Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493156 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12030 on: January 05, 2015, 11:53:41 am »

And then it dives into tunnels below. Congratulations, you just lost the eater.

There aren't good ways to do this, only bad and even worse. Story HMRC inmate, really.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:25 pm »

I think the Eater is a problem that can't be easily solved with violence or brute force.

In other words, we're screwed, lol.
Violence is to this game as duct tape is to real life, if you cant solve the problem with it you havent used enough.

Use a mass amp to force it down the shaft?

Sure, but that'll take quite some brainpower, and who knows how long they can keep that up (there's only like, what, 1 mass amp user with them?)

But yes, that might be able to stall it a little while.
High initial difficulty yes, but if the space wizard(s) manage to get the eater underground it becomes super simple to contain it.
The more sand it liquifies the deeper the weight of the sand above it can push it.

Sure it makes it hard to recover later, but at this point its likely to piss off on its own anyway.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: January 05, 2015, 12:12:14 pm »

Or maybe they can encase it in stone? Are there any large rocky formations nearby?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12033 on: January 05, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »

That's the kind of thing you prepare before a thing that you know will happen happens. Right now they are at the "shit is happening and we must react to it" phase, which means their options are limited to what they currently have with them and around them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12034 on: January 05, 2015, 04:31:56 pm »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: January 05, 2015, 04:34:39 pm »

I wonder if we can get a bulk rate on body bags.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: January 05, 2015, 04:41:12 pm »

At the rate we are making corpses, it might be easier to check how fast we can make these decompose. Recycling is the future, after all.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: January 05, 2015, 05:53:40 pm »

Maybe we could ask Xan to work out a fleshy creature that turns dead bodies into something entirely innocuous like potted plants (of course, the pot would be made of bone or wood if he can manage it, but that's probably not the most important issue).

Actually, can Xan imitate plant matter? There's no good biological reason he couldn't as far as I know, and it could be handy if he could turn into a tree apropos of nothing.

Also, third casualty of the Eater of Cold! Will we have a fourth or even a fifth by the mission's end?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: January 05, 2015, 05:55:20 pm »

At the rate we are making corpses, it might be easier to check how fast we can make these decompose. Recycling is the future, after all.
Relevant.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nunzillor

« Reply #12039 on: January 05, 2015, 06:43:56 pm »

One thing you guys could try is encasing it in sand again using the mass amp before it has a chance to get used to its new body.  It might be worth a shot since it worked before.

My character would try to help in some way but he is too busy making slides.
EDIT: Also, if the situation gets way too dire, don't forget your Christmas potions!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:47:46 pm by Nunzillor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: January 05, 2015, 08:33:20 pm »

Maybe we could ask Xan to work out a fleshy creature that turns dead bodies into something entirely innocuous like potted plants (of course, the pot would be made of bone or wood if he can manage it, but that's probably not the most important issue).

Actually, can Xan imitate plant matter? There's no good biological reason he couldn't as far as I know, and it could be handy if he could turn into a tree apropos of nothing.

Also, third casualty of the Eater of Cold! Will we have a fourth or even a fifth by the mission's end?
Adding those to my idea list.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: January 05, 2015, 09:28:43 pm »

What is it we are supposed to do again once we get the eater to the execution site? I'm damn certain if we're like "Welp it's here, time to shoot it in the face" It is just going to jump bodies again
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #12042 on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:12 pm »

According to Steve, we must take the Eater to a specific place in the desert ("a pit where there are no shadows") and kill it while the sun is directly overhead. 

He never specified how, exactly, it needs to be killed, so I'm assuming any old way would work.  Maybe cut off its head (to keep for revival) and push its body in the pit to try and save our unfortunate teammate?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:39:13 pm by Nunzillor »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:20 pm »

Ah, kk now I remember! Thanks =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #12044 on: January 05, 2015, 09:45:26 pm »

No problem, also I edited for Tek to ask Steve for some specifics on the needed method of death since it is a little vague.

Have fun building that Eater sandcastle!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:06:20 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 2205