Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488709 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12465 on: January 28, 2015, 01:21:24 am »

Gossip-y question: What's the most work you've ever put into something (place, encounter, etc.) only to have the players sidestep it entirely? What was it?
I'm going to have to guess either the mission 4 map, or the internals of the buried alien ship STAN happened in.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: January 28, 2015, 01:23:40 am »

I'll jump into the bandwagon and ask how potent is my potion, #30?

As for Q&A I have few questions and what-ifs about Samsonite Abyss.
  • What was the Forest?
  • Did scientists figure out anything from those 'tree' samples?
  • What if Thomas had won the will roll to resist Lighteater posession?
  • Was noise making Tower's only reason to exist?
  • What if idiots never awakened Lighteaters? How easy the mission would have been?
  • How useful would the noise control staff have been?
  • What caused Lighteater in the Tower become the inert puddle on ground? And why it didn't just go and activate Citadel when it has physical form before meeting the idiots?
  • Why did the Wurm kill Charro?
  • Was it even possible to communicate with Lighteaters?
  • Just how did the Wurm got down down the massive cliff? Or was it different one?
  • Why did Lighteaters eat light...?
  • Were there anything usefull in pits of Pitted Land?
  • On scale from 1 to STAN, how cruel death would resulted from attempt to climb down into a pit?
  • Did the team miss anything fun or usefull?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: January 28, 2015, 01:36:57 am »

Oh, I got another one. What was in the boxes of the STAN mission? Any potentially useful new tech?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: January 28, 2015, 01:41:13 am »

Yay!
For context, the thing he was taking out was the anti-shapeshifting thing Simus put in my head when I was on Hephaestus.

He shrugs and then gives you a hard look for a moment. You feel a very odd sensation, lose the ability to see in color, forget how to speak correctly, see several visions of a past you're almost certain isn't your own and then everything is normal again.

"It's gone."
spoooky
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: January 28, 2015, 01:51:21 am »

Doctor has amps.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12470 on: January 28, 2015, 01:53:57 am »

Gossip-y question: What's the most work you've ever put into something (place, encounter, etc.) only to have the players sidestep it entirely? What was it?
Sean guessed right here. Mission 4 probably the biggest, since I had maps and shit for that, with traps and stuff set up. And then boom, all gone.  Never let it be said that I will not allow players to escape the path I had set for them. The railroad gets blown off the tracks regularly around here.

I'll jump into the bandwagon and ask how potent is my potion, #30?

As for Q&A I have few questions and what-ifs about Samsonite Abyss.
  • What was the Forest?
  • Did scientists figure out anything from those 'tree' samples?
  • What if Thomas had won the will roll to resist Lighteater posession?
  • Was noise making Tower's only reason to exist?
  • What if idiots never awakened Lighteaters? How easy the mission would have been?
  • How useful would the noise control staff have been?
  • What caused Lighteater in the Tower become the inert puddle on ground? And why it didn't just go and activate Citadel when it has physical form before meeting the idiots?
  • Why did the Wurm kill Charro?
  • Was it even possible to communicate with Lighteaters?
  • Just how did the Wurm got down down the massive cliff? Or was it different one?
  • Why did Lighteaters eat light...?
  • Were there anything usefull in pits of Pitted Land?
  • On scale from 1 to STAN, how cruel death would resulted from attempt to climb down into a pit?
  • Did the team miss anything fun or usefull?
1. Fractal antennae if I remember right. Those were the tip tops of buildings and shit buried in the "sand".
2. Nothing special. Fairly mundane materials honestly; isotopes of carbon that we don't have and that seem to go mildly radioactive in our world. Interesting but not terribly useful.
3. Hard to say. He might have forced it out of himself, or he might have gone symbiotic. If he had gone symbiotic he'd have been able to freely manipulate the sand.
4. The tower? No. That was a place they used to live. Hive like thing. See, they had no capacity to see. The noise makers were their equivalents of street lights.
5. Depends. You guys never made it to the center, remember. You had to retreat. The ultimate goal was never reached.
6. Hard to say. Maybe it was sleeping. Maybe it got something from it's encounter with Thomas that let it reform and continue it's actions. Did we notice any differences with him after that?
7. If I remember right the Wurm killed Charro because charro happened to be standing in the wrong place as it passed.
8. To a limited degree maybe. You could certainly speak to them but their comprehension of that speech might be very different.
9. Ever see a centipede climb a wall?
10. Because they were hungry.
11.Some stuff. If I think I stuck some neat materials down there.
12.Depends on how well people could fight. There was clearly shit down there that caused problems, but unlike stan it was the kind of problem that conventional combat could deal with.
13. The citadel and what waited inside. Never did quite find out what happened to that guy's brother eh?

