Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491424 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14100 on: March 21, 2015, 12:11:36 pm »

Dunno, but it wasn't available for inmates when it was asked last time, if that's where you are going.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: March 21, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

Nah, I'm planning another character in case I die.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14102 on: March 21, 2015, 12:15:21 pm »

Who is Psmith?
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Psmith_Exerton

Peradon's character
Given how piecewise has been online for several hours straight, I'm afraid new system's gonna be a size of Dark Heresy Handbook.

Thought it is probably related to the fact we literally have dozens of characters.
It's actually pretty simple. I'm cutting away a lot of the crap that we either don't use or barely use. Stuff like range modifiers.
This reminds me of a gifset from ghost hunters or something where they here a knock on one side of a room and then a knock on another side and one of the guys yells at the ghost about how stupid it's being. Anyways, what was the point with switching my body for one that is the exact same?
See if we could. We'll have to see if there are any long term side effects. If we can transplant brains around then we might even be able to transplant newbies into the bodies of dead vets. That will give us a leg up.

Assuming this doesn't end in some sort of horrible disassociate existential rejection syndrome.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: March 21, 2015, 12:22:28 pm »

See if we could. We'll have to see if there are any long term side effects. If we can transplant brains around then we might even be able to transplant newbies into the bodies of dead vets. That will give us a leg up.

Assuming this doesn't end in some sort of horrible disassociate existential rejection syndrome.

Partial cybernation of recipient bodies with special interface and sealing brains in a case with ports for this interface seems to be doable so far, so we might consider all the inmates undergo partial cybernation of cranial part (adding ports and sockets in the part joining main brain with the rest of body, isolating brain in a universal-fitting case with interface to attach it) for interchangeability and versatility reasons.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:24:33 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: March 21, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »

Noticed the wiki entry still says that I have no skin.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: March 21, 2015, 12:51:29 pm »

As for equipment, there is a chance the shard launcher will get a second round of testing, since it didn't get used yet. Unless syv really wants it in the armory for some reason.

Well, let's do an interest check.  Hey people what like to shoot things- I made a gun for you

Armory cost is four tokens.  Magazines have 180 rounds, and cost one token each.  It can expend extra ammo to fire more powerful shots; A standard shot reliably kills an unarmored person, a 3x-ammo shot can kill people in armor that would resist a gauss round, and a 9x ammo shot can kill people in battlesuit plate (which resists anything up to a gauss cannon).  It also has an automatic fire mode.  And the shards that it fires explode inside the target.

Anyone see themselves buying it?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: March 21, 2015, 12:52:50 pm »

As for equipment, there is a chance the shard launcher will get a second round of testing, since it didn't get used yet. Unless syv really wants it in the armory for some reason.

Well, let's do an interest check.  Hey people what like to shoot things- I made a gun for you

Armory cost is four tokens.  Magazines have 180 rounds, and cost one token each.  It can expend extra ammo to fire more powerful shots; A standard shot reliably kills an unarmored person, a 3x-ammo shot can kill people in armor that would resist a gauss round, and a 9x ammo shot can kill people in battlesuit plate (which resists anything up to a gauss cannon).  It also has an automatic fire mode.  And the shards that it fires explode inside the target.

Anyone see themselves buying it?

*raises hand*
I like the sound of it. Spent my tokens on Gauss rifle for now though. I might sell three magazines I have, token for each, back to get this, I think. What it shoots exactly? Any stat requirements?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:59:47 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: March 21, 2015, 01:01:59 pm »

Strength 4.  Don't tell anyone, but PW often forgets strength requirements, like when Dawa ran around with one.

It fires the same Piezoelectric shards that the Piezoelectric Shard Launcher fires, and in fact shares ammo with it.  Also, since you haven't been on a mission, you can return the gauss rifle and the spare clips for a full refund.  I don't believe you can sell the clip that came complementary with the rifle though, even ignoring the fact that selling all your ammo would render the gun somewhat useless.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: March 21, 2015, 01:08:12 pm »

I... kinda deformed the rifle from basic condition already... and made it some sort of personal value to my character. So I'd rather keep the gun itself, so I can buy moar bullets later, while selling the ones I have.
Also, what is the difference between a clip and a clip? I mean, those are designed to be completely interchangeable, right? So why not sell them back? I see how this can be regarded as a sort of cheating around tokens, though. Maybe I can pledge my rifle for its cost?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:13:01 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: March 21, 2015, 01:13:03 pm »

Same thing goes for the Radugas and Spektrs, by the by. Anyone who still has them from the last round of missions should return them to the overall equipment fund, so that anyone going on the next round of missions can grab some for a proper round of testing. Radugas at least seemed to perform well enough in slaughtering people and cutting buildings, but Spektrs were mostly on the Eater mission...

How many of those survived, anyway? I know Lars and Gilgamesh returned safely with two Radugas, but I can't remember who got the other prototypes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:15:28 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: March 21, 2015, 01:18:57 pm »

Oh my... Mind swap.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: March 21, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

Oh dear.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14112 on: March 21, 2015, 01:40:08 pm »

Actually, I had a big laser and a small laser (forget their names). Don't remember if I put them in the fund, but I gave them to Miyamoto.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: March 21, 2015, 01:45:38 pm »

I'm ready to be mistaken for Kyle all the time. That will make for some interesting roleplay.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: March 21, 2015, 04:04:46 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
The news right now, local at least, is basically "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT THING IN THE SKY HOLY SHIT"

Greatest and most accurate news report ever!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 2205