Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486857 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10455 on: October 26, 2014, 11:57:12 pm »

@Kri in on-ship thread

Feyri isn't a medic.  She's a con merc, so she actually has -2 to medical.  Worse, she has a +2 to strength, so she's just as likely to pry open your ribcage and jam the jagged ribs into your neck as to actually fix anything.  I thiiink Tir has some backstory about Feyri being horrible at medical stuff, too.

Sorry, I meant Faith. Did I really right Feyri? I get those names confused sometimes...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: October 27, 2014, 12:29:36 am »

Cool. I'll start doing bonus charging, but try and give at least some reason for doing it.
It's a game. Have fun.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: October 27, 2014, 12:31:45 am »

Dynamic bonuses

See I thought dynamic bonuses were a +1/-1 for the very next round for the skill you were planning to use, the -1 useful for overshoots and the +1 for anything less than 5.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:44 am »

That's exactly what they are.  They used to be +/-x, where x was the number of turns you'd spent on it.  Now, x can't go above one, but the only limitation on charging is that you can't be doing a whole lot of other stuff, or stuff that requires a roll.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: October 27, 2014, 12:45:57 pm »

Inspired by the recent Hephaestus thread OOC activity (and still impending doom, just as soon as the rightful king queen Overseer returns, and all the trespassers are put to the Sword. Ahem.):

Where should any propositions/projects intended for Hephaestians be posted? Sure, posting a message there works well for a IC mail, but there are times when one has an OOC idea. Furthermore, due to the nature of the threads, it can get cluttered, and the suggestion can simply drown, especially if overshadowed by something seemingly more interesting at the moment. Tinker thread appears slightly more suitable, notably due to lack of OOC chatter there lately, and its role as 'knowledge thread', coined by RC, but it is still far from the ideal solution, with on-mission-tinkering rules and whatnot.
Perhaps we should make a dedicated wiki page, similar to the player market? Many players have had various ideas and expectations what the Hephaestus crew could (or, according to some, should) work on, and it'd useful to have a place to compile them all - free of chatter message piles, easy to be found by any Hephaestian, even one less active (and thus more susceptible to thread clutter), and perhaps even with a sort of feedback/approval status on behalf of Hephaestians.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:47:43 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: October 27, 2014, 12:48:04 pm »

Yeah that page should be a thing. I'd do it but I barely know how to cobble together my own characters' pages :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: October 27, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »

You could always just add a 'proposed projects and ideas' subtitle on the Hep page, less clutter and such.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: October 27, 2014, 07:41:41 pm »

Pan breaks eye contact as the conversation veers off towards the idiot on the MG

"You know, I totally forgot to look for that guy after the mission. I was going to hold him in place with my amp, Tear off his legs and beat him with them. I wonder why I didn't do that...must have slipped my mind"
LOOK IF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ME I'M SORRY ALRIGHT.
JEEZ.
I ONLY NEARLY DESTROYED ONE SHIP WITH A TURRET FULL OF DEATH STUFF.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: October 27, 2014, 07:43:54 pm »

I was talking about Lerman though.

but now that you mention it, remind me what you did exactly?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: October 27, 2014, 07:46:14 pm »

Dragged... A laser beam across a large spaceships control panel while said ship was in flight with this 10-15 token turret filled with death fluid welded on top.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10465 on: October 27, 2014, 07:58:58 pm »

Hey, if anybody wants to hang out in the IRC channel, there are a bunch of us there: irc://irc.darkmyst.org/#einsteinianroulette
You can use this if you don't have an IRC client like chatzilla in your browser/phone: http://darkmyst.org/?page=webchat

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: October 27, 2014, 08:45:20 pm »

I thought of ER movie night when I found this gem.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: October 28, 2014, 12:17:38 am »

Just for the uninitiated to irc, type:
"/join #einsteinianroulette" without the quotes to join the channel from the web/phone browser page. And you'll see me there tomorrow at some weird +11 gmt timezone thing.
It's a game. Have fun.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: October 28, 2014, 08:54:50 pm »

Hm. Now that we have a little information on that EoC, I wonder how it'd stack up against SharkMist. Sharkmist was organic right?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: October 28, 2014, 09:56:22 pm »

You want a thing that possesses organic things and burns the shit out of stuff to have the ability to transform itself into anything and tap into computer networks and programming?

Seems like it might cause problems.

Unless you mean "program it into something harmless while it's in sharkmist" but it still seems lke it might backfire. And frontfire. Fire everywhere really.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 2205