Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493503 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15135 on: April 06, 2015, 02:39:43 am »

Ah that would've explained it then. Still, making people irrationally angry could still be quite useful for blops.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: April 06, 2015, 02:49:09 am »

Yep. Just so long as it isn't angry transhumanism amp bombs you're pissing off you should be fine :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15137 on: April 06, 2015, 02:52:05 am »

Hey if they get angry enough to blast the remote microphone, at least it distracts them and confirms their presence :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15138 on: April 06, 2015, 05:30:22 am »

An anomaly suit meant to help the user detect and cope with hostile environments. And a kinetic amp turned into a kinetic rifle, an extremely short range but extra powerful weapon created by messing with a kinamp's input. Syvarris should remember what I'm talking about. Oh and that black hole ship I designed for blackops.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: April 06, 2015, 05:58:31 am »

@Hapah: final call, are you on or off the mission? I think it'll be the second, but I wanna be extra doubly sure before I switch in Lyra. You could straight up ask pw if you can salvage your situation before mission start, I think he''l just answer if it gets missions going faster.

I was hoping that PW would answer my questions before the final prototype grab began, but I think the assaultsuit should be added to the prototypes list.  Mostly because it uses the MMI as the control system, and the MMI is also being prototyped this mission.
I suggest just one, a mobility variant.

Add it to the list of prototypes then, and I'll assign it. But I will NOT drop with it unless it's statted and written up. I'm adamant on that, and I'm sure you can see why.

@Comrade P.: Piecewise said the easiest method is to cut the skin and look for those central nerves underneath.
I'll have to ask Steve this IC? but did he mention a way to see them from aboveground? Would cameyes help? Or didn't anyone ask this? Otherwise it's gonna become random digging all over. And then guessing the correct way to follow them.

If either method fails or is deemed unsafe, we just go back to the regular "cut the ground to find the nerves" method.
Yeah, both kinda have a high chance of backfiring messily if they fail. For all we know the conscious the size of a planet will easily overpower Lars and ride him like a meatpuppet wielding big guns in the middle of newbietown.

Hmm. Map B, with preferred landing site. For your team, I'd say anywhere in the center would be fine.
That's a good general plan, though I don't think we should dawdle on the high ground for very long. AA could target hilltops, as well
Was thinking the same. And yeah, we'll generally wanna keep on the move either way, but we have to land somewhere, so might as well get a good overview to start with. Also, it gives a possible rally point in case drop goes awry and we scatter a bit, though in that case quickly looking for a more sheltered/less open spot once on the ground might be better (height map only says little).

Miya wouldn't know the difference
I sure do hope that's because he already pilots a giant mech, and not because he's a whiny asshole.

'new stuff from Hep'

Armor is taken care of for the moment with the research I did, and new suits can use the exoskeletons. What we can use is extra mobility I think, so if you guys could work on reverse-engineering that teleportlaser that'd be great. New low end guns I was working on with blueraddite blasters, so that's being looked after at least partially. If you guys could get shields working, like the crystalmonster on the planetoid had, that'd be awesome, but not sure if that's feasible without a large sample. Maybe also look into that other crystalthing we salvaged from there, the computer crystal. Oh, and somebody interrogate headless already! That really needs to be done, to maybe help decipher egg computer data that's encrypted, or gives a lead at least. Hell, just working on your artifact backlog would take a good while already.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:48:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: April 06, 2015, 07:22:16 am »

@Comrade P.: Piecewise said the easiest method is to cut the skin and look for those central nerves underneath.
I'll have to ask Steve this IC? but did he mention a way to see them from aboveground? Would cameyes help? Or didn't anyone ask this? Otherwise it's gonna become random digging all over. And then guessing the correct way to follow them.

>There should be thin "root" like structures spreading out from the nearest cluster through the skin. They would be hard to spot from the air and probably won't be visible through the skin until you get closer and they thicken. But if you cut into the skin a bit, you should probably find them. The cluster will more then likely be underground in a natural cavern area, covered in a layer of skin.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: April 06, 2015, 07:26:36 am »

Well yes, but that still leaves open if there are other ways to make them more visible aboveground, such as a particular cameyes setting, which is what I was asking for. Otherwise we revert to the previous: semi-random digging until we find one by chance, or trying to spot a thicker bundle somewhere (and then, we still don't know how that bundle would look like, so we can still ask).

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: April 06, 2015, 08:56:28 am »

Count me out Radio.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: April 06, 2015, 09:04:44 am »

Count me out Radio.

Noted, thanks for quick answer.

Lyra/Lenglon, you're up if you still want.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: April 06, 2015, 09:06:27 am »

Count me out Radio.

Lenglon is up for it, Lyra hasn't been contacted however. If she gets a message on the subject then she'll join.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: April 06, 2015, 09:09:38 am »

Count me out Radio.

Lenglon is up for it, Lyra hasn't been contacted however. If she gets a message on the subject then she'll join.

Do you really want me to write that out, or can we just assume she knows IC? I was planning to just announce team divisions and such in final briefing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: April 06, 2015, 09:11:55 am »

Just as long as there's some way for her to know. I didn't have her in the briefing room for the mission brief, and nobody contacted her on the subject. I just need her to have some why to know what's going on.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: April 06, 2015, 09:19:39 am »

Very well then, if that's what you want, edited action.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: April 06, 2015, 09:28:15 am »

-snip-
Jim will be revived through some sort of process. It can only be done so many times though.
-snip

Uh, I kinda wanted him permanently dead and gone forever. I don't really know why you guys are insisting on beating a dead horse.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: April 06, 2015, 09:30:01 am »

We're turning him into a weapon. Or Steve is, in secret. Remember when pw said 'but your body is mine'?

Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 2205