Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493518 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15150 on: April 06, 2015, 09:31:33 am »

I should have just killed Jim myself when I had the chance.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: April 06, 2015, 09:35:47 am »

Perhaps, yes. But it's kinda late for that now, pw has hyped up his secret project already, so now everybody is curious as to what it might be.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: April 06, 2015, 10:02:42 am »

That's what you get for trying to go for a dramatic incident-based suicide while on a mission instead of quietly amp-offing yourself in the shower while writing the name of somebody you don't like in marker (or somebody else's vital fluids) twenty times on your body in different places.

Or launching your brain out in space and having your body go and sit down on the couch on autopilot, with a bet set up with Steve on how long until somebody notices. Really, for an established character, suicide ought to be a really fun time.

Ooh, taking a board of scrap metal and doing an amp-assisted surf into a nearby star. Gives you time to think and appreciate the finality.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:07:23 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: April 06, 2015, 10:06:31 am »

No, it's what I get for trying to be nice and preserve my equipment so other people could have it instead of just obliterating Jim and everything in a three mile radius like I ought to have done.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: April 06, 2015, 10:09:20 am »

No, it's what I get for trying to be nice and preserve my equipment so other people could have it instead of just obliterating Jim and everything in a three mile radius like I ought to have done.

Could have been fun to go on a rampage, though. Or just starting to walk off into the sunset while incinerating anyone who tries to stop you after the first polite warning not to do so.

But hindsight's 20/20, I guess. A shame.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:10:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15155 on: April 06, 2015, 10:11:19 am »

Eh, I don't see what the problem is. It's not like the character will be revived. It's more like some sort of Fronkensteen monster that contains some Jim parts. Like the ones those crazy scientists do in movies when they want to revive a loved one but instead they always come back wrong and kill everybody.

EDIT: Heh, you think piecewise is secretly planning to have Frankenjim have a rampage on Hephaestus so he can stop the tinkering?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: April 06, 2015, 10:12:11 am »

Or appoint someone else as your replacement, donate stuff to whoever, get new fleshy body and take up Steve's offer for having a quiet life on some planet. If no altered body, time dilation will ensure you're dead of old age before you could be called upon again.

That's what you get for trying to go for a dramatic incident-based suicide while on a mission instead of quietly amp-offing yourself in the shower while writing the name of somebody you don't like in marker (or somebody else's vital fluids) twenty times on your body in different places.

Or launching your brain out in space and having your body go and sit down on the couch on autopilot, with a bet set up with Steve on how long until somebody notices. Really, for an established character, suicide ought to be a really fun time.

Ooh, taking a board of scrap metal and doing an amp-assisted surf into a nearby star. Gives you time to think and appreciate the finality.

Sell all the stuff you don't need, go to the hangar, and declare that whoever can come and kill you can claim your tokens and loot. Then hand over your char to PW and watch the carnage.

EDIT: Heh, you think piecewise is secretly planning to have Frankenjim have a rampage on Hephaestus so he can stop the tinkering?
Everytime a project gets too silly or convoluted then Jim jumps out of the vents and yells "IMPOSSIBRU" before karate-chopping your work, and you, in half.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:19:47 am by Radio Controlled »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: April 06, 2015, 10:22:30 am »

@Paris: Except for the fact there's no difference between a brainless Jim and a normal synthflesh body that someone put two extra arms on. So... what exactly is the point? Steve could have just slapped the extra arms on his own synthflesh avatar and called it a day.

@Radio: Except that deathmatching other people isn't exactly part of Jim's personality and PvP is something I try to avoid personally? And also these revival shenanigans don't exactly jive with your whole 'could have retired quietly' idea. It's obvious piecewise doesn't want to let the character go for some damn reason and hell if I know what it is.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: April 06, 2015, 10:23:10 am »

Concerning Frankenjim: God, I hope so. I hate all the Tinker-y stuff so much.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: April 06, 2015, 10:31:11 am »

@Paris: Except for the fact there's no difference between a brainless Jim and a normal synthflesh body that someone put two extra arms on. So... what exactly is the point? Steve could have just slapped the extra arms on his own synthflesh avatar and called it a day.

@Radio: Except that deathmatching other people isn't exactly part of Jim's personality and PvP is something I try to avoid personally? And also these revival shenanigans don't exactly jive with your whole 'could have retired quietly' idea. It's obvious piecewise doesn't want to let the character go for some damn reason and hell if I know what it is.

The point and reason is fun. It's more fun like this for the other players. They like continuity more than random avatars of the gm doing everything, and it gave pw a nice excuse to do something potentially cool/hilarious in a way that has a connection to the story.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: April 06, 2015, 10:34:32 am »

All right. Have it your way. I'll just write it off as disrespectful and leave it at this.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: April 06, 2015, 10:36:21 am »

All right. Have it your way. I'll just write it off as disrespectful and leave it at this.

Though I'm not the one actually doing it in this case (I'm just explaining the general principle), it's a deal!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: April 06, 2015, 10:40:01 am »

Concerning Frankenjim: God, I hope so. I hate all the Tinker-y stuff so much.

It's pretty easy to ignore most of the time, though, you have to give them that. Especially now that Hephaestus has its own OOC thread. Sneaky tinkers in their tinker-dungeons. Only time tinkering really becomes any sort of issue for tinkerphobes (or borderline cases such as me who are just intensely bored by Hephaestus' accounting) is when stuff is handed out for field testing and then you have to explain what the stuff in question is and keep track of the new names (I was going to write "nonindicative names", in a callback to previous griping, but it occurs to me that the actually indicative names would probably be worse for identification - imagine all the things people could call a laser cannon, a heavy laser or a heavy laser cannon) and whether you have one of the unfortunate things in your possession.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: April 06, 2015, 10:47:34 am »

If only I could ignore it. I'm on the Council, so it all lands on my desk!

I was nodding in silence when PW hit the Tinker segment in the last ER talk(s).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: April 06, 2015, 10:54:03 am »

If only I could ignore it. I'm on the Council, so it all lands on my desk!

I was nodding in silence when PW hit the Tinker segment in the last ER talk(s).

Oh! Maybe you shouldn't be on the Council? Not sure what else to tell ya.
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 2205