Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494689 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16665 on: April 30, 2015, 04:28:47 am »

Roll out of the stasis pod and gain my bearings. Afterward, head to the player housing and select room seven. Put some clothes on.
You roll out of stasis in your own room in housing.

@Radio: U_P's action was done once already, which resulted a prompt to contact Miya, so you might as well answer to it.

It's kinda different though. Steve said 'ask for permission' but the current message is 'I got permission from Steve, informing you about it'. Since those are pretty different in my book, I will wait to see what actually happens.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16666 on: April 30, 2015, 05:45:19 am »

Roll out of the stasis pod and gain my bearings. Afterward, head to the player housing and select room seven. Put some clothes on.
You roll out of stasis in your own room in housing.

@Radio: U_P's action was done once already, which resulted a prompt to contact Miya, so you might as well answer to it.

It's kinda different though. Steve said 'ask for permission' but the current message is 'I got permission from Steve, informing you about it'. Since those are pretty different in my book, I will wait to see what actually happens.

Yeah, I feel UP / Auron is interpreting "ask permission" as "Ask Steve's permission", when it is actually "Ask Miyamoto's permission"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16667 on: April 30, 2015, 09:08:37 am »

I don't think shooting the nerves is a good idea. The next step should be identifying exactly where the nerves converge and coming up with a digging plan so you can get to the brain.
Microwave might help, just take a long time
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16668 on: April 30, 2015, 09:42:13 am »

No im interpreting it right.

Im just not portaying the message as needing his go ahead.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16669 on: April 30, 2015, 11:18:32 am »

I recently read about how an event horizon works, and I'm kind of curious if we can't obtain some kind of spacetime amp.

Namely, one that you could use to bend spacetime so that all trajectories that would lead out of a region of space are literally in the past. And probably do some other wacky stuff. Should be theoretically possible, though I imagine actually needing to deal with such a thing might be a nightmare for piecewise.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16670 on: April 30, 2015, 11:24:11 am »

Um, Paris, I'm confused. why is Flint going to sabotage the mission?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16671 on: April 30, 2015, 11:26:07 am »

Because he's an Altered conservationist! A pinko mutant rights agitator with a battlesuit!

Or maybe he just forgot what the objective was. I know I do, sometimes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16672 on: April 30, 2015, 11:29:10 am »

Last turn he directly asked what the objective was and was told by steve exactly what he's looking for and to try to keep it intact.
this turn he is planning on shooting it.

I am confused.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16673 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:34 am »

Maybe he's just trying the Stacy method of excavation. Possibly just as ill-advisedly, perhaps more so, shockingly enough.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16674 on: April 30, 2015, 11:37:34 am »

We're all confused. It's all Flint's/Paris's master plan to have us that way!
Let's just see how it will pan out, I guess. (Sucks for the mission, but no IC justification for anyone to do anything about it; Steve is the final judge so let us trust in him trusting in Flint, and then I think Paris has been avoiding the topic even yesterday on IRC, so - see the above about his master plan.  ;) )
I mean, there must be a reason, and it will probably be revealed later; for now there is only suspense and chaotic misunderstanding.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16675 on: April 30, 2015, 11:41:59 am »

IC, he's acting very well though. It doesn't cancel the fact that, if I get it right, he's about to eliminate that precious brain we were seeking for and people died for.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16676 on: April 30, 2015, 11:44:36 am »

comrade, one action post. either strike through the first or edit the contents of the second into the first. PW isn't going to run two action posts for you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16677 on: April 30, 2015, 11:47:13 am »

comrade, one action post. either strike through the first or edit the contents of the second into the first. PW isn't going to run two action posts for you.

Alright, will do. I'm not yet sure what is a proper way to play an action if it is affected by reaction of others.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16678 on: April 30, 2015, 11:48:23 am »

We're all confused. It's all Flint's/Paris's master plan to have us that way!
Let's just see how it will pan out, I guess. (Sucks for the mission, but no IC justification for anyone to do anything about it; Steve is the final judge so let us trust in him trusting in Flint, and then I think Paris has been avoiding the topic even yesterday on IRC, so - see the above about his master plan.  ;) )
I mean, there must be a reason, and it will probably be revealed later; for now there is only suspense and chaotic misunderstanding.

Ah, this I like. Let us keep silent, then, and watch the events unfold.

Alright, will do. I'm not yet sure what is a proper way to play an action if it is affected by reaction of others.

The proper way is to pepper your action with so many if statements that piecewise will decide to break your internal motion control chip and give you locked-in syndrome for simplicity's sake.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:49:59 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16679 on: April 30, 2015, 11:54:39 am »

example:

Quote from: Player A
Shoot battlesuit with laser rifle
Quote from: Player B
"You can't hurt that thing with your lasrifle! Let my amp handle it and you deal with the sods behind us!"
microwave the battlesuit in front of us
Quote from: Player A
"Roger!"
spin around and shoot the sods behind us with my laser rifle
in the above three quotes, is it easy to understand what happened?

as a rule of thumb, if it's easy to understand, people will understand what happened.
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 2205