Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493283 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16875 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:26 am »

Dark Messiah of might and magic? The mechanics are a bit clunky at times, but the adventures of Sir Kicksalot and his mighty boot in the land of ragdoll physics never failed to entertain me.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: May 08, 2015, 10:18:54 am »

I am bread (yes, an actual game).
Dropkick.
Hotline Miami.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: May 08, 2015, 10:35:03 am »

Oh god, I'm still stuck on that stupid level where you play as each of the fans in Hotline Miami 2. I can do the first bit, but fucking Corey's bit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16878 on: May 08, 2015, 10:42:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My current steam library (I'm heading out to flagstaff now. Seeyas on monday)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16879 on: May 08, 2015, 10:58:07 am »

Play Dear Esther late at night, preferably after being awake for more than 18 hours. Try to keep talking the whole way through. Harness your firsthand experience of literary criticism to do so.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:01:00 am by Harry Baldman »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16880 on: May 08, 2015, 11:29:32 am »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16881 on: May 08, 2015, 11:55:08 am »

Het pw, you sick of those lit critics spouting their crap all the time over literature? Then try this on for size: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLghL9V9QTN0h2n6Rd8gz4brC_wFp3tZF6&params=OAFIAVgC&v=A98tf9krihg&mode=NORMAL

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16882 on: May 08, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

Hmmm.
I would really suggest the Metro games, the Redux versions are good, but not necessary.
I will giveawaymy metro 2033 ifneccessary
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16883 on: May 08, 2015, 12:26:13 pm »

But it isn't just MoBA, it's the Ur-MoBA!  It was created due to a nightmarish experiment as to if action-games could be made multiplayer over 56k modems in an era before netplay.  The game was crippled due to hostile player action after barely a year had passed!  There are no levels, no unlocks, no roles, and no easily-accessable metagame strategy lists, along with a complete lack of matchmaking putting raw newbies as part of teams from moment one!  The community, such as it is, consists mostly of crusty vets in their mid-thirties with ten plus years of jargon and high-level squadron matches behind them!

You may call it a MoBA, but to those who play it, it is THE MoBA!

(now see, RC, that's me attempting to recruit people.  ;-))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: May 08, 2015, 01:08:21 pm »

But it isn't just MoBA, it's the Ur-MoBA!  It was created due to a nightmarish experiment as to if action-games could be made multiplayer over 56k modems in an era before netplay.  The game was crippled due to hostile player action after barely a year had passed!  There are no levels, no unlocks, no roles, and no easily-accessable metagame strategy lists, along with a complete lack of matchmaking putting raw newbies as part of teams from moment one!  The community, such as it is, consists mostly of crusty vets in their mid-thirties with ten plus years of jargon and high-level squadron matches behind them!

You may call it a MoBA, but to those who play it, it is THE MoBA!

(now see, RC, that's me attempting to recruit people.  ;-))

I read this with voice of this guy:

Het pw, you sick of those lit critics spouting their crap all the time over literature? Then try this on for size: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLghL9V9QTN0h2n6Rd8gz4brC_wFp3tZF6&params=OAFIAVgC&v=A98tf9krihg&mode=NORMAL
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: May 08, 2015, 01:12:00 pm »

Seriously, though, please, make a LP of ER; or maybe something like "A day in the life of Einsteinian Roulette GM" with you narrating how you do turns. Preferably, you could outright mention some cool GM-knowledge while laughing at the player actions - and maybe post the thing sometime later, when the spoilers would be irrelevant (so, say, after the mission if its about the hidden mission rules and undercurrents). Or maybe how you bring together a mission. Or how you groan at the tinkerdogs posting in their mad pit of a thread. (well, before it all went to IRC, anyway)

That would be so cool!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16886 on: May 08, 2015, 01:19:15 pm »

Seriously, though, please, make a LP of ER; or maybe something like "A day in the life of Einsteinian Roulette GM" with you narrating how you do turns. Preferably, you could outright mention some cool GM-knowledge while laughing at the player actions - and maybe post the thing sometime later, when the spoilers would be irrelevant (so, say, after the mission if its about the hidden mission rules and undercurrents). Or maybe how you bring together a mission. Or how you groan at the tinkerdogs posting in their mad pit of a thread. (well, before it all went to IRC, anyway)

That would be so cool!
"How to GM with Piecewise. Today: how to punish your players for stupid mistakes."

I'd watch it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: May 08, 2015, 01:24:10 pm »

"How to GM with Piecewise. Today: how to punish your players for stupid mistakes."

I have a feeling that this topic wouldn't fit in just one session of Let's Playing Piecewising
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:38:47 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: May 08, 2015, 01:27:26 pm »

Ooh! Do a series in which you design a game from the ground up, starting with the basic concept. Make a video series out of it, complete with an IRC-run test of the system.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: May 08, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My current steam library (I'm heading out to flagstaff now. Seeyas on monday)
Really want to see you play X3 Reunion, Xcom ufo defence, worms armageddon or STALKER.
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 2205