Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487710 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14775 on: April 01, 2015, 03:58:13 pm »

Well, I thought they were fine and complete by the time Tinker froze. Anyway, Syvarris should be able to give all the answers pertaining the assaultsuit.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: April 01, 2015, 04:01:37 pm »

There was some unclarity about what bonusses it'd get due to using one of Miya's new exoskeletons.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: April 01, 2015, 04:07:26 pm »

Fired out of a gauss rifle, they'll be about as nonlethal as a rubberized 80mm cannon shell. :P

Technically, shouldn't it be pretty simple to just dial back the power put into the shot?  The current-issue Gauss weapons probably don't have that ability, but we should really remake all the gauss weapons with power dials.  They should all have subsonic options, at the least.

@Toaster

I think we're just gonna prototype one Assaultsuit this mission, since it isn't in the armory, and the MMI (which it relies on) is also being prototyped.

You reminded me that this wasn't answered:
Question: What happens to the various battlesuit-improvements that have been made?

The current battlesuit was given a +2 AUX requirement, which cheapened it down to 15 tokens.  But both the Assaultsuit and Heavy Robotic Body are designed to work directly off the user's mental input, so they probably wouldn't need to have an AUX requirement, and therefore wouldn't get the discount.

The Assaultsuit could just be retconned to not have an MMI, and work by the same mechanism as a battlesuit, but what about the Heavy Robotic Body?  It costs 16 or 18 tokens at the cheapest, but is almost entirely inferior to the AS, except for not needing AUX and being smaller.

Also, several of the robotic body upgrades that you described being available are already built into the Heavy Robotic Body.  Sometimes, they're no much cheaper than it.  Would that mean the HRB needs an int requirement?

As far as exoskeleton bonuses, that's not an issue for the assaultsuit- it probably means that assaultsuits are just stronger than battlesuits to an arbitrary degree.  It's only an issue for the medium infantry armor, and even then it can just be justified as the reason why exoskeletons are cheaper now; We used the tech that doubles exoskeleton strength to make exoskeletons half the size and cost but with the same strength.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: April 01, 2015, 04:08:00 pm »

Eeeeeerrrrgh. I'm suddenly unsure what to specialize in. I know I have to have high Will and Med for what I need to do, but what else for actual combat things?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: April 01, 2015, 04:12:59 pm »

A brief reminder that I called dibs on testing Heavy Robot Body in the upcoming mission, on planet.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: April 01, 2015, 04:19:47 pm »

A brief reminder that I called dibs on testing Heavy Robot Body in the upcoming mission, on planet.

And I friendly remind back that there is no dibs on this system, it'll depend on need. But your preference is noted!

As far as exoskeleton bonuses, that's not an issue for the assaultsuit- it probably means that assaultsuits are just stronger than battlesuits to an arbitrary degree.  It's only an issue for the medium infantry armor, and even then it can just be justified as the reason why exoskeletons are cheaper now; We used the tech that doubles exoskeleton strength to make exoskeletons half the size and cost but with the same strength.

Might want to check if we can't give them a sort of dex 'bonus' (not numerical but implied, like the strength) to make a standard assaultsuit with the new skeleton be as dexterous as, say, a melee battlesuit.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:22:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14781 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »

You might want to rephrase that. Since when is a battlesuit dexterous? Do you mean quick?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:29 pm »

More dexterous than the current one should be possible. And the melee variant has good mobility (though it also has small rockets to help with that).

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:28 pm »

Okay then, I'll edit the wiki template and the character calculator to allow that then.

This also means that if my calculations are correct, I just need one more mission to make Flint a master in conventional weapons. And Beirus' character to give him back those tokens he owes him.

Good luck with that. Let us know when the template is done so we can start transferring stuff over :P

PW, should I convert my custom mod to a "Enhanced Capacity" Med mod, or would you rather do something more elaborate?

This is how we have the mod listed in the old system:: (Dynamic Medical bonus; Rolls Willpower if nearby person is injured.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: April 01, 2015, 06:32:41 pm »

I'm loving some of the new stuff re: robobodies and gene therapy.

A pity I can't get on IRC to chat about it all. I think my university blocks IRC activity, I've gotten nothing but time-outs when I try to connect no matter how I troubleshoot.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »

A pity I can't get on IRC to chat about it all. I think my university blocks IRC activity, I've gotten nothing but time-outs when I try to connect no matter how I troubleshoot.
Hey, where do you time out?
Because there are actually multiple types of chat programs, IRC is kinda the hub for it, for example, I go by the ER link (which uses Mibbit) while PW uses HydraIRC.
I don't know how it works, but it does.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: April 01, 2015, 07:23:16 pm »

Hm. Step 1 would be to try an actual client rather than a webclient, if you haven't already. I'm personally big on hexchat, but HydraIRC is another one. Step 2 would be try to use a proxy. It's kind of unusual for universities to blanket-block things like that, but I wouldn't put it past them... some network administrators don't know when to quit :P

Magic. Which is programmer speak for 'IRC is a protocol, not a program'. Much like how TCP/IP works, despite everyone having different network interfaces.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: April 01, 2015, 07:38:12 pm »

Hey, where do you time out?
Because there are actually multiple types of chat programs, IRC is kinda the hub for it, for example, I go by the ER link (which uses Mibbit) while PW uses HydraIRC.

I use Chatzilla for Firefox, it times out when I try to connect to darkmyst, the server our room is hosted on. I quote the log:
[INFO]   Connecting to irc://irc.darkmyst.org/ (irc://irc.darkmyst.org/)… [Cancel]
   [ERROR]   Connection to irc://irc.darkmyst.org/ (irc://irc.darkmyst.org/) timed out. [Help] Reconnecting in 15 seconds. [Cancel]

And from there it infinite loops with the reconnect timer getting longer every time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14788 on: April 01, 2015, 07:38:24 pm »

@Pyro: I was getting a lot of timeouts when I tried connecting to irc.darkmyst.org through SSL with Chatzilla. It stopped when I selected a specific server (odyssey.de.eu.darkmyst.org). Are you trying anything similar?

@Kri: I fought with the character calculator page a bit, thinking changing it will be easy, until I realized that radio buttons do not trigger the "on input" event for the entire table row (they need the onchange event to be attached to them instead) and they do not trigger an event at all when deselected. So I'm probably going to have to roll all the functions into one mega function that is triggered by every single input by an "on input" event for the number boxes and an "on change" event for the radio buttons. I'm not going to do that tonight, probably tomorrow. Wiki template should be an easy fix (just need to add an extra if and copypaste it a few times) but it's a bit tedious, so again, tomorrow.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: April 01, 2015, 07:42:08 pm »

Ooo, I'm getting a real cyberpunk vibe from those synthflesh/robobody mods.
I need to get at least one arm blown off. And make the money to buy them, of course.

...So is everything finalized? I guess after I have a toast sandwich for breakfast I'll go re-re-do my sheet.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 2205