Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485512 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10545 on: October 29, 2014, 11:24:10 pm »

From a purple or blue Nyars box. It ended up with Grate, then got confiscated when he went to Heph. I wonder if maybe Heph could make some random pills and ship em to us. Hand them out on the party mission to be used as a last resort when shit goes to hell. Random pills, maybe with a spoon or gauss round in each for armor, might actually help our survival chances. Can't make it worse, judging from the past two party missions.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:34:09 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: October 29, 2014, 11:29:17 pm »

Grate is the last official owner of it, which makes it a bit more murky.  It's on Heph, so I assume that makes it Heph property.

Stacy was the first to buy it.

NINJA ATTACK

EDIT:  I like how "party mission" is a term now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: October 29, 2014, 11:35:21 pm »

You should have Lars join the next party mission. Heck, I bet Thrak would have loved party missions.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: October 29, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

Purchased by Stacy, sold to Grate, confiscated by Miyamoto, Given to Grate, shoved in Hephaestus storage.  That is the ownership history of the pill machine.  Also, serious science has been done, by GWG before he got banned.  He didn't get far, but he did do science.

My primary opposition to using the pill machine is the cost of testing- we need human bodies of decent size, and those aren't cheap.  My secondary opposition is the fact that stuff coming from Hephaestus is always given a balanced price, so most of the obvious functions are entirely redundant with technology that we already have.  It isn't even very useful to sods, because robosods can't use pills, and effectively cost an eighteenth as much as flesh sods.

Beirus' idea could be a solution to that, although it would be very slow.  If we had salaries, we could pay people to take pills.

Also, Hap, you've been doing Science on the deathcube?  Why have you kept it secret from us?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: October 29, 2014, 11:36:10 pm »

Wonder what would happen if you put in all of the PK amps at once for a pill.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: October 29, 2014, 11:39:24 pm »

Was hoping to get something good out of it before I left on a mission, but posting in thread would've been far too slow. Just did it by PM, much quicker. I actually chatted about it in the plug.dj quite a bit while it was going on, but I don't remember who else was there.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:59 pm »

Might be useful. Throw one common ingredient in each pill, vary the other ingredients. If they are two-ingredient pills, you can determine one of the effects and get a general idea of the effects of other items. Unless the materials used end up combining into a new effect. Which might still be useful.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: October 29, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »

Just because i wanna intelligently mess with the pill machine doesnt mean im suicidal or stupid enough to fuck with an aptly named deathcube. It earned its name and you will not persuade me otherwise, find another sucker to vaporize themselves for your benefit.

I have no intention of vaporising my character when i could spend my precious time creating possible 8 foot tall angry metal bugmen.

Pill machine history is on the wiki under metamorphosis device.

I dont even understand what your concerns are, you just dont want any old inmate jumping to haphaestus at will without permission right?
simbly by nature of it being a mechanical system you can just handwave it ans say theres all these authentication procedures that prevent you using it without permission or going on a vengeful murderous rampage.
Basically all the QEC droids are doing is giving people the ability to transfer personell instantly instead of having to wait a month to get there and another month leave, all you gotta do is get handwaved through by piecewise or pyro and science can move forward in a timely fashion instead of having artifacts sitting there for months on end collecting dust because noone is available to do the research.

Wonder what would happen if you put in all of the PK amps at once for a pill.
You will die horribly, kill everyone around you, explode into a balst of arcane energy and attract the attention of eldritch gods that are best left unknown. Not necessarily in that order.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: October 29, 2014, 11:49:59 pm »

party mission?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: October 29, 2014, 11:52:24 pm »

Oh, oh, I have a special pill request of I ever get around to asking IC and somehow getting it approved. Put a bunch of infants, and they need to be about one year old, in the machine. Give the pill to an amp user. BAM! New Eldritch God. Or ampslosion. One of the two. Maybe.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: October 30, 2014, 12:12:18 am »

Just because i wanna intelligently mess with the pill machine doesnt mean im suicidal or stupid enough to fuck with an aptly named deathcube. It earned its name and you will not persuade me otherwise, find another sucker to vaporize themselves for your benefit.

I have no intention of vaporising my character when i could spend my precious time creating possible 8 foot tall angry metal bugmen.
Aw, it's not so dangerous once you figure a few things out. I think I've got about 15 or 20 successful activations under my belt now, and I'm confident enough to send in entire strings of button presses at a go. It's basically an alien computer (and works in a very predictable manner), and whoever got melted by it just hit the wrong button. I was only presenting it as an option to you, if you wanted to do the science.

Pill machine history is on the wiki under metamorphosis device.
Thanks!

I dont even understand what your concerns are, you just dont want any old inmate jumping to haphaestus at will without permission right?
simbly by nature of it being a mechanical system you can just handwave it ans say theres all these authentication procedures that prevent you using it without permission or going on a vengeful murderous rampage.
Basically all the QEC droids are doing is giving people the ability to transfer personell instantly instead of having to wait a month to get there and another month leave, all you gotta do is get handwaved through by piecewise or pyro and science can move forward in a timely fashion instead of having artifacts sitting there for months on end collecting dust because noone is available to do the research.
Well, close but not quite. My concern is that Pyro seems to keep a tight grip on Heph, and lets only a select few in: this seems to be intentional both on PW's and Pyro's parts. If he has to greenlight anyone before they can use one of those QEC bots, there's not much of an issue (though I don't see the bots getting much use, if that's the case). My biggest concern is if he doesn't have the final say in who gets to use the bots. What happens when one of those bots causes an "incident"?

Why not just ask them to send the pill machine back, since it seems to be your focus? Looks like the lot of them on Heph have enough work for a good long while as-is.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:37 am »

Well i also wanted to mess with the power core a little and search for more fallout anomalies from the gratesplosion.

Its mostly just that heph has access to more raw materials i can feed into the device for free, such as beetle ants, assorted drugs and chemicals, copper wiring, defective sod brains, ship hull plating, radioctive gold, diamond shards (seriously theres a solid diamond tunnel), other assorted weirdness, knives, statues, dolls, spare weapons, strange plants, spiders, birds....
You know... the random shit that planets have in abundance and spaceships do not.

But yeah... if they are willing to send it back i can make do with what i have on hand.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: October 30, 2014, 12:38:54 am »

Well i also wanted to mess with the power core a little and search for more fallout anomalies from the gratesplosion.

Its mostly just that heph has access to more raw materials i can feed into the device for free, such as beetle ants, assorted drugs and chemicals, copper wiring, defective sod brains, ship hull plating, radioctive gold, diamond shards (seriously theres a solid diamond tunnel), other assorted weirdness, knives, statues, dolls, spare weapons, strange plants, spiders, birds....
You know... the random shit that planets have in abundance and spaceships do not.

But yeah... if they are willing to send it back i can make do with what i have on hand.
It'd be great if they sent it with diamonds and hull plating. Might make a useful armor pill.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:56 am »

It'd be great if they sent it with diamonds and hull plating. Might make a useful armor pill.
Or you grow diamond and steel in your lungs and die.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: October 30, 2014, 12:45:23 am »

You want scratch resistant armor plating?

Diamond is brittle and sublimates in heat.

Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 2205