Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494092 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13260 on: February 24, 2015, 04:23:29 pm »

Wait, the potion made everything so cold matter just stopped moving, right?
Doesn't that mean the air is just one big solid then?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: February 24, 2015, 04:48:15 pm »

Well, that's an interesting one, it surely depends on whether the non-freezed people (specifically, Auron, as it is clear with Dr. Clark) bear a certain field of 'not-zero-time' around them and if they can impart it on other objects

The way I see it is that all the molecules that composed the air are suspended where they were... and whether they remain there, get moving or simply settle on the non-freezed person moving into them is open to debate.
(I'd guess air would settle as layers upon layers upon the person who moved because of no initial speed of the encountered air molecules, but I'm not as well versed in physics as some fellow tinkerers here.)

Also, now that I think of it, isn't the air supply in the non-zero field rapidly dwindling? Because Brownian motion and all. Though if the things become still when leaving the field, there is already a thin shell growing around non-zero-speed space... but it's growing too slowly to prevent air supply exhausting very soon, I think.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: February 24, 2015, 04:51:58 pm »

I think you're over-thinking it, it's magic.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13263 on: February 24, 2015, 05:18:33 pm »

In case anyone wonders why I'm being so slow and hesitant to update mission 18 till everyone is in agreement, the reason is very simple. If I'm gonna permakill like 10 people I want them to dig the grave for me so I won't feel as bad.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: February 24, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

Question, how would they have done this mission well? I mean, yes possessions, but would have those other people If they were never killed helped enough to get to the killing point?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: February 24, 2015, 05:27:33 pm »

Well, for starters, we could have anticipated the Eater's activity periods way better and taken more precautions. Like, covering the host in sand before it started to go active rather than say, yeah, sure, lets skip to where it's too late.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: February 24, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »

You guys wasted so much time first burying the eater, then changing your mind and unburying. Having a single plan from the start and sticking to it might have averted that.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13267 on: February 24, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

Question, how would they have done this mission well? I mean, yes possessions, but would have those other people If they were never killed helped enough to get to the killing point?
I didn't have a set plan for a good way to beat the mission. I had set pieces with set behaviors and times for them to do it, assuming they could.  I generally create missions by creating pieces and then having some goal. There is no "Right" way.

You guys wasted so much time first burying the eater, then changing your mind and unburying. Having a single plan from the start and sticking to it might have averted that.
This is a common hiccup. A lack of coordination means that a crisis often involves 10 people doing 10 different and sometimes contradictory things.

They can still all survive this. Thats All I'll say though.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: February 24, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »

Piecewise is obviously Piecewising here way above normal levels, those ruins must be related to the eater, and honestly, I'm betting that those ruins are for other eaters that used to live in, and there's probably another type of eater, perhaps an eater of heat? Those plasma balls could very well be flies that eaters have possessed, just that there are too many to eat any heat, that's why the plasma balls got attracted to the fire, they assumed it was another of their own.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: February 24, 2015, 05:52:39 pm »

what about the on ship people. how screwed are our chances?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: February 24, 2015, 05:57:45 pm »

The entire mission has been one clusterfuck of anti-coordination, I'm afraid. And now there's going to be hell to pay.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13271 on: February 24, 2015, 06:27:58 pm »

Depends if Auron brought a handtruck.

The entire mission has been one clusterfuck of anti-coordination, I'm afraid. And now there's going to be hell to pay.
Almost literally.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: February 24, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

An apt description of almost every mission not commanded by Radio.  And probably a few that were.

...Let's hope he means "because if he brought a handtruck, he'd be too busy filling it with loot to save anyone."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:06 pm »

I have a backpack i can fit a body inside, does that help?

Edit: wait a second, times frozen right? That means no gravity for frozen objects.
I can make a handtruck out of a player and my skateboard. :D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:49:13 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: February 24, 2015, 10:09:55 pm »

So, half of the missions are going or have gone swimmingly, and two are destroying vast numbers of crewmembers. Still better odds than the lab.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 2205