably.
[/quote]Also, the universal amp requires considerably more mindpoints than the matter converter to convert matter. PW also said that the universal amp carries non-numbers related danger. I suspect it's like tapping into the wifi of your neightbour the cosmic horror, and it's only a matter of time before he notices. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17600 on: June 05, 2015, 01:17:10 pm »

Milno is gonna become drinking buddies with Thomas. Drink himself into a coma, forget about M19.

If PW calls me so I have to salvage M19's remains, please PM me. I should mention that possibility to him via IRC too, just in case.
Possiblity of you just going out and completing the job all by yourself? Well, lets let Beirus find some way to maim himself before we send you out, but consider it a worthy plan.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: June 05, 2015, 01:21:22 pm »

You know, I was hoping Xan would stick around longer on my counter. Thanks a lot, Spaz! :P

Why does it seem like whenever I would find it amusing to have something on my counter for months, it gets immediately cleared......

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: June 05, 2015, 01:24:02 pm »

Heh, I bet if you just sent Milno on M19 by himself he would have completed it no problem.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: June 05, 2015, 01:27:21 pm »

Is Xan permadead, by the by?

Also, I hope we get to see Milno the Pissed-Off Space Janitor.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: June 05, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »

Tempdead, probably.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: June 05, 2015, 01:31:18 pm »

Xan is no deader than Dubley, who lost his suit but was left intact by the blast due to reality glitch.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: June 05, 2015, 01:36:40 pm »

(((Duh fuck I just wanted to straighten my arm out and then loot!)))
This is why you only trust trained medics for your medical needs! You wanted to loot the dead and now you are the dead to be looted! This was easily preventible with proper application of Fleshtechs.

You also specifically said *set* arm, which is definitely a medical procedure. Straighten you might have gotten away with. :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: June 05, 2015, 01:41:06 pm »

Never use a stat you have -3 in. Indeed, it's probably a good idea to not have any -2s.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: June 05, 2015, 01:43:03 pm »

Huh, a +2 arts and crafts engineering, and what does it get me?
Quote from: Piecewise

Exactly 1 thing: a mess.
Gah.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 2205