Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494810 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1545 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:50 am »

Thing is, if I do it right, no-one will find out.

Remember, I want it for the manipulation power.  Mimicking voices and faces.  Also mixing poisons and having a convienent invisible blowgun mounted on any part of my body.  Not Xan's dubiously useful dragontentaclemorphmonster shenanigans.

Also, Saint will probably frame Xan a lot if he doesn't outright kill him.  Fair warning.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: March 10, 2014, 07:44:49 am »

Lars was all flesh, but he's looking at some roboguts now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 10, 2014, 08:35:27 am »

Its a 1 in 18 chance of affecting everyone yes, but other severity rolls may still hit bunkers or single out individual teammates.
1. It has NEVER affected EVERYONE.
2. That goes directly against what piecewise said. He said it took a 1 followed by a 1 or a 2 to get any friendly fire. Don't just make stuff up because it suits your point.
I hate when people do that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 10, 2014, 10:31:03 am »

Also, it's a 1-in-18 chance to cause friendly fire.  Note that the second roll's damage is worse if it rolls a one. Team B got hit with a 1-2 mortar, and only three people even had to roll to see if they were damaged, and the only person who took appreciable injuries was Steve.  Granted, everything aside from his head was jellified, but still.

Team E got hit with a 1-1, and everybody there had to roll.  Two people outright died, and several got severely wounded.

So the chances of severe damage are closer to 1-in-32.  At least for the mortars anyways- Team D got hit with a full scale arty shell that rolled a 1-2, and they were probably the worst off.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 10, 2014, 11:08:06 am »

We could argue all week about the relative amount of damage done by types of artillery, the kludgebot, etc, and how that modifies the result, without getting anywhere. So I didn't touch that with a ten-foot laser pole.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:28 pm »

Let's argue about more relevant things instead, like the merits of various Battlesuits!

Once Lars gets some free time, he'll be trying out the Heavy Laser variant.  I'm curious what getting a free weapon with it costs in terms of ancillary armaments.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 10, 2014, 12:19:58 pm »

I plan on having atleast one example of my mech desgin.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1552 on: March 10, 2014, 12:24:26 pm »

What about that Howitzer? It's known that battlesuits and avatars, while resistant to lasers and heat, are not so resistant to kinetic damage, so you'd be a lot more dangerous. Plus, you'd be able to to load all kinds of special shells like grav-shells or redshot or riot control or what have you.
The only downside being of course the limited ammo and the inability to use it for utilities, like melting stuff.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

It's not in the standard list of Battlesuit options.  Someone should ask about that one.

A Howitzer on one shoulder, a laser on one arm, and something else cool on the other would be a nice setup.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 10, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »

Crotch thrust powered gauss cannon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 10, 2014, 02:42:52 pm »

Is this going to escalate until someone resembles a lamia with arrays of weapons built into their "tail"? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 10, 2014, 04:06:13 pm »

Steve once said that someone did that, but with uhhhh, male enhancements. He had to vent the prisoner section because of it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 10, 2014, 06:39:30 pm »

(Aw, I was kind of hoping it would have actually worked.)

"Hey, guys back at the ship?  My lower body's kind of been destroyed, any chance I can place an order for a custom prosthesis while we're still down here?"
>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 10, 2014, 07:47:44 pm »

Let's argue about more relevant things instead, like the merits of various Battlesuits!
Okay.
The one that isn't broken is better.

What about that Howitzer? It's known that battlesuits and avatars, while resistant to lasers and heat, are not so resistant to kinetic damage, so you'd be a lot more dangerous. Plus, you'd be able to to load all kinds of special shells like grav-shells or redshot or riot control or what have you.
The only downside being of course the limited ammo and the inability to use it for utilities, like melting stuff.
That seems like a more specialized variant. Less useful in general, arguably better against tough targets, can more easily be specialized.

(Aw, I was kind of hoping it would have actually worked.)

"Hey, guys back at the ship?  My lower body's kind of been destroyed, any chance I can place an order for a custom prosthesis while we're still down here?"
>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Ew.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:00 pm »

Its a 1 in 18 chance of affecting everyone yes, but other severity rolls may still hit bunkers or single out individual teammates.
1. It has NEVER affected EVERYONE.
2. That goes directly against what piecewise said. He said it took a 1 followed by a 1 or a 2 to get any friendly fire. Don't just make stuff up because it suits your point.
I hate when people do that.
1. Fine let me rephrase that, everyone in the target area/affected bunker. Quit being a pedantic twat.
2. Ill admit that i may have been wrong on the singling out teammates part, but rolling a 1-3 would probably still hit the bunker with a glancing blow.

And for the record no im not making shit up, if anything im merely misinterpreting posts i cannot find or remember the exact wording of. Something i might add that you do with my posts constantly despite the fact that you are always directly quoting them, which is fucking annoying.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 2205