Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495776 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16440 on: April 26, 2015, 10:25:40 pm »

Head to infirmary and get shock implant removed by proffessionals.
No offense Unholy_Pariah, but do you really think this is a great idea? Any "professionals" you find there are probably going to be pretty loyal to the ARM. I guess you could try convincing them to help you, but Auron has -1 charisma, so I'm not sure that will work.
As far as I'm aware, people are supposedly allowed to get it removed if they're leaving ARM.
Although that's most likely just as much of a load of bullshit as the old "ten missions and you're free" thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16441 on: April 26, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »

Current ARM isn't nearly as... restrictive as former HMRC. HMRC was literally a death sentence; ARM is pretending at being a legitimate revolution.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16442 on: April 26, 2015, 10:38:18 pm »

Well, can you think of a player (not a character) that would willingly just go and retire his character on Q'baja? Kinda hard to give up something you've worked on like that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16443 on: April 26, 2015, 10:47:03 pm »

Current ARM isn't nearly as... restrictive as former HMRC. HMRC was literally a death sentence; ARM is pretending at being a legitimate revolution.
THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!!!1!

Well, can you think of a player (not a character) that would willingly just go and retire his character on Q'baja? Kinda hard to give up something you've worked on like that.
What is Q'Baja? Do we not get a choice as to just where we retire?
Honestly I see what you mean; Jobasio has zero reason to continue in the ARM but I don't feel like retiring him... and I'm pretty sure the offer is a trap in the first place. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16444 on: April 26, 2015, 10:47:59 pm »

In some circumstances yes actually.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16445 on: April 27, 2015, 12:39:42 am »

In some circumstances yes actually.
My character for example, once he's felt he's helped this fucking rebellion for long enough.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16446 on: April 27, 2015, 12:48:11 am »

I could retire Chief on Q'Baja for the sake of RP. Or some other fun planet we come across on the way.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16447 on: April 27, 2015, 07:01:44 am »

They want you to think that they're pretending to be running a legitimate revolution?

wut.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16448 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:09 am »

They want you to think that they're pretending to be running a legitimate revolution?

wut.

The conspiracy, like, runs deep, maaaan.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16449 on: April 27, 2015, 08:08:46 am »

wut.

The conspiracy, like, runs deep, maaaan.
So deep I lost track of what they want us to think.
Uh, something something jet fuel steel memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16450 on: April 27, 2015, 10:13:31 am »

Carebear with googly eyes.  Nice.

The thing is though, I don't know how much firepower Lars and Flint are packing. I know they both have special guns, but I don't know what they do.
I don't suppose either of you have the kind of guns we'll need to hold out?

A lot.  Lars has a shard launcher (decent versus a battlesuit), the Long Range Battlesuit cannon (A "LESHO but bigger"), a Raduga (buffed cutting laser), a PEW (HEP with a penetrating fire mode), and a gauss rifle (the normal one.)  Flint has his Rainbow Cannon which has all sorts of fire modes which do all sorts of damage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16451 on: April 27, 2015, 10:21:56 am »

Now all Lars has to do is actually bring said firepower to bear, and they'll be golden!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16452 on: April 27, 2015, 10:26:28 am »

Now all Lars has to do is actually bring said firepower to bear, and they'll be golden!
Don't bring it to a bear! Use it yourself!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16453 on: April 27, 2015, 10:28:22 am »

Don't tell him what to do! He has the right to arm bears dammit!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16454 on: April 27, 2015, 10:30:06 am »

Carebear with googly eyes.  Nice.

The thing is though, I don't know how much firepower Lars and Flint are packing. I know they both have special guns, but I don't know what they do.
I don't suppose either of you have the kind of guns we'll need to hold out?

A lot.  Lars has a shard launcher (decent versus a battlesuit), the Long Range Battlesuit cannon (A "LESHO but bigger"), a Raduga (buffed cutting laser), a PEW (HEP with a penetrating fire mode), and a gauss rifle (the normal one.)  Flint has his Rainbow Cannon which has all sorts of fire modes which do all sorts of damage.
Yeah, forget what I said before about me not being that good against battlesuit-level foes.

Turns out my mining laser is actually stronger than a cutting laser. And I was just reviewing my data on my rainbow cannon fire modes and updated its wiki page. Turns out that if I want something killed and a mining laser won't cut it (pun intended), I can just snipe it with a Violet Overcharge shot. Or use Orange Desolator to melt its brains. Or use Blue Lightning to fry it. Or use Red Sunbeam to evaporate it. And the extra generator/capacitor unit I put on Gilgamesh means it's even harder for me to run out of energy.

The only problem is a) I need to conserve power if my plan is to have a chance of working and b) I assume that every time I use one of these modes, the planet is either going to come up with a way to counter them or worse a way to use them against me. Or it could just up its alert level to ridiculous and start throwing thousands of Haebi at us. I can take care of a lot of weak foes and even a few battlesuit level foes at the same time, but I can't do anything about a giant zerg rush. Hence why we need to finish this quickly.

I swear, the Haebi are like the Altered's slightly less murderous cousin.
Hmmm.... Maybe they're actually Altered hiding by pretending to be merely annoying annihilators of planets, not abominations seeking to destroy all life.
You know, like a cold adapting by mutating to be less deadly.

Don't tell him what to do! He has the right to arm bears dammit!
Bring Sajuuk to Bear!
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 2205