Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490493 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #11835 on: December 16, 2014, 12:53:48 pm »

Normal = bland and uninteresting is...not really normal -_-
It all depends on how the person perceives social or personal actions--you don't 'need' to be crazy to give flavor or stand out to others, as a prominent example.

It depends on what you characterize as crazy, and I was going off the loosest definition of the word that gets commonly bandied about.

Besides, what I was getting at is that it takes a lot more involvement to be normal, yet interesting rather than abnormal and interesting, because abnormality in itself is interesting if done at least halfway decently, unlike normality. A character is easier to draft up and play with a set of quirks than an actual personality of their own (rather than strictly the player's).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11836 on: December 16, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »

Alright, just to shake things up a bit more; I think I'm dropping Deadman running (It was pretty slow and attendance was really dropping anyways) and end the test in Limbo for the time being.

With all those extra things gone I can do full posts of all the threads every day.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: December 16, 2014, 01:07:43 pm »

I tend to think of characters and players as separate entities, so despite seeing this coming for months, I'm sad to see Jim go. As a veteran of the first mission, Jim is one of the oldest characters in the game; he's also the character with the most development, in my opinion, through interactions with Feyri and angst with his background. Not many people bother to do those IC interactions, which is a damn shame, in my opinion; I tend to view other characters as blank slates moreso than Jim, because of that. I have no opinion of them because they haven't done anything I would form an opinion of. There's plenty of characters that are active enough on a mission, and then just disappear when they get back to the ship, only to pop back up when a new mission is starting. Jim, for a while, wasn't one of those characters. ER's as much a story as a game, in my eyes, and it hasn't been quite the same without Jim. :(

Fakedit: Oh, woops. Went off to update the wiki and syvarris basically said what I wanted to say in the meantime.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: December 16, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

With all those extra things gone I can do full posts of all the threads every day.
Cool!

*Nikitian remembers the days when there were up to three updates in the (one and only) ER thread every day, and due to the timezones he had to wake up in the dead of the night just not to miss a GM post. Good old days!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: December 16, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

I tend to think of characters and players as separate entities, so despite seeing this coming for months, I'm sad to see Jim go. As a veteran of the first mission, Jim is one of the oldest characters in the game; he's also the character with the most development, in my opinion, through interactions with Feyri and angst with his background. Not many people bother to do those IC interactions, which is a damn shame, in my opinion; I tend to view other characters as blank slates moreso than Jim, because of that. I have no opinion of them because they haven't done anything I would form an opinion of. There's plenty of characters that are active enough on a mission, and then just disappear when they get back to the ship, only to pop back up when a new mission is starting. Jim, for a while, wasn't one of those characters. ER's as much a story as a game, in my eyes, and it hasn't been quite the same without Jim. :(

Fakedit: Oh, woops. Went off to update the wiki and syvarris basically said what I wanted to say in the meantime.
It's...all in the OOC thread, right? :X Whathappened

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: December 16, 2014, 02:02:04 pm »

Yes, it's all in the OOC thread, apart from this:

Jim jerks stiff, spasms violently for a moment, clawing at the air and his head with all four arms, and then collapses.

>Mesk, it would appear that jim has died. Hard to say of what, at the moment. But when you get the chance, please head into the a-12 building and recover a preservative cart. I would like his body returned in optimal condition, if possible.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: December 16, 2014, 02:06:22 pm »

Since decompensators will be removed from the game after this mission set and be refunded, what will happen to Jim's decomp in newbie pool? Will it just disappear or will it be turned into tokens too?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: December 16, 2014, 03:36:06 pm »

Alright, just to shake things up a bit more; I think I'm dropping Deadman running (It was pretty slow and attendance was really dropping anyways) and end the test in Limbo for the time being.

They were fun while they lasted.

RIP Jim.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: December 16, 2014, 04:22:37 pm »

Neat, maybe-daily updates!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: December 16, 2014, 05:23:45 pm »

Whathappened
SeriousConcentrate decided to leave. It's been nearly three years in a game he initially thought would end within months, so much has changed which he can't really keep up with and he considered Jim to be more of a blank slate. So he's decided to part on cordial terms.

Not sure what's going to happen to Jim exactly. He'll probably die, the question is how.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: December 16, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »

Dead already, I think.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: December 16, 2014, 05:30:30 pm »

Dead already, I think.
Oops, didn't see that post. Yeah, he'd dead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:56 pm »

Dead already, I think.
Oops, didn't see that post. Yeah, he'd dead.
Looks like there might be a new Synth-Steve avatar, though.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: December 17, 2014, 01:02:05 am »

Interesting if so, though the only difference between Jim and Steve's bodies is that Jim's has two extra arms, which I'm sure Steve could have just gotten himself at any point if he wanted.

And no, I'm not gone forever and all that. I'm just not interested in playing right now, there's a difference. :P Thanks for the kind words/well wishes regardless though, y'all. I'll probably lurk and comment occasionally, so, not much difference from when I was playing, at that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: December 17, 2014, 01:09:16 am »

Maybe they'll throw it into a wood chipper to break it down into a processable size for the pill machine? Who wants Jim pills? :P
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 2205