Unrelated rambling: The Samsonite abyss is one of those rare missions that came to me almost wholesale from a dream. Most missions have a more mundane origin. The Dam mission came about because I had recently taken a boat tour around a man made lake on a dam. The Current mission in the desert came from me reading "Declare" by Tim Powers and "Animal Weapons" by  Douglas J. Emlen. Just like the game itself game from Road side picnic,  Forever War, Planetes, and several other inspirations.  But the Abyss was a dream pure and simple with nothing beyond that. And I like it for that reason, because It doesn't have any conscious points of reference. I'm tempted sometimes to create more missions and games like it, though rarely do my dreams give me anything terribly useful. Well, interesting, but not useful in this game.

Oh, I got another one. What was in the boxes of the STAN mission? Any potentially useful new tech?
Nah. But the Ancient, non-organic AI (The likes of which I mention as inscrutable machine gods) which was buried down there might have been useful.

Doctor has amps.
Ever heard Dali talk about drugs?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: January 28, 2015, 01:56:53 am »

Ah balls, that would've been interesting to work with.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: January 28, 2015, 02:04:41 am »

What does tge alien that produces xenospit look like?

Also, is dimension compression a thing we can do?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:13:40 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: January 28, 2015, 02:06:27 am »

speaking of missions going on / off the rails, which mission went the most exactly like you predicted it would when you designed it?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #12474 on: January 28, 2015, 02:06:38 am »

If you are answering questions, what were the urban executor's coordinates pointing to in the mission with the laser fence?  Is it the origin point of the foreshadowed coming darkness?  Also was wondering what the significance of the vision was that Lars received on Hephaestus that mentioned the Kardashev scale.  Are these questions related?  Sorry if these have already been answered.
So, no problem if you don't want to answer these, I thought I would just repost them in case you missed them.  Also: machine gods, interesting.  Is one of those what contacted Lars?  Are they the approaching danger?   The mentioned machines that dim the stars?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:20:57 am by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: January 28, 2015, 02:06:48 am »

7. If I remember right the Wurm killed Charro because charro happened to be standing in the wrong place as it passed.

That might be most pointless death around here...

...Nothing that big, no...
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: January 28, 2015, 02:17:58 am »

This is a more general question, as far as questions go, but where did piecewise the Basilisk go?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: January 28, 2015, 02:21:25 am »

Shit...

I really wanted to turn him into a real dragon but i just remembered that little  creatures go boom when you give them pills...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: January 28, 2015, 02:22:05 am »

I could fix that!
For a price.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12479 on: January 28, 2015, 02:22:42 am »

What does tge alien that produces xenospit look like?
If I remember right they talk about Xenobiotic proteins and such in the warning label right? Well, Xeno just means non-human, non-standard earth terrestrial. Doesn't necessarily mean completely natural alien.

What I'm trying to say is that we could make xenospit locally.

If you are answering questions, what were the urban executor's coordinates pointing to in the mission with the laser fence?  Is it the origin point of the foreshadowed coming darkness?  Also was wondering what the significance of the vision was that Lars received on Hephaestus that mentioned the Kardashev scale.  Are these questions related?  Sorry if these have already been answered.
So, no problem if you don't want to answer these, I thought I would just repost them in case you missed them.  Also: machine gods, interesting.  Is one of those what contacted Lars?
Too big and important. Theys the big mysteries. Little mysteries and what if's work.

That might be most pointless death around here...

...Nothing that big, no...

I'm pretty sure I gave him a pretty big warning to get the fuck out of the way.

Ask an Aussie. They'll know.

This is a more general question, as far as questions go, but where did piecewise the Basilisk go?
He's living in the vents with Victor.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 2205