Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489998 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10305 on: October 23, 2014, 05:47:59 pm »

Speech roll?

"Steve, he's trying to talk to it. We need an orbital bombardment now!"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: October 23, 2014, 05:51:59 pm »

Woah man, I ain't THAT crazy! I mean, good lord, I wear alien artifacts that steal memories, warp you into other dimensions, and have highly dangerous tech implanted in my head, but speech rolls? Not touching them, even with a ten foot pole.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: October 23, 2014, 06:13:22 pm »

If negotiations aren't going well, we'll give Sambo a go at it. Maybe all this reverse-thermodynamics stuff apply to the Eater's talky skills as well? -2 is a fair whack of concentrated negative talkativity. I might kill it with swear words.

And if you're going to go, go out swearing at aliens....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:19:50 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: October 23, 2014, 06:58:29 pm »

I cannot help but notice that as time passes on, we become more proficient at certain jobs (diplomacy, subtlety in general) while the original HMRC-like missions start going worse and worse.

Or is that just me?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10309 on: October 23, 2014, 07:17:27 pm »

Next mission we can have Steve "mix up" the shuttles and switch the teams at the last second. You know, to test the hypothesis. Unless the alien team doesn't notice the difference and starts treating the diplomats as aliens. Or the diplomat team treats the aliens as diplomats.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: October 23, 2014, 07:23:26 pm »

I cannot help but notice that as time passes on, we become more proficient at certain jobs (diplomacy, subtlety in general) while the original HMRC-like missions start going worse and worse.

Or is that just me?
It isn't coincidence. people that volunteer for "boring" missions are less likely to behave erratically or run off on their own. people that volunteer for "exciting" missions want to take risks, and ER has very harsh dice.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: October 23, 2014, 07:25:14 pm »

It isn't coincidence. people that volunteer for "boring" missions are less likely to behave erratically or run off on their own. people that volunteer for "exciting" missions want to take risks, and ER has very harsh dice.
This.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: October 23, 2014, 07:25:21 pm »

Alien team: "Holy crap, this one speaks our language! It's waving it's hand and baring its teeth! Kill it now!"

Diplomat team: "Uhh, Steve? We need a translator. I can't understand anything this guy is saying."

One speech roll later we have alien allies.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: October 23, 2014, 09:09:08 pm »

Vincent, Dubley, and Jason shouldn't be allowed on missions together anymore, we're the bringers of bad luck xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: October 23, 2014, 10:09:34 pm »

Also the wiki page for my character is missing some gear? Am I allowed to update that? Specifically my laser rifle [Which I guess Feyri has right now] and my [civic defenders?] long coat, which is important because it increases my odds of survival? Even if just by a tiny bit?

Wiki updated.

You are not only allowed to edit your character's wiki page, you are encouraged to do so! Otherwise, we have 2-3 people keeping everything up-to-date, and things sometimes get missed. Case in point, your equipment. ;)
In fact, when the wiki was created, it was generally assumed that people would take care of their own character pages. That obviously doesn't happen, but feel free to start at any point. :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:11 pm »

Vincent, Dubley, and Jason shouldn't be allowed on missions together anymore, we're the bringers of bad luck xD
I blame Dubley. I appreciate him attempting to save Jason and all, but I blame him. So far on both missions he has caused a mini-incident. Yet somehow those incidents are never related to the ones that borked the mission. Well, this time it kinda borked it. M15 had BEEEEEES, M18 had him miss a stationary target at close range with a wide laser. Oh, and he stole a generator. Still, maybe we'll survive to fuck up another mission if we stick together.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »

I think PW summed it up well, but I see it this way; ER has no problem with punishing you for making risky decisions.  Lasering all four limbs off is a lot harder than just the feet, for example. I'm pretty sure this exact thing happened in the serial killer mission; a laser-dismember attempt threw a six and became a laser decapitation.   This scenario just had a massive penalty for screwing this part up.

When I set this up I assumed this wouldn't happen more then once, let alone twice in quick succession.

This just in: PW expected us to fail.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:21 pm »

Also the wiki page for my character is missing some gear? Am I allowed to update that? Specifically my laser rifle [Which I guess Feyri has right now] and my [civic defenders?] long coat, which is important because it increases my odds of survival? Even if just by a tiny bit?

Wiki updated.

You are not only allowed to edit your character's wiki page, you are encouraged to do so! Otherwise, we have 2-3 people keeping everything up-to-date, and things sometimes get missed. Case in point, your equipment. ;)
In fact, when the wiki was created, it was generally assumed that people would take care of their own character pages. That obviously doesn't happen, but feel free to start at any point. :P
People don't update their own character pages?
How odd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:12 pm »

When I set this up I assumed this wouldn't happen more then once, let alone twice in quick succession.

This just in: PW expected us to fail.
And in other news the sky is blue, the grass is green, and cargo pants are awesome.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:55 pm »

I'm wondering if the Eater is just trying to get back home. The info someone got said the last Eater went into space, and they seem to have been deposited in the planet from an asteroid belt. Maybe it's just trying to get back to the utter cold of space where it can thrive.

EoC phone home.

Edit: Just realized my theory can't be right because it seems to make some odd semblance of sense.  :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:36:14 pm by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 2205