Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492404 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15060 on: April 05, 2015, 12:01:26 pm »

A friend of mine showed me this forum sadly he's not around anymore. first time poster about 1 or 2 months of casual reading.
I found the community centered around ER to be amazingly fun so I wanted to be part of the action.
The babies are all twins only 1 in the suit all in cryo sleep for different reasons. sadly the mother died whilst giving birth to the 11th they we're able to pull out the 12th just in time. if the mother hadn't have given out there would be 32 twins.
a quick run down would be greatly appreciated, I haven't gotten past the 3rd mission.

Third mission?  Oooh, there's a lot to explain.

An invisible synthflesh drill sergeant named after breakfast will likely explain everything to you, but in case not, I'll do it.

You start by being dropped into the barracks naked and covered with goo, like always.  There's clothes nearby, and you have five tokens.  I don't know where you're keeping them, and I don't want to know.

You happened to join pretty much just as we're starting the next mission batch, and we already have lots of newbies, so you may or may not be able to join.  In case you do, well... Remember how I said we'd drop you on a hostile planet?  That doesn't mean there's hostiles occupying the planet; The planet itself is hostile.  Your job is to steal it's brain.

If you do join, I suggest you buy a Spectr, and request a Sharksuit from the Team Fund immediately.  That basically means you get a laser cannon and armor.

As far as plot, the HMRC is no more.  Around the eleventh mission we reformed into the ARM, Armed Revolutionary Movement, and we're now rebelling against the UWM ostensibly because they've grown uselessly bureacratic and obstructive.  What this means for you is that you're allowed to be set free on any planet we come across!

You still have a shock implant, though.  Really, the only observable change for you is that now you're surrounded by convicts fueled by nationalism and sadism, rather than terror and sadism.  Whether that's a good thing is up to you.

Lastly, if you only read to Mission three... Well, assume that any person you recognize from those missions is now an unstoppable badass who would beat Erik in a straight fight.  Especially Milno.

The only particularly important character that you don't know is Miyamoto; He's Radio Controlled's character, and is encased in an Avatar of War, a several stories tall mecha made of synthflesh, which can't fit anywhere except the hanger.  He's also the general that has authority over all of us, and he has a beartrap face.

Lastly, we now have a wiki: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Einsteinian_Roulette_Wiki

There's also a new player guide, which is way better than what I wrote: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/New_Player_Guide

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: April 05, 2015, 12:12:46 pm »

So should I start off by having my character wake up and buy stuff?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: April 05, 2015, 12:27:14 pm »

Meh, Erik can beat Milno any time. Also Miya's beartrap jaws were removed some time ago.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: April 05, 2015, 12:47:57 pm »

Erik would only win if he could get close.  I think Milno would be able to avoid that, now.  Or, at the least, his armor would let him survive long enough to flee.  Also, Milno has a pair of aces up his sleeve; Sharkmist symibiosis and the Mechanist Gauntlet.

Miya got rid of the beartrap already?  I thought he'd just been planning on it, but hadn't done it yet.   Aww.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15064 on: April 05, 2015, 01:20:13 pm »

Erik has the Hallelujah disorienting scream and super strength super rage mode though, the one Faith has.
Flint is not the VR, but he could be!
Oh dear, is that why she's staring at me? The oatmeal was right! The cat wants to kill me and turn me into a VR machine! Help!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:23:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: April 05, 2015, 02:06:31 pm »

You know, I just realized something that scares the hell out of me. With Maurice set to go to hep, you know who is the most experienced doc around(who isn't mysteriously braindead?) MESK.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: April 05, 2015, 02:18:03 pm »

And you know what? He's on the blops mission! Yay!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: April 05, 2015, 02:24:23 pm »

And you know what? He's on the blops mission! Yay!

Heh, I guess we should just do our jobs by the numbers and not get hurohwhoamikiddingwe'reboned :P

Seriously, while Faith is pretty apathetic and Maurice prone to amputation, I've lost track of how many Mesk has actually outright killed using 'medicine'. I just read the part on mission 8 where he 'helps' Bruce by crushing his entire chest area like a grape using a two-footed curbstomp. (the phrase PW had him shout for that overshoot WAS pretty hilarious though :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: April 05, 2015, 02:26:06 pm »

You know, I just realized something that scares the hell out of me. With Maurice set to go to hep, you know who is the most experienced doc around(who isn't mysteriously braindead?) MESK.

That's concerning... Skylar tied with him for skill, via my Genemod... Also, dear lords he has a ton of fate. I'm concerned by that. Do you know something we don't, Rem? :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: April 05, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

Erik has the Hallelujah disorienting scream and super strength super rage mode though, the one Faith has.
Flint is not the VR, but he could be!
Oh dear, is that why she's staring at me? The oatmeal was right! The cat wants to kill me and turn me into a VR machine! Help!
and here I was expecting someone else to remember Old Spice commercials.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: April 05, 2015, 02:37:03 pm »

Hey, I'm a good substitute!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: April 05, 2015, 03:11:29 pm »

Hey, I have it on pretty good authority he might be the Competent Medic from now on! Well, unless he obtained competence only for that single roll when he operated Maurice.

Oh well. Next Med roll will tell. It's okay to start screaming then.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: April 05, 2015, 03:12:23 pm »

Hey, I have it on pretty good authority he might be the Competent Medic from now on! Well, unless he obtained competence only for that single roll when he operated Maurice.

Oh well. Next Med roll will tell. It's okay to start screaming then.
And thus the terror of the kickboxing doctor began.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: April 05, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »

...maybe? If anything the computer team should have a better chance. I think.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: April 05, 2015, 05:29:04 pm »

That's concerning... Skylar tied with him for skill, via my Genemod... Also, dear lords he has a ton of fate. I'm concerned by that. Do you know something we don't, Rem? :P

Obviously, Fate protects from player inactivity :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 2205