Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486980 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10680 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:01 am »

How about all those people who wake up then immediately fall to stasis dementia? They could make good test subjects.

And are you gonna make a list of all the no-mission braindeads? And hell, would pw even allow it? I could easily see him go 'oh yeah, that pill machine is hugely powerful and stuff, so it's gonna have to be tested on player characters'. Percussive balancing and such.
I'll make the list if it helps.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: November 03, 2014, 08:09:21 am »

How about all those people who wake up then immediately fall to stasis dementia? They could make good test subjects.

And are you gonna make a list of all the no-mission braindeads? And hell, would pw even allow it? I could easily see him go 'oh yeah, that pill machine is hugely powerful and stuff, so it's gonna have to be tested on player characters'. Percussive balancing and such.
I'll make the list if it helps.

A very kind and industrious proposal! But before you do, might I suggest checking with the gm if he'll allow it? To save on potentially unneccesary work.

Uhhh
Once again: why not let it run on volunteers?
I mean, not so long ago (before the advent of Xan the All-Monster), people were even eager enough to let the Doctor experiment on them. All so they would get a little more powerful.

Also, isn't the machine a little bit broken from the last time a pill was consumed? (You know, big, flashy pill-consuming9.) It might not even work any more, for all we know...

Do you think you'll find enough volunteers? If yes, then sure, that could work. But once one or two people took a pill that only gave horrible downsides, it might be difficult to find further volunteers.
Oh i have a few plans to boost volunteer ratings.

One even involves bribery and cannibalism. But yes, volunters shall be had.

Ah yes, the ancient method of generating volunteers by threatening to eat the ones who don't volunteer.
A classic stratagem!

Hmm, I wonder if synthpeople could use those pills. They can use stims, so maybe they can.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:12:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: November 03, 2014, 10:02:44 am »

When in doubt, feed it a newbie! Or feed it to a newbie. Or be fed a newbie...

On a different note, I'm thinking of scrapping my current reserve character in favor of making one that come from a planet where the only law enforcement is vigilantes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: November 03, 2014, 01:47:47 pm »

You people on ship should start killing each other. The text says so.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: November 03, 2014, 01:56:30 pm »

Well, one of them seems to know what's going on, somehow knowing quotes from an ancient book.

Obviously, they should sacrifice him to please the gods of ominous foreshadowing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: November 03, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »

I'm up for that. But the mass slaughter should only begin on a bad dice roll mind control.

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: November 03, 2014, 02:26:51 pm »

I am just out on my own probably completed screwed, doing things from a character perspective is quite alot of fun.
Hai

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: November 03, 2014, 02:56:43 pm »

I am just out on my own probably completed screwed, doing things from a character perspective is quite alot of fun.

There's two perspectives to being alone in ER.

Number one: you're beyond the range of any help and if you die, nobody will take your brain back for resuscitation.

Number two: you're beyond the range of any teammates, so you, on average, have a far lesser risk of dying in the first place. Also, you'll always have adventure to engage in if you're alone!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: November 03, 2014, 03:19:52 pm »

Should I assume that I'm with Xan and the others or am I alone in the Rec room?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: November 03, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »

You should assume you are lunch and plan accordingly.

But yes, probably rec room.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: November 03, 2014, 03:28:11 pm »

There's you and Omeganaut's character in the rec room, I think.

EDIT: Also Execute/dumbo.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:41:28 pm by swordsmith04 »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: November 03, 2014, 03:38:47 pm »

I am there, currently banging on the walls to be let out.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: November 04, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »

On Q'Baja defense, just had this crazy random idea: can we pull a 'disappeared colony' gig? I mean, isn't it 'outer rim' enough for that? Either stage a show for the eventual visiting UWM fleet/observer (after a mysterious communication breakdown), or simply evacuate the whole colony somewhere else. Sure, they might be fond of their planet and all, but aside from the Eater of Cold, there is little of importance locally, right?

If the UWM don't even know they rebelled, there would be no repercussions for locals, right?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: November 04, 2014, 01:27:00 pm »

Evacuating a colony is no small feat. While we could maybe do it, we'd never fit into a reasonable timeframe.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10694 on: November 04, 2014, 01:52:02 pm »

And this is no small colony. It's a small scale factory world. Not as potent as Hephaestus, sure, but there are a lot of important factories there and infrastructure, and the potential for more. It's like playing Civilization and abandoning a fully functional capital city to get a single settler and a few workers. It would be a sound move only in very rare and hopeless scenarios.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 2